Got a notice this morning that there's an update for this app (from VZW). Won't download properly, though, and in fact wipes out the old version when you try! No biggie but wondered if anyone else was encountering this?
    Oh never mind they've got it working. Big file, though, 3.7mb!
    Last edited by pastorbrad; 09-04-10 at 05:29 PM.
    09-04-10 11:38 AM
    this is the best app hands down from verizon.
    09-05-10 02:29 PM
    this is the best app hands down from verizon.
    As long as you're in a decent signal area, otherwise it's the pits...
    09-05-10 02:34 PM
    Yep awesome App.

Live scores, redzone, live games and fantasy linkage.
    09-05-10 02:34 PM
    This is an incredible APP that challenges Poynt as the best Blackberry application.
    09-08-10 10:18 AM
    It won't work for me anymore. Tells me I need to upgrade but then it won't let me upgrade.
    09-08-10 05:24 PM
    Can someone please tell me how to get this app back?
    09-08-10 06:24 PM
    Can someone please tell me how to get this app back?
    Try here
    Verizon and NFL Mobile: The Evolution of Fandom
    09-08-10 10:04 PM
    This app RULES!!!!! I already have my 9 fantasy players set up, and I watch NFL Network often. Can't WAIT till sunday to watch Redzone on it, while I'm watching my other games on real TV!
    09-08-10 10:11 PM
    Tried that too. Sent myself a text, but the link they sent me still doesn't have a way to download it .
    09-08-10 10:45 PM
    Got a notice this morning that there's an update for this app (from VZW). Won't download properly, though, and in fact wipes out the old version when you try! No biggie but wondered if anyone else was encountering this?
    Oh never mind they've got it working. Big file, though, 3.7mb!
    What did you do to get it to work? I keep getting "The system was unable to process your request, please try again later."
    09-08-10 10:47 PM
    Ok looks good, I am watching the game and I don't have a Vcast subscription, so it looks like I'm gonna get it free this season!!!!!!
    09-09-10 09:20 PM
    Bummed. Wasn't this on sprint last year? They didn't even make a blackberry yahoo fantasy football app this year(only iphone and android).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 10:19 PM
    Yea, Verizon bought the rights this year, and it changed providers.
    09-09-10 10:41 PM
    so sprint carriers cannot get this anymore?
    09-12-10 10:43 AM
    I'm on sprint. Is there anyway I can get this app? I want to listen to the live games.

09-12-10 12:24 PM
    I was just talking to my buddy who has a DroidX....he has to subscribe to vcast to get videos.

I thought that was weird since on my storm its all free.

What gives with that?

The app is cool mostly for the video....just wish it was a little bit consistent in quality....its pretty good and then really choppy...I got full 3G signal too.

09-12-10 11:19 PM
    Or did I sign up to pay for this without knowing it?

09-12-10 11:41 PM
    I can't access the download. All I see is the bypass the detection link, then I get a 404 error. Anyone have any suggestions?

Figured it out. Used this link:

http://mobile.vzw.com/vzstart/action...OUR2_NFLMOBILE
    Last edited by bosscib; 09-13-10 at 08:42 AM.
    09-13-10 08:15 AM
    This is an incredible APP that challenges Poynt as the best Blackberry application.
    I beg to disagree. Poynt is totally free. NFL on VZW is not. In order to watch the video side, you have to have a Vcast subscription (10$/month?).

Unless it was totally free, it does not beat Poynt in my book.
    09-13-10 08:27 AM
    Ok looks good, I am watching the game and I don't have a Vcast subscription, so it looks like I'm gonna get it free this season!!!!!!
    I am in the same boat....just wondering, how long have you been with VZW?

Me, I have been since 2001 and have kept renewing my old plan that is not longer offered....I saw that I have Vcast apps listed as a feature but I am not subscribing to it or paying for it or anything.
    09-13-10 03:53 PM
    I am in the same boat....just wondering, how long have you been with VZW?

Me, I have been since 2001 and have kept renewing my old plan that is not longer offered....I saw that I have Vcast apps listed as a feature but I am not subscribing to it or paying for it or anything.
    Yes I noticed that in my list too. What I was told by Verizon was that IF you downloaded and were using the NFL app prior to 7/22, then it's free for you for THIS season, but if not then you need to subscribe to Vcast Video to get the Video part of it. However next year EVERYONE will need to subscribe to Vcast video to get it.
    09-13-10 04:07 PM
    Yes I noticed that in my list too. What I was told by Verizon was that IF you downloaded and were using the NFL app prior to 7/22, then it's free for you for THIS season, but if not then you need to subscribe to Vcast Video to get the Video part of it. However next year EVERYONE will need to subscribe to Vcast video to get it.
    Well that's some good info, thanks.

I am pretty stoked to have it this year...but the video quality is not consistent enough for me to pay for it next year...but I will enjoy this season.

I was watching redzone during the early games....and I thought it was so cool that I am going to go ahead and order it from the cable company. **** it's actually cheaper...four payments of $6 gets me the whole season in 50 inch HD or I can pay like $10 a month for 4 months (if I remember to cancel it on time) and watch inconsistent video on my tiny screen while hammering my battery life. I'll likely be in front of the TV anyway...but it is nice to be able to tune in to the entire Sunday Night games...would be cool if it had MNF too.
    09-13-10 04:25 PM
    That's totally different from what I was told by two different reps on the from from VZW. I have a Bold 9650 and get all the vids and game live and it streams smoothly. It was perfect last night during the game. I called twice to check and I was told as long as I have unlimited data plan for BB which I do...the cost is FREE. They both said If i was going to be charged for anything, there would be a screen where I would have to agree to a payment or a subscription screen. Since I did not see anything like that, I assumed I was not being charged.

But like someone else said, I will not pay to order it next season either as I already have DirecTV and have the NFL to GO app and can get all the afternoon games and Redzone channel mix so that's way more than I need when my buttinski is planted in front of the TV anyway...lol
    09-13-10 04:46 PM
    Jaydee, good to see you are not stuck in the native apps forum answering questions about BBM icons. I also appreciate your news about the nfl app being free if you have unlimited data. Good to know. Thanks.
    09-13-10 05:10 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD