So, while goofing around today, I noticed that NFL Mobile has been added to my phone apps... Just showed up...
    When I hit the BB button while highlighting it, the only option I have is to hide it. No delete, no uninstall, nothing. Anybody have any idea how I can get rid of this?
    DO NOT WANT, VERIZON! ASK ME FIRST.
    04-17-10 04:23 PM
    Apparently Verizon pushed it to you, like Skype, Bing, Facebook, etc. Nothing you can do but hide it. It is likely just a launcher, though, not the program itself. It takes up virtually no memory.
    04-17-10 04:26 PM
    Customer Agreement.

My Wireless Device

Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device.
    04-17-10 04:36 PM
    This is not one to complain about. NFL Mobile is da bomb. Watch NFL Network shows and crap like that. Either way...don't want it just hide it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 04:41 PM
    This has been posted in numerous other threads. It's no biggie, just another pushed app from VZW (irritating, but no biggie). It's only an installation icon, not the full app so it takes up no space. NO, you cannot delete it, but you can throw it into your junk folder where you hide all the other pushed and worthless stuff you receive, and hide it.
    04-17-10 04:44 PM
    This is not one to complain about. NFL Mobile is da bomb. Watch NFL Network shows and crap like that. Either way...don't want it just hide it.

Yep, it is a cool app. I just with the menu was native style.

04-17-10 07:08 PM
    I deleted it yesterday and it was magically reinstalled on my 8830 today.
    04-22-10 03:21 PM
    For the record (as if anyone cares), I still have yet to EVER get one of these icons on either my S1 or S2. Seriously. I consider myself lucky in that regard.

I'm on Verizon, with a unit I bought from them, running their OS...

I did, however, go ahead and install the NFL app anyway.
    04-22-10 04:25 PM
    So, while goofing around today, I noticed that NFL Mobile has been added to my phone apps... Just showed up...
    When I hit the BB button while highlighting it, the only option I have is to hide it. No delete, no uninstall, nothing. Anybody have any idea how I can get rid of this?
    DO NOT WANT, VERIZON! ASK ME FIRST.
    Her's wut else u cud try if u want it gone and don't wana just hide the icon opej the puch icon activate the service cuz its a free service then u can go undr setting>options>Apps> n delete em

04-23-10 09:42 AM
    This is how you get rid of NFL icon.

Options, Advanced options, Service Book. Locate NFL click Blackberry botton, hit delete.
    04-29-10 09:12 AM
    Select the icon, then press the BB button, and select hide.

This is how you get rid of NFL icon.

Options, Advanced options, Service Book. Locate NFL click Blackberry botton, hit delete.
    Deleting the service book is only a temp fix, it will keep coming back. Just hide it.
    04-29-10 09:18 AM
    +1. Hide it. If it's there and hidden it won't resend unless VZW updates the launcher icon and pushes a new one.
    04-29-10 10:29 AM
    Hey I did install this newest version 2.0.98 on my S2 because of the upgrade? but in trying to run it, it only keeps asking to install itself even after I have it. It never goes to the NFL program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both from NFL.com and Verizon with the same results. Soon as I click the app it asks to accept the BB Virtual preload agreement. I click yes and it takes me to the NFL Mobile page to download it. After downloading the same version 2.0.98 again it says congratulations that I have downloaded successfully and to hold the exit button and Click on the app. I do that and it keeps repeating the whole process all over again! Anybody else having this problem? And how do I get my old 2.0.7 program back?
    Thanks all!

For the record (as if anyone cares), I still have yet to EVER get one of these icons on either my S1 or S2. Seriously. I consider myself lucky in that regard.

I'm on Verizon, with a unit I bought from them, running their OS...

I did, however, go ahead and install the NFL app anyway.
    08-14-11 09:12 PM
    Make sure you are using the right icon, the program itself is sorta a 3D icon, the NFL symbol is more on an angle and it appears to have depth. The loader/installer icon the NFL symbol is 2D, and appears straight.
    08-14-11 09:23 PM
    OK Im showing a smaller icon with this newer version. I will try from NFL.com again. I have removed it from my phone again and hidden the smaller icon. Hopefully by downloading another version it will send me the "bigger" NFL shield as you say "3D". Thanks, I will let you know.
    08-14-11 09:36 PM
    Nope, same result. This time I did not get an app on my phone. I fear its part of the one that I hid. It did run the first time when I clicked on it but when I exited the app it went right back to the previous download requests. CRAP!
    08-14-11 09:55 PM
    08-14-11 10:25 PM
    To be honest, even though the VZW app has access to some nice stuff, with ScoreMobile now doing push alerts, I get all that I need......
    08-15-11 09:27 AM
    When i updated to 2.0.98, it put the actual app icon back in my "Downloads" folder (even though I had previous moved it into "Applications") and put the download link in my "Applications" folder. I just had to hide the link and move the actual program icon back where I wanted it. Just as pkcable said, the two icons are different.
    yellerlabsdadx2 likes this.
    08-15-11 12:00 PM
    Bingo!!!! Stupid me for not looking in the "download" folders. There it is plain as day! I guess PK is right with his signature. Thanks JEM
    08-15-11 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD