I don't know if its just my phone, but when I go into App World and select iheart radio, it doesn't give me a download link. Just gives me the reviews, recommend, and screenshot buttons.

Any idea's as to why it won't let me download it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 11:18 AM
    I don't know if its just my phone, but when I go into App World and select iheart radio, it doesn't give me a download link. Just gives me the reviews, recommend, and screenshot buttons.

Any idea's as to why it won't let me download it?

We've speculated in another thread that they took it down because of problems with the app. I'm on BIS and I couldn't get it to work over the network, only on WiFi. Someone else on BES couldn't get it to work over the network...
    04-03-09 11:27 AM
    I cant even find it in the app store at all. Guess they have taken it down then.
    04-03-09 11:30 AM
    Well I'm glad its not just me that's having trouble! I hope they get it fixed soon I've been wanting to use it since I had it on my iPhone.

04-03-09 11:56 AM
    Well I'm glad its not just me that's having trouble! I hope they get it fixed soon I've been wanting to use it since I had it on my iPhone.

on blackberry browser go to iheartradio.com and you should be able to download it there.
    04-03-09 12:19 PM
    on blackberry browser go to iheartradio.com and you should be able to download it there.
    JD914... Can you use it though? Over a wireless network?
    04-03-09 12:23 PM
    JD914... Can you use it though? Over a wireless network?
    I was using it just fine over wireless before i uninstalled it. I didn't like iheart because it took forever to connect to radio stations, other than that it worked fine.

edit: i just reinstalled it and again it takes forever (about a minute) to connect to a station but once it connects it works fine.
    Last edited by JD914; 04-03-09 at 12:29 PM.
    04-03-09 12:25 PM
    I was using it just fine over wireless before i uninstalled it. I didn't like iheart because it took forever to connect to radio stations, other than that it worked fine.
    Hmmm... Interesting. Who knows what's going on then. Maybe mine just sucks.
    04-03-09 12:28 PM
    I did a search in the app world for iheart and found and downloaded the application.
    Now I just need to test it out....
    04-03-09 12:30 PM
    Hmmm... Interesting. Who knows what's going on then. Maybe mine just sucks.
    maybe it's your unbranded phone.
    04-03-09 12:31 PM
    I just went there and it is right on the front page portion when you open the app. Just scroll to the right. The download link is there, too.
    04-03-09 12:32 PM
    I just went there and it is right on the front page portion when you open the app. Just scroll to the right. The download link is there, too.
    yep, it is right there!!! i d/l this app this morning and am listening to it right now. It works great! Also, I am listening to it over the network and not wifi. This is a really good app!!!
    04-03-09 02:46 PM
    maybe it's your unbranded phone.
    That was actually my thought... But that would be strange considering something like AT&T Navigator would work but not iheartradio... You know what I mean? Still worth it to me if I can't have the app... And it does still work over WiFi for me, so no biggy...
    04-03-09 02:56 PM
    Either on the iHeartRadio web site or when I downloaded the software there was a disclaimer that it would not work properly on AT&T due to the AT&T network.

I experienced the same as you only a couple of minutes while on 3G but works fine on WiFi
    Found this in another thread... Not sure if it's true...
    04-03-09 03:11 PM
    Found this in another thread... Not sure if it's true...
    That's messed up. Last night I was trying to run my battery down until the radio would shut off (don't ask, lol), and I streamed for about 2 hours over the 3G network. (OT: If you like classic rock, check out Q95 Indianapolis...)

I have never actually tried to use it over Wi-Fi, but it has always worked on the network for me.

I'm running stock 167 OS, is anyone having problems running 247 or something? Not sure why it would work for some and not others...
    04-03-09 03:21 PM
    Well here is what I found directly on their website:

How can I connect to iheartradio?
    BlackBerry Pearl, Curve and Bold users can connect to iheartradio through the cellular data network provided by their mobile carrier. BlackBerry Bold and Curve users also have the option of connecting via Wi-Fi. We recommend that AT&T subscribers using a BlackBerry Bold listen via a Wi-Fi connection. A limitation of the AT&T data plan may cause cellular performance to be unreliable.
    04-03-09 03:23 PM
    Well here is what I found directly on their website:

How can I connect to iheartradio?
    BlackBerry Pearl, Curve and Bold users can connect to iheartradio through the cellular data network provided by their mobile carrier. BlackBerry Bold and Curve users also have the option of connecting via Wi-Fi. We recommend that AT&T subscribers using a BlackBerry Bold listen via a Wi-Fi connection. A limitation of the AT&T data plan may cause cellular performance to be unreliable.
    Ok... So now I'm belaboring this whole thing BUT I just think I found a solution. I uninstalled the version I got from AppWorld and reinstalled the software OTA from iheartradio.com... Now it works just fine over the network. Bizarre, but hey, whatever works.
    04-03-09 03:42 PM
    Working fine for me on my Bold on AT&T not using WIFI
    04-03-09 06:03 PM
    I'm running stock 167 OS, is anyone having problems running 247 or something? Not sure why it would work for some and not others...
    Just updated to .247, and it no longer works on the network, only on Wi-Fi. Maybe something is OS-specific?
    04-08-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD