Just downloaded it from the App Store(v 1.0.0.13), seems its quicker to navigate but my homescreen icon doesn't seem to update anymore. (I checked my settings and it is selected)

Anyone else having this issue? On the upside maybe its just me but watching my memory all morning it doesnt seem to be leaking like the older versions.

Thoughts on this new WB?
    04-01-09 01:30 PM
    Besides it being quicker what else have you noticed? Im not sure if i should upgrade to the new one?
    04-01-09 02:33 PM
    BBWeather, dont waste your time with the memory hog. It will slow your phone to a crawl.
    04-01-09 02:52 PM
    Besides it being quicker what else have you noticed? Im not sure if i should upgrade to the new one?
    Well now the updater seems to be working just fine so no worries there. Other than the interface just seeming smoother I don't see any huge changes.

Again it could be just me, but I think the memory leak has been significantly reduced. I'm still on .75 and after reboot my phones memory was at 39 and right now (4 hours later) its sitting at 36.

Can anyone else verify this?
    04-01-09 06:06 PM
    In regards to BBWeather...I have not located a solid source to DL for my particular phone. I have an 8830 VZW running on 4.5 OS...

Any suggestions, I've already tried, bbweather.en.s
    oftonic.com/
    blackberry....and my phone does not recognize...
    04-01-09 06:11 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out why some Storm users are getting a different versions of Weatherbug from the App Store (I refuse to call it App World, by the way).

I downloaded it first thing last night when the store went live, and received v1.0.0.0, but see some users, like the OP here, with slightly higher revisions. When I go back to the store to look at Weatherbug, it still says v1.0.0.0 and gives me a Run button instead of a Download button.

I suppose I could delete WB and the re-download from the store, but was curious first if anyone had an explanation for the discrepancies in revision numbers.
    04-01-09 06:23 PM
    I don't see 1.0.0.13, mine only comes up with 1.0.0.0 unless its not for the storm...? dunno
    04-01-09 06:25 PM
    I downloaded directly from the Weatherbug site and am operating version 1.0.0.10. Gonna check out the App World site to see what I get from there. Will report back in a few...

**Update** App World has 1.0.0.0
    Last edited by Blue Storm; 04-01-09 at 07:04 PM. Reason: update
    04-01-09 07:00 PM
    When I downloaded it said 1.0.0.0 in App World. However, when you go to "About" in WB itself it reads 1.0.0.13
    04-01-09 07:22 PM
    In regards to BBWeather...I have not located a solid source to DL for my particular phone. I have an 8830 VZW running on 4.5 OS...

Any suggestions, I've already tried, bbweather.en.s
    oftonic.com/
    blackberry....and my phone does not recognize...
    http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.net/OverTheAir/

I have a storm and don't know how to get this to work. It told me no profile so once I figured out how to add a location I'd I got am error connectong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 07:29 PM
    mines a ten.
    04-01-09 08:34 PM
    http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.net/OverTheAir/

I have a storm and don't know how to get this to work. It told me no profile so once I figured out how to add a location I'd I got am error connectong

Battery pull, or make sure GPS is enabled and NOT just set to e911. If you have it auto update by gps location it will kill your phone battery, AND your app memory.
    04-01-09 08:39 PM
    this new WB is snappier. instead of videos only we have pictures also and when you hit bb button u have 7 boxes to choose from im on version 1.0.0.13 got from app world this morning. also it list last updated. as for battery or memory leak i have no problem ive got it set at 30 min. intervals. THIS THE BEST WEATHER APP FOR THE STORM PERIOD. oh its free also
    04-01-09 08:53 PM
    how is that different than version 1.0.0.10?
    04-01-09 09:17 PM
    Tried this again with the latest version, it still stinks. Slows the phone down like crazy.
    04-01-09 09:25 PM
    I am trying WeatherBerry, and I like it alot better than WB. I like the toggling between 24hour, to 7 day, to hourly forecasts, etc. It doesnt have radar, but I dont need that. The only negative is the cost of $10. For free WB is awesome, but I think WeatherBerry might be the best weather app out there, IMHO
    04-01-09 10:23 PM
    I just downloaded 1.0.0.13 from App World too. It says 1.0.0.0 on the page but once I checked the about section it said 1.0.0.13. They must have updated it today on the app store because when they released the app store early this morning the version of WB said 1.0.0.0 on the app world but the about section said 1.0.0.10.

04-01-09 11:11 PM
    I have downloade 1.0.0.10 from the weatherbug's site... but doesn't work if you check for a 6 days previsions...it try to load but nothing apper.. it works only the main screenshoots... why

how is possible 1.0.0.13?????????
    04-02-09 05:18 AM
    I downloaded directly from the Weatherbug site and am operating version 1.0.0.10. Gonna check out the App World site to see what I get from there. Will report back in a few...

**Update** App World has 1.0.0.0
    I JUST tried this about an hour ago.

If I download from the App Store I get 1.0.0.0 AND I do NOT get radar options on the map.

If I download from the Waetherbug site, I get 1.0.0.10 AND I DO get radar options.

So far I LOVE the 1.0.0.10 version (I need radar)
    04-02-09 06:12 AM
    How did you all download this app? I don't get the download button through the app store.

04-02-09 06:16 AM
    How did you all download this app? I don't get the download button through the app store.

Here is a quote from another thread:

Weather for Blackberry Storm - WeatherBug.com

That is the OTA download....

Or here is the direct link also OTA

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad
    I used this (above)

If I use App World, I get version 1.0.0.0 with no radar options.

The link above is version 1.0.0.10 and it DOES have radar options.

Good Luck!
    04-02-09 06:25 AM
    Here is a quote from another thread:

I used this (above)

If I use App World, I get version 1.0.0.0 with no radar options.

The link above is version 1.0.0.10 and it DOES have radar options.

Good Luck!
    I had 1.0.0.10 loaded already from the WB site directly. I then used the App World today after reading the OP's post to load what is shown to be 1.0.0.0, but is actually version 1.0.0.13.

I checked to see if the RADAR option is available in this new version and it is. It seems to work correctly too. One thing, it is required to reboot your Storm after install. Perhaps you didn't and that is causing your RADAR options to be missing.

So far, I can't tell the difference between 1.0.0.10 and 1.0.0.13.
    04-02-09 09:32 AM
    Where is the Radar option. Are you talking about the 3rd ICON from the left.

If so all I get is the same map I had on the previous version.

(NEVER MIND)
    04-02-09 09:57 AM
    08-28-12 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD