I know the Playbook will eventually run android apps coming forward but what about the Torch? I haven't found enough info if not any whatsoever on capabilities to run on current BBs. Future BBs running QNX is almost guaranteed, but will they leave out current models? If there is a possibility, would it run on OS 6.1?
    05-13-11 07:07 PM
    No. The torch's os would need to support QNX (I think that's what itks called) I doubt the torch has the hardware to do so.. The torch 2 however just might...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 07:09 PM
    Knowing RIM, what the Torch can do right now is all it'll ever be able to do so don't count on it.
    05-13-11 07:59 PM
    And I'm happy with that

I can live without angry birds...

05-13-11 08:01 PM
    Me too. I have my iTouch for that, and personally I had had enough of that game after a few hours. My Torch is perfect how it is now.
    05-13-11 08:18 PM
    I used to have an itouch but was pretty annoying carrying 2 devices around. Android apps are quite amazing and the Torch and Bold 9780 should have it.

05-14-11 08:46 PM
    Simple answer, never going to happen on the current model, or possibly the torch 2.

We already know QNX requires a dual core processor and the "app player"(think that's what they called it) requires QNX. So until we see handhelds with QNX, its never going to happen.
    05-15-11 07:57 AM
    They just need to hurry up and get the QNX devices out. I keep trying Android devices but the user interface and battery life has me going back to the blackberry all the time. I love the Android Apps but do they overpower the features of the Blackeberry?
    05-16-11 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD