Nimbuzz just released their official native BlackBerry app.

I case you don't know what Nimbuzz is, it is a free multi-IM client that includes a LOT of different services, such as AIM, Yahoo!, MSN/Live, GoogleTalk, Skype Chat, and others.

The new version is supposed to work with OS systems all the way through 5.0. If you are looking for a free IM client, It might be worth checking out.

I have 600+ people in my contact list and that seemed to overload the app. Hopefully others will have better luck with it!
    Last edited by Xopher; 12-03-09 at 10:27 AM.
    12-03-09 10:23 AM
    I just saw this today in one of my Viigo RSS feeds. I downloaded it and am just signing in to everything right now. Running OS 5.0 so we'll see how it goes. I like the fact that its free!
    12-03-09 11:42 AM
    Okay, so I just had to be a little patient with it. With 600+ buddies, it took a while for the app to populate and build its file. Once it had finished that, it started to move around smoother.

I definitely like that they have added in native notifications, so there is a notice up in the top banner, along with the notification * on the icon. I also like that they finally moved the text input to the bottom of the screen (previous java version had to go to a second screen to reply to people).

I think the only thing I don't like about it (same with Palringo) is that it doesn't sort into groups. In BeeJive, I have groups for school friends, friends, family.... In Nimbuzz, everybody is in one long list, either alphabetically or by service.I think that is a minor complaint for a free app that includes so many services.
    12-03-09 04:07 PM
    Yes, it doesn't have my lists from Facebook, but hey...it's free.
    12-05-09 07:52 PM
    I am kinda bummed it wouldn't let me log into more than one AOL account at a time like instango lets me do. I deleted the app for now but I might try it again sometime in case I was doing something wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 07:59 PM
    i just put this on my bb and <3 it.

anyway for this to work with quicklaunch?
    12-06-09 08:25 AM
    Does facebook work with this?
    12-06-09 10:51 AM
    how would you install? via ota...it just downloads a cod file for you...(no alx/jad)??
    12-06-09 11:01 AM
    Does facebook work with this?
    do you mean facebook chat ?

if so. then yes it works a treat !
    12-06-09 11:02 AM
    do you mean facebook chat ?

if so. then yes it works a treat !
    Instead of the actual names of my Facebook contact, I see only numbers for each of my contacts !!! Any clue ?

12-06-09 11:08 AM
    haha...is there anyway to download this first? :/
    12-06-09 11:16 AM
    haha...is there anyway to download this first? :/
    It's in app world
    12-06-09 11:22 AM
    Instead of the actual names of my Facebook contact, I see only numbers for each of my contacts !!! Any clue ?

it did this for me for the first few minutes then it spent a few minutes thinking about each user and everyone came up with names next to their pics.
    12-06-09 11:47 AM
    Ugh I have no data, hence no access to appworld. Any other options/hosts?

12-06-09 11:54 AM

Did you verify your email? I have all of online facebook contacts shown
    12-06-09 12:58 PM
    Yes, it doesn't have my lists from Facebook, but hey...it's free.
    For me FB chat works but myspace chat doesnt... Skype seems to work but I only have 1 contact there so I havent really tested it... lol... and live works fine also.
    12-06-09 01:05 PM

When a contact is offline they show as their Facebook ID number, when a contact comes online it'll show their real name and avatar, just choose to hide offline contacts in the setting and it'll look much neater.
    12-06-09 03:51 PM
    I can't find this in App World and when I try to dl it OTA from their website it doesn't work...any suggestions?
    12-06-09 08:47 PM
    Ive used nimbuzz on the ipod touch and its a great app. How is the memory situation for blackberries...any leaks?
    12-06-09 08:48 PM
    I can't find this in App World and when I try to dl it OTA from their website it doesn't work...any suggestions?
    They only have the Pearl, Tour, and Bold listed on the OTA download page, so I would guess it's not available for the Curve.
    12-06-09 08:57 PM
    I've been using it for a couple of days now. It's handy but I have 2 issues with it:

1. Does launch through QuickLaunch
    2. Seems to run through the battery like there's no tomorrow.

I've now just set it yo Skype contacts and only launch it when I really need to have mobile Skype chat because of the battery issue. Still keeping my MSN client up as it's not as thirsty.

If they could resolve the battery, it would become my main IM client.
    12-06-09 10:07 PM
    I've been using it for a couple of days now. It's handy but I have 2 issues with it:

1. Does launch through QuickLaunch
    2. Seems to run through the battery like there's no tomorrow.

I've now just set it yo Skype contacts and only launch it when I really need to have mobile Skype chat because of the battery issue. Still keeping my MSN client up as it's not as thirsty.

If they could resolve the battery, it would become my main IM client.
    I just noticed this yestreday as I was chatting with it quite a bit and having it run in the background. Eats up the battery like a son of a b*tch. I started with a full battery, and after 6 hours, by the time I was leaving work, the damn thing was nearly dead (displaying "low battery").
    12-11-09 08:18 AM
    I cannot connect. I have tried under 2 different user names. Keeps saying check my connection. Obviously I have a good connection. Any suggestions?

12-11-09 04:46 PM
    Fairly CPU intensive. I get lots of hourglass with the app on a Tour. And of course it uses the radio a lot.

If they could make it more efficient, it would be killer. Still...hard to complain when its free!

12-15-09 12:40 AM
    Yesterday I couldn't get connected to 3 of my logins. I tried waiting, logging out of Nimbuzz, signing out and back into each login, exiting Nimbuzz, nothing would work to get fully connected. I finally got fed up and purchased Beejive.
    12-15-09 08:30 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD