This made me laugh. I read some time ago that this app was coming from soem company called Magmic. So, I happened to think of it yesterday and went to their site and downloaded the program. It came with a couple of puzzles (you have to subscribe after that).

I played with the controls, entered one answer as a test, etc, etc....

Closed the program to take a call.

Opened it again and it told me I had exceeded my trial period and needed to buy.

Apparently trial period = 2 minutes.

Deleted program.
    01-16-09 11:44 AM
    New York Slime
    01-16-09 01:39 PM
    I am an engineer and I design aircraft engine parts. (some of them are, apparently, at the bottom of the Hudson at the moment). There are several 3-D solid model programs out there used for stress analysis, finite element, etc, etc..

Some of these are 30-40K per seat.

If you want to try them, you can for a week or so.

But god forbid, some PDA game company misses out on 3 dollars.
    01-17-09 09:02 AM
    Way in the past I sold software - A LOT OF IT - that my company developed. Initially, the impulse was to grab as much money as possible IN CASE people won't buy. That got me lots of grief, not much sales, and less goodwill in the niche of the market where I operated.

About face: Test it to your heart's delight - but you get a program that can do limited amount of work - FULL FEATURES though.

Now we are talking! People like to touch and see and play - but three days? Forget it, that is dumber than dumb. Limiting to a one or two runs is even worse. I would delete app and not only never try it again, but I'll be happy to tell everyone how that company stinks!

Two-bit thinking comes from two-bit brains, and leave these enterprises as two-bit players in the market.

Chagri Lama
    02-02-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD