I have recently been having problems getting the temp to update on the homescreen for my Storm, it seemed to update fine when in landscape mode but in portrait it wouldnt update properly. So I decided to send an error report to them yesterday and this morning when I awoke I had an email from Weatherbug with a link to a new Weatherbug App. Here is what the email said;

"Dear Weatherbug friend,

Here is the download for our free Storm App, this is still a new app that is being tested-it may have some bugs, we will continue to update it and when you are prompted for an update, run it and you will get our updated version and fixes.

Please use the Blackberry Internet Browser:

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad

Sincerely,
    The Weatherbug Support Team"

I downloaded it and it seems to work fine thus far. It gets your location via GPS, which is cool and it has a nice new look compared to Weatherbug Direct which is what I have been using.
    04-27-09 01:11 PM
    Are you sure this is a new version... what does it say in the about screen. Looking at the JAD file it is saying 1.0.0.10. I've used 1.0.0.13 and 1.0.0.106 since 1.0.0.10.
    04-27-09 02:09 PM
    Where did you get updated weatherbug links I am still on 1.0.0.10
    04-27-09 02:30 PM
    Ok I have done some research and it appears that you are correct about a version .106. You can find it at Blackberry App World. Weird how they sent me a link to an older version when a newer one exists.

I just downloaded the new updated version from BB App World which said it was version .106 but version .13 was instead installed, weird.
    Last edited by cenloe; 04-27-09 at 03:05 PM.
    04-27-09 02:57 PM
    In WeatherBug about screen it shows .13 and when you go to options-> advanced options -> applications it shows .106. Not sure what is going on with this.
    04-28-09 08:57 AM
    I have this same problem. Landscape displays current temp. Portrait displays the temp from maybe 12 hours ago. Very odd.

My version is WeatherBug Direct 0.9.6.6
    05-06-09 07:44 AM
    I have this same problem. Landscape displays current temp. Portrait displays the temp from maybe 12 hours ago. Very odd.

My version is WeatherBug Direct 0.9.6.6
    Use the storm version of WB instead of WB direct. There is a problem with WB direct that cause it to not be able to pull the correct information at times with the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD