Maybe I overlooked a thread, but I couldn't find an answer to this:

I'm about to update my OS for the first time (now running.162.) and I'm sort of nervous about it.
    Am I gonna have to reinstall my apps after this update?
    And if so: Will the Desktop Manager Backup function restore all my installed apps and settings?
    06-29-09 04:46 AM
    I have upgraded my OS 3 or 4 times. Everytime the 3rd party apps were reinstalled with no issues.
    06-29-09 04:56 AM
    Thought this might help you with that...

You can find .282 (the OS that a lot of us recommend) HERE. You can also view the other available OSes for the Bold HERE.

Follow these two guides:

Proper OS Upgrade & Downgrade Procedures

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

You will need CrackMem, which you can get HERE. The instructions for CrackMem can be found HERE.

If you do decide to upgrade the Operating System of your Bold be sure to take your time and follow the instructions carefully.

Chris
    06-29-09 05:11 AM
    Thought this might help you with that...

You can find .282 (the OS that a lot of us recommend) HERE. You can also view the other available OSes for the Bold HERE.

Follow these two guides:

Proper OS Upgrade & Downgrade Procedures

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

You will need CrackMem, which you can get HERE. The instructions for CrackMem can be found HERE.

If you do decide to upgrade the Operating System of your Bold be sure to take your time and follow the instructions carefully.

Chris
    Perfect, thanks for those links!
    06-29-09 05:17 AM
    Perfect, thanks for those links!
    Not a problem. You'll be fine if you follow the instructions.

Chris
    06-29-09 05:35 AM
    Even if the apps re-load, you may have to register them the first time you call them up. Not a problem, but be prepared for that so you're not frustrated.
    06-29-09 08:51 AM
    Even if the apps re-load, you may have to register them the first time you call them up. Not a problem, but be prepared for that so you're not frustrated.
    Good to know, that. Hope I've still got those activation codes in my mailbox somewhere...
    06-29-09 11:22 AM
    Maybe I overlooked a thread, but I couldn't find an answer to this:

I'm about to update my OS for the first time (now running.162.) and I'm sort of nervous about it.
    Am I gonna have to reinstall my apps after this update?
    And if so: Will the Desktop Manager Backup function restore all my installed apps and settings?
    I just did my first update yesterday. Like you i went from 162 to 266. It was easy and fast. Everything worked fine after. Only thing was some 3rd party apps needed me to re register. The process took a total of 30 min for me.
    You'll be fine
    06-29-09 02:14 PM
    I just did my first update yesterday. Like you i went from 162 to 266. It was easy and fast. Everything worked fine after. Only thing was some 3rd party apps needed me to re register. The process took a total of 30 min for me.
    You'll be fine
    Good to hear! I'll give it a go tonight
    06-30-09 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD