BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1111 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1111
    Consisting of:

Applications: 5.0.0.656

Software Platform: 5.1.0.153

File name: 9700M_PBr5.0.0_rel1111_PL5.1.0.153_A5.0.0.656_AVEA .exe

File size: 132.71MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 9700:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

For anyone having trouble installing, there's plenty of pointers here:

Since this seems to come up constantly:
    The new way, and way the device was intended to be used, is well described here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 05-21-10 at 09:24 AM.
    05-17-10 11:34 AM
    Is this the same as the turkcell one?

05-17-10 10:37 PM
    I*noticed*the*turkcell*one*is*140something*in*size .*And*this*one*is*132.*Reason--*languages??

05-17-10 10:41 PM
    just installed, will report back with findings.
    05-17-10 11:10 PM
    Great. Thank you

05-17-10 11:11 PM
    Install went smoothly.

Have problems with extra icons such as "mobile network", "bluetooth", "custom dictionary" and an extra "browser" icon.
    05-18-10 12:44 AM
    Install went smoothly.

Have problems with extra icons such as "mobile network", "bluetooth", "custom dictionary" and an extra "browser" icon.
    Most of those sound like simply carrier pushed launchers to apps. I simply put the icons in a folder I create called "Hidden", then hide the folder. At last count I had almost 30 in there.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-18-10 06:04 AM
    i have installed this os as it was reported in the turkcell thread... i used this since it was off of bb's site instead of a carriers site.

so far so good will comment in a few days about battery life & misc.
    05-18-10 08:07 AM
    Help!

I tried to upgrade to this but there was some kind of fatal error stopped it installing correctly. When the BB started up again it had nothing on it and all data was wiped.

Of course, I had made a back-up, so I thought that it would not be a problem. However, when I restored the data from the back-up, all the applications were gone...Mailminder, Google, Wunder Radio, Opera, Quicklaunch...did I do something wrong with the restore? I can reinstall the apps, but all the info is lost, such as Mailminder rules etc....

Any help much appreciated. All previous OS upgrades had gone without a hitch...

(I note that I do indeed have this latest .656 OS installed now, it seems to have been at the restore stage that it went wrong)
    Last edited by gentleman2; 05-18-10 at 10:28 AM. Reason: (Additional info)
    05-18-10 10:24 AM
    Help!

I tried to upgrade to this but there was some kind of fatal error stopped it installing correctly. When the BB started up again it had nothing on it and all data was wiped.

Of course, I had made a back-up, so I thought that it would not be a problem. However, when I restored the data from the back-up, all the applications were gone...Mailminder, Google, Wunder Radio, Opera, Quicklaunch...did I do something wrong with the restore? I can reinstall the apps, but all the info is lost, such as Mailminder rules etc....

Any help much appreciated. All previous OS upgrades had gone without a hitch...

(I note that I do indeed have this latest .656 OS installed now, it seems to have been at the restore stage that it went wrong)
    Your 3rd party apps back up separately from your settings and personal data. I've a link in the upgrade guide I linked to that shows you how. The settings for your apps are part of the normal back up, and should restore when you install each one again. That is usually they will.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Drive a PwnCakes Hybrid. It'll keep your Onyx purring.

05-18-10 11:35 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but I have reinstalled the apps and there is nothing. The main one that bothers me in Mailminder, as that gets rid of a whole bunch of incling emails that I do not want in the inbox, and which has rules which I have accumulated over months.

Redoing Quicklaunch bothers me less as that happens every time I upgrade the OS anyway...
    05-18-10 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but I have reinstalled the apps and there is nothing. The main one that bothers me in Mailminder, as that gets rid of a whole bunch of incling emails that I do not want in the inbox, and which has rules which I have accumulated over months.

Redoing Quicklaunch bothers me less as that happens every time I upgrade the OS anyway...
    Check your back up options, and make sure it's all checked off. If you had the back up checked on your upgrade, you can use the autobackup it saved and it would have those settings in it.

05-18-10 11:55 AM
    Install went smoothly.

I installed .656 last night and had the same problem. I had all the same extra icons. Doing a battery pull to seemed to have fixed this problem however, and all these icons are back in their respective folders.

05-18-10 12:06 PM
    Many thanks, I now have all my Mailminder rules back.

It's been a bit annoying having to reinstall all the apps again (trying to remember all the ones I had..) but at least the data is there.

Thanks again.
    05-18-10 12:14 PM
    if i cant install it to my cpmp is there a way around that to still upgrade ?
    05-18-10 07:20 PM
    if i cant install it to my cpmp is there a way around that to still upgrade ?
    Only if your carrier has this version offered. Why can't you install it?

05-18-10 07:54 PM
    Why is this in the 3rd party apps now?
    05-19-10 09:04 AM
    Sheesh Phil! No wonder it's being ignored. I didn't even notice

05-19-10 09:04 AM
    it was stickied in 9700 before now wherever it is now.

K running 656 for 2-3 days battery life is good similar to 593...

flash free mem is obscene!!! i got 138 free wiht 593 i had 117 free.

it is fast even with transitional themes.
    05-19-10 11:05 AM
    ...and we're back where we belong
    05-19-10 11:33 AM

Let's hope it stays here. Well till the next release.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*
    Drive a PwnCakes Hybrid. It'll keep your Onyx purring.

05-19-10 02:13 PM
    Thanks, installing it right now, upgrading from AT&T blessed .405
    05-19-10 03:05 PM
    Upgrade went smooth but the free memory went down by about 8mb, any ideas why?
    05-19-10 04:10 PM
    Weird. Free memory went up by 6mb for me. Was really pleased.
    05-19-10 04:36 PM
    Weird. Free memory went up by 6mb for me. Was really pleased.
    I wonder what I did wrong, everything went so smooth I was happy.

PS: Did a couple of bp and no increase in memory.
    So far it appears to be faster, alt+del doesn't wipe off the whole thing in a messaging application (like that very much) and of course the mute button and lock button function as they should.

So far it is a keeper, now only if I could regain the missing memory - any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks much

Last edited by charlyee; 05-19-10 at 06:45 PM.
    05-19-10 04:56 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD