The NFL Mobile app from Verizon has been updated to 2.0.7.0.
    When I ran a previous version, it gave me the option to either upgrade or exit the application.
    The new upgrade finally works great for the Bold 9650.
    I'm hoping it will still be free. Based on a blog I was reading, it seems as though they are going to tie the video portion into VCast. Making us pay $10/mo. I hope this is not the case. If Bed Red has anything to do with it, there probably will be a charge.
    Didn't Spring users get the same or similar features for free?

Verizon Releases Free Updated NFL Mobile App for Customers | BerryReview.com
    07-23-10 11:25 AM
    Nice, take a pretty decent free app and then make you pay monthly to see the videos. No thanks will watch on tv.
    07-23-10 11:41 AM
    The current v2.0.70 is 234KB. This update is v2.0.80 is 2.8MB! Umm...I think I'll stick to my older version. Very shady.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-23-10 11:56 AM
    The current v2.0.70 is 234KB. This update is v2.0.80 is 2.8MB! Umm...I think I'll stick to my older version. Very shady.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I don't think we will have a choice with the app.
    My version 2.0.70 will no longer work without upgrading. I guess they implemented a feature that automatically checks for upgrades before running.
    I'm now given the option to either Upgrade or Exit.

This is very shady on their part.
    07-23-10 12:06 PM
    Nice, take a pretty decent free app and then make you pay monthly to see the videos. No thanks will watch on tv.
    They're also implementing a feature in the app that will track your phone location. Even after paying the $10/mo, if you're in an area where the game is blacked out on TV, it will also be blacked out on the app as well.
    07-23-10 12:07 PM
    yea i just called verizon and got the nfl mobile app and had to pay the 10 for the vcast videos.which is very bare...now im calling back to cancel..cause its only going to show the night games...i can watch that on tv...
    07-23-10 12:24 PM
    Last time I downloaded that app it blew big time. From what I understand it always stays running, and I had a MONSTER memory drain, has that been resolved?
    07-23-10 12:30 PM
    So the update requires you to pay to watch the games on NFL network?
    07-23-10 12:46 PM
    So the update requires you to pay to watch the games on NFL network?
    If I read the terms of service correctly, they will charge for all video streaming after September 1st. You have to be a VCast subscriber in order to watch the videos from application.
    I bet if they could find a way to do the same for YouTube, they probably would.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 01:59 PM
    yes you have to buy vcast video for 10 to be able to use nfl network or they will charge u 2.99 per use
    07-23-10 02:21 PM
    yes you have to buy vcast video for 10 to be able to use nfl network or they will charge u 2.99 per use
    It claims you'll still be able to use the other features of the app. I don't think I'm going to keep a 2 MB app on my device just for NFL alerts.

Do you know if it will alert you in reference to the $2.99 per use? This is new to me. I won't put it past them.
    Sprint users are getting their version of an NFL app as well as free Navigation, I believe. We get charge for everything. Can they at least give us something fee besides Skype?
    07-23-10 02:34 PM
    gives u the alert when u first open the app that u will be charged.
    07-23-10 03:11 PM
    I was excited about this until I read this press release

Jul 23, 2010 (TELECOMWORLDWIRE via COMTEX) --
    US mobile operator Verizon Wireless has introduced its new version of NFL Mobile, the company said on Thursday.

Available from Friday, the updated version has a new look and feel and enables users to see the latest news, statistics and scores over the entire season. The service will also feature live audio broadcasts of every regular season game during the 2010 season.

No monthly subscription is payable for NFL Mobile. Customers will have access to NFL Network and Video on Demand content at no additional charge through to the end of August and then a V CAST Video subscription (USD10 per month) will be required to access the premium video features of NFL Mobile. Usage of NFL Mobile will be charged according to the customer's data package.

Comments on this story may be sent to [email protected]

For full details on Verizon Communications (VZ) VZ. Verizon Communications (VZ) has Short Term PowerRatings at TradingMarkets. Details on Verizon Communications (VZ) Short Term PowerRatings is available at This Link.

This is free to sprint customers?
    07-23-10 03:14 PM
    It claims you'll still be able to use the other features of the app. I don't think I'm going to keep a 2 MB app on my device just for NFL alerts.

Do you know if it will alert you in reference to the $2.99 per use? This is new to me. I won't put it past them.
    Sprint users are getting their version of an NFL app as well as free Navigation, I believe. We get charge for everything. Can they at least give us something fee besides Skype?
    shhhh don't tell Verizon that Skype is free. They might start making us pay for that too.
    07-23-10 03:14 PM
    I was excited about this until I read this press release

Jul 23, 2010 (TELECOMWORLDWIRE via COMTEX) --
    US mobile operator Verizon Wireless has introduced its new version of NFL Mobile, the company said on Thursday.

Available from Friday, the updated version has a new look and feel and enables users to see the latest news, statistics and scores over the entire season. The service will also feature live audio broadcasts of every regular season game during the 2010 season.

No monthly subscription is payable for NFL Mobile. Customers will have access to NFL Network and Video on Demand content at no additional charge through to the end of August and then a V CAST Video subscription (USD10 per month) will be required to access the premium video features of NFL Mobile. Usage of NFL Mobile will be charged according to the customer's data package.

Comments on this story may be sent to [email protected]

For full details on Verizon Communications (VZ) VZ. Verizon Communications (VZ) has Short Term PowerRatings at TradingMarkets. Details on Verizon Communications (VZ) Short Term PowerRatings is available at This Link.

This is free to sprint customers?

I saw that earlier as well. I was excited too, until I got near the end.
    Guess I'll be using ScoreMobile more often now. At least with ScoreMobile I can add scheduled games to my BlackBerry calendar.

Not sure if VCast Video is worth it. I haven't looked into it that much.
    This is from their website:
    "Watch your favorite television shows while on the go. See live college football, college basketball and NHL Hockey. Get the latest local and national news and weather. Watch great family shows like the Disney Channel's Hannah Montana and SpongeBob on Nickelodeon."

Local new seems interesting, but I couldn't find it listed under All Shows they offer.
    07-23-10 03:33 PM
    Call me crazy but your fine UNLESS you access the premium videos ? The only other way you get charged is if your data plan blows.
    07-23-10 03:45 PM
    Just pay out the wazoo for DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan like I do and you get the ability to watch all the game on your mobile phone as well for free!!!!
    Who needs the VZW 10 app????

PS Party's at MY house on Sunday's!!!!!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-23-10 at 05:55 PM. Reason: party time
    07-23-10 05:54 PM
    Just pay out the wazoo for DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan like I do and you get the ability to watch all the game on your mobile phone as well for free!!!!
    Who needs the VZW 10 app????

Great minds think alike I have Sunday ticket..the NFL app is good for team news updates for me. What happen to the CBS sportsline app? Seems to have disappeared.
    07-23-10 05:57 PM
    i just upgraded the app and its soooo dieferent i understand why its so much bigger but yea it wouldnt let me use my old one without upgradeing either but the new app looks amazeing it was way diferent and i think its going to be good...but i always knew it would come to this i was with sprint when they offerd this for free and i remember when it first switched from sprint to VZW the press release said spacificaly that the NFL app would only be free for the first year i thought it was alittle off at the time but i noticed it then when reading it
    07-23-10 06:49 PM
    I downloaded it today and was not impressed. Certainly not forking out money for video! Local watering hole that I watch NFL games at has wi-fi anyway so just grab the iPod touch out of the car on the way in and I'm good to go. Let the bar pay for DirectTicket too! But the screen is too small and I can't imagine that video would be any fun to watch on it.
    07-23-10 08:57 PM
    I was hoping to use the NFL Network application to catch a game while visiting relatives when they refuse to watch sports, and the women are hogging the TV. For $10/mo I'll pass.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 09:03 PM
    They're also implementing a feature in the app that will track your phone location. Even after paying the $10/mo, if you're in an area where the game is blacked out on TV, it will also be blacked out on the app as well.
    Nice, and again no thanks to 10 bucks a month to watch videos I can catch on tv.
    07-25-10 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD