Having a girlfriend in Canada means I normally have extortionate phone bills anyway, but now she's in New Zealand for an exchange it's even worse, so I've been looking for various VoIP in an attempt to lower phonebills and take advantage of my 8900's WiFi capability, however looking at Skype didn't work out at all because it only allowed messages to other Skype contacts unless you buy Skype credit.

So was wondering if anyone out there had found any useful VoIP applications?

I found this link earlier about JAJAH but can't seem to find any application - maybe not released yet? - JAJAH Unveils VoIP Solutions for Windows Mobile, BlackBerry and Symbian - MSNBC Wire Services - msnbc.com
    02-24-09 06:15 AM
    T-Mobile UMA unlimited calls acts as VoIP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:10 AM
    You can try IM+ for Skype. This is not a VoIP application and does not require WIFI.
    You will not call for free, BUT: IM+ for Skype is based on SkypeOut service that allows users to make and receive calls for a low fee.

Trial is 7 days free, try it to see if it is suitable for you.

More info here.
    02-25-09 02:18 AM
    Talkster free international calling. Enter your number and her number in new zealand. You'll both get call in numbers. You both will be making local calls in both places. No app needed no time limit on calls. No bs. This is google's thing. Works in 30 countries.

02-25-09 02:46 AM
    Talkster free international calling. Enter your number and her number in new zealand. You'll both get call in numbers. You both will be making local calls in both places. No app needed no time limit on calls. No bs. This is google's thing. Works in 30 countries.

Looks brilliant but doesn't call New Zealand! Haha. Thanks a lot for the effort though! Shall just keep looking!
    02-25-09 05:46 AM
    Found the same thing, but to New Zealand, but thanks for putting me on the right track.

Website I found is Cheap international mobile calls - Rebtel provider - Rebtel
    02-25-09 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD