Good morning my fellow crackberries. I have questions regarding these 2 apps. I d/l'd them to my Verizon 8330 curve. After waiting a day for accuweather to show up on my screen and then another couple of days to try it I decided I don't like it. It seems to be more like a bookmark-except it randomly will show up as an icon and shows the weather..but it doesn't scroll so you can't read the whole "note" instead you have to open the browser. It also showed the day before's rather than current. OK question is I can't find it to remove it. Not in downloads,not in. application list, not in bookmarks..what am I missing? When the icon is visible I click menu and delete but it comes back hours later. I want to get rid of it...where is it hiding???
    Then here is a similar question..I d/l'd quick pull and I even scheduled it for a daily pull.. But there is no icon and it is listed in apps list but I can't access it to try doing a pull by request...my first scheduled pull hasn't occured yet.So how do I access it?
    I have clicked on show all icons..I do have some hidden so I checked to see if these apps had hidden icons- nope!! So here I am asking you for help. Its been over a week since my last plea..I am almost not a newb anymore..lol.
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by mommading; 09-30-09 at 05:17 AM.
    09-30-09 05:14 AM
    U G H !!!! Accuweather is baaaack and I can't figure out how to kill it...and tonite will be my first scheduled quick pull but I still can't access it to try one on demand OR to change the schedule. I really am loving this BB and the new world I have entered but this is driving me cRaZeEe.....

Thanks for listening..pls feel free to share your suggestions..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 09:25 PM
    when you say you cant find it in applications, are you referring to the app icon or through advanced options?
    09-30-09 09:40 PM
    Hi!! The icon for accuweather appears only when it feels like it, and then you can find it in the bookmarks under"channels". If I stop it or delete channel the icon is gone but it comes back within 24 hours.when its "dormant"I can't find it even as a hidden icon and not in advanced options.

With quickpull there is no icon hidden or visible. It is in advanced options but I can't seem to open it from there to change options or sched. It just takes me to general options if I "menu" it.I had it set for a pull @ 3:15 am and I was not awake to confirm or see what happens.
    10-01-09 05:11 AM
    H. E. L. P. I still have this issue with accuweather. I would appreciate any advice. How do I remove it?

Thank you for your help...

10-06-09 07:03 PM
    Howdy!! I know there wasn't much interest in my question, but I found the answer by accident this morning and I thought I would share in case someone searches in the future!!! Accuweather kept coming back..deleting the channel from browser channels only helped for 12-24 hours. Today I opened the app and was reading the weather forecasts..on the bottom were 3 choices..one was cancel. When I clicked it asked me if I wanted to unsubscribe.I almost kissed my BB. So its gone. Thanks for reading..lol.

10-14-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD