I had a curve for around a week and got some free apps I liked which BB app world says are not compatible with the Bold. I never backed them up or used the desktop manager so they are sitting on my Curve. I really don't want to go through activating/deactivating the Curve again to get these apps back to try them on the Bold and see if they actually are compatible. Generally do these apps eventually become available after a new phone is released ? If so how long does it take?
    06-05-10 04:27 PM
    You shouldn't have to reactivte the curve. Plugging it into desktop manager and using the device switch wizard might work. However the curve has a different screen resolution so the apps may not work right. You may have to look for alternates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 09:26 PM
    Back up the cod's from the Curve to a folder with bbsak and then install the cod's onto the Bold. But as sky said, with the different resolutions, the old apps may not work with the Bold.
    06-05-10 10:07 PM
    Thanks for the ideas.....but does anyone know generally how long it takes these companies to catch up with their apps on newly released phones?
    06-06-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD