I have the 9930 on Sprint, and i am trying to use the NFC feature... I have a business card right in front of me, with a tag on it... I'm tapping my phone against the card, and nothing happens at all... The NFC option is turned on... Is there an additional app that i need to use this feature??? (Google Goggles, NeoReader)???
    08-27-11 09:51 AM
    I did the same and didn't work
    08-27-11 10:07 AM
    Have you called tech support on this? I'd love to hear what they have to say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 10:09 AM
    I have the 9930 on Sprint, and i am trying to use the NFC feature... I have a business card right in front of me, with a tag on it... I'm tapping my phone against the card, and nothing happens at all... The NFC option is turned on... Is there an additional app that i need to use this feature??? (Google Goggles, NeoReader)???
    NFC isn't an app. You can search the forums on the numerous threads to get some more information.

@decypher44 - I would guess they would not say much.
    08-27-11 10:30 AM
    Wow.... it won't work.... one of the exciting reasons why I like this phone because Royal Bank of Canada tech support told me NFC credit card will be supported soon. But if this is not working, WOW.
    08-27-11 10:44 AM
    Rotflmfao...
    08-27-11 10:55 AM
    I could be wrong... (probably am) but from what I have read about NFC; is on the phones it is built in, the NFC technology, but you will need the programs to interpret the NFC data, which to my knowledge hasn't been released yet for the new Blackberries.
    08-27-11 11:25 AM
    Nevermind, Everyone, i figured it out... It turns out that in the crackberry Video, they were scanning an actual NFC Tag (2 arrows, one going up, one down) when i looked closer, and i was trying to scan a REGULAR bar code (similar to a BBM PIN code)... My mistake... thought something was wrong... smh... Thanks to everyone for your help... i'll be deleting this thread...
    08-27-11 11:58 AM
    Wow.... it won't work.... one of the exciting reasons why I like this phone because Royal Bank of Canada tech support told me NFC credit card will be supported soon. But if this is not working, WOW.
    Key word SOON. Is that Blackberry soon or normal Soon.
    08-27-11 11:59 AM
    lol, scanning a regular tag and complaining about lack of NFC.
    09-02-11 01:19 PM
    Nevermind, Everyone, i figured it out... It turns out that in the crackberry Video, they were scanning an actual NFC Tag (2 arrows, one going up, one down) when i looked closer, and i was trying to scan a REGULAR bar code (similar to a BBM PIN code)... My mistake... thought something was wrong... smh... Thanks to everyone for your help... i'll be deleting this thread...
    I'm having the same problem. What do you mean by actual NFC tag and a regular barcode tag? I tried numerous tags on posters etc, but it doesn't work. Hope someone can help.
    09-02-11 04:26 PM
    There are many types of tags in the market (NFC Forum type 1, 2, 3 and 4, Mifare Ultralight, Mifare Classic, Mifare desfire, Felica, ....)

Now, I am not sure what type of tags BBs are supporting, but I think there is no NFC device that supports all types of tags.

Reading a tag is different than emulating it. BBs can do both.
    09-02-11 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD