I just upgraded my Curve 8330 so that I could get Docs To Go. Well, the upgrade went fine and I have an app for docs to go. Question is, how do I get it to work? I can get an attached Word doc emailed to me, but I can't edit or modify it. I'm not even given the option to do so. Do I need to go to dataviz to buy the software now that my bb is able to download it? I'm trying to figure this out for my boss and I want to make sure I don't screw up his bb.

Thanks in advance.
    10-29-08 12:06 PM
    If you got to the Dataviz website, you'll see what you can and cannot do with the STANDARD package. If you register and update via your BB, you'll be able to pull the MS Excel part of their program. HOWEVER, I believe that in order to edit a document, you'll have to buy their software.
    10-29-08 12:14 PM
    You have to save doc to your phone then open it with DtG.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 04:43 PM
    BTW Nigel - welcome to CB! Good luck with the phone!
    10-29-08 09:12 PM
    You have to run the Documents To Go application on your device. You do need to register the application. It was a free registration when I put the 4.5 beta on my device.

I did just discover that I could attach a Word document, that I created on my device with D2G, to an email. So, I expect that it is possible to do the reverse. Save the email attachment, and then open it in D2G.

I've done some major typing in it and it works pretty well.
    10-29-08 09:36 PM
    you just gotta save the doc attachment instead of using the open function, once u do that go to it on the word one then edit
    no see track changes and other stuff theres a list on the site
    10-29-08 10:33 PM
    Thanks for the replies, folks. Problem is, I don't have the option of saving the attachment. And I also can't create any Word documents from my BB.

I emailed a Word Doc to my BB as an attachment to an email. When I clicked on the attachment, I don't have the option to save the attachment.

When I click on Docs To Go, there are a number of folders available, but again, I don't see the option of creating a Word document.

Any thoughts? Thanks again in advance.
    10-30-08 01:54 PM
    Thanks for the replies, folks. Problem is, I don't have the option of saving the attachment. And I also can't create any Word documents from my BB.

I emailed a Word Doc to my BB as an attachment to an email. When I clicked on the attachment, I don't have the option to save the attachment.

When I click on Docs To Go, there are a number of folders available, but again, I don't see the option of creating a Word document.

Any thoughts? Thanks again in advance.
    You need to REGISTER your copy of Documents To Go. Once you do that then you'll have the ability to create and edit.
    10-30-08 02:07 PM
    Highlight the Word document attachment, press Menu and select Download Attachment. Save it to the media card.

WordToGo will now open the document. You can edit and resave it as needed.

You can the attach it and send it on if required.
    10-30-08 02:40 PM
    Highlight the Word document attachment, press Menu and select Download Attachment. Save it to the media card.

WordToGo will now open the document. You can edit and resave it as needed.

You can the attach it and send it on if required.
    Can you edit with the unpaid for version tha come with OS 4.5? I have the $69 Premium version and that edits just fine.
    10-30-08 02:44 PM
    Can you edit with the unpaid for version tha come with OS 4.5? I have the $69 Premium version and that edits just fine.
    Yes. I have the sample version and it works just fine. You just have to ignore the sign up for premium version nagging.

The sample does not create a new file. I keep a blank document on hand for that job.
    10-30-08 02:48 PM
    Fisk, I did register the Docs to Go. When I highlight the attached word document, I'm not given the option to download it. I only have the option of opening it.

I do not have a media card...is that the problem?
    10-30-08 02:54 PM
    Fisk, I did register the Docs to Go. When I highlight the attached word document, I'm not given the option to download it. I only have the option of opening it.

Yes. The media card in needed to use download.

If your needs are modest, the 1 Gb media cards are very inexpensive and will hold a 1,000 Mb of data files.

The media card will also free up a lot of reserved memory on your BlackBerry for even better performance.

Strongly reccomended.
    10-30-08 02:58 PM

Yes. The media card in needed to use download.

If your needs are modest, the 1 Gb media cards are very inexpensive and will hold a 1,000 Mb of data files.

The media card will also free up a lot of reserved memory on your BlackBerry for even better performance.

Strongly reccomended.
    10-30-08 02:58 PM
    Very good. Thanks guys. I will purchase a media card to make sure everything is good to go. I appreciate the quick feedback and help. This site is great.
    10-30-08 03:08 PM

I had this problem. After I registered I resent my service books and then I had the option to download the documents.
    10-30-08 04:53 PM
    I updated to the new sprint OS and I don't seemed to be able to edit the documents or to save them to my phone and be able to open them again. I save the attachment, download to media card (this gives me a warning that I'm saving something can't be opened on my phone), then when I explore the media card later I can't open it (Hence the warning obviously).

Is there something I need to do here to make it work? I didn't actually purchase the program I thought that it was supposed to work when I updated.
    02-11-09 12:52 PM
    does the excel editor/viewer come with the free docs 2 go? i recently updated my OS and got the docs to go but i only have word and powerpoint.
    02-11-09 01:30 PM
    does the excel editor/viewer come with the free docs 2 go? i recently updated my OS and got the docs to go but i only have word and powerpoint.

big.daddy....have you opened either of the 2 & registered docs yet?
    I did that yesterday & if I remember right after doing the register it allowed me to upgrade which got me the excel.
    02-11-09 01:53 PM
    i tried to update but it continuously fails.
    02-11-09 09:10 PM
    IDK if anyone has mentioned this, but if you save a Blank Formof each program to your Memory Card, you can use that to create new documents, so on and so forth. Just a little tip I found a few minutes ago :-)
    02-12-09 02:04 PM
    Yes. I have the sample version and it works just fine. You just have to ignore the sign up for premium version nagging.

The sample does not create a new file. I keep a blank document on hand for that job.
    Didn't see you post that there, I don't want to steal anyone's credit
    02-12-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD