tsman-

I did go to that page initially, and did "new user" even though it was reinstalling...my last account had an incorrect primary email. So I got a new userid, and verified my email was correct. I did reboot after that though, and still can't get a verification email.

But I'm not sure I need one, it appears to be working fine?

edit: Kept messing around, eventually got the email. Not sure what I did, maybe it just took a long time for it to get to me.
    Last edited by Jetson; 02-19-09 at 02:43 PM.
    02-19-09 02:31 PM
    I've had the new version also for about 1.5 weeks, but it's still labeled as beta on my phone - is that the same for everyone else?
    Yes. I'm sure they are still a few versions away from being out of beta. At least until after they release one with podcasts. --> Can't wait for that
    02-19-09 04:11 PM
    It is very noticable for me, but that bug i describe just bothers me so i went back to the older version. Still good just not as snappy.
    I went back to the Crackberry addition also. The Crackberry BLOGS on the Viigo program dont seem to upgrade for some reason. They upgrade on the crackberry version those in there little section then have. Works good though. I still consider Viigo the best ap to have.
    02-19-09 05:29 PM
    i have downloaded several different times (after deleting the provious download) and i can't find the icon. the program is in the apps file, but the icon is not in the apps folder or on the main screen(s).
    02-19-09 05:40 PM
    i have the viigo version and it works exactly like the crackberry version.

i use the viigo version cause it usually gets updated first.

the thing i hate about viigo, is that it completely freezes my phone while its updating, and updating takes awhile too. have you ever tried to use another app when viigo is updating when you first load it? the phone slows to a crawl.

also, if you get a call when its updating sometimes the phone gets all locked up.

does this new version improve any of that?
    02-19-09 05:42 PM
    I installed the Viigo and I don't really like it. The news items are too clustered and too many repeated items (same news with either different headers or same news with the same headers). Then when you open the news item, the content is just too brief....just one little paragraph.

When I was using my WinMo devices, I set up a web page on my personal web site that contains all the hyperlinks to many of the mobile sites. I set it as my default web page for the browser. I can read all the news from Reuters, BusinessWeek, Wall Street Journal, FoxNews, ESPN, FoxSport, AccuWeather, and I can access web sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, EVite, my bank, and countless other web sites. It works so much better than Viigo and has zero footprint on my device.

Therefore, I am planning to uninstall this Viigo to free up some app memories. This application has no added value to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 06:04 PM
    I installed the Viigo and I don't really like it. The news items are too clustered and too many repeated items (same news with either different headers or same news with the same headers). Then when you open the news item, the content is just too brief....just one little paragraph.

When I was using my WinMo devices, I set up a web page on my personal web site that contains all the hyperlinks to many of the mobile sites. I set it as my default web page for the browser. I can read all the news from Reuters, BusinessWeek, Wall Street Journal, FoxNews, ESPN, FoxSport, AccuWeather, and I can access web sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, EVite, my bank, and countless other web sites. It works so much better than Viigo and has zero footprint on my device.

Therefore, I am planning to uninstall this Viigo to free up some app memories. This application has no added value to me.

I can agree with wanting to free up some memory... but Viigo is such a great app, if setup to just give you the feeds you want, really doesn't hog too much memory.

**hint - bb button> full article will give you the whole thing. Or - bb button> open in browser.
    02-19-09 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the news. Just updated new version-do not see too much new. No audio or podcasts yet
    02-19-09 08:20 PM
    I can agree with wanting to free up some memory... but Viigo is such a great app, if setup to just give you the feeds you want, really doesn't hog too much memory.

**hint - bb button> full article will give you the whole thing. Or - bb button> open in browser.
    I agree that it does not take up a whole lot of app memories. But my main complaint about Viigo are:
    The news items are too clustered and too many repeated items (same news with either different headers or same news with the same headers). Then when you open the news item, the content is just too brief....just one little paragraph.

If they can fix these problem, it will be a much better application.

02-19-09 09:03 PM
    Which version has package tracking? I've had the new version over a week and i can't find it?
    02-19-09 09:08 PM

the thing i hate about viigo, is that it completely freezes my phone while its updating, and updating takes awhile too. have you ever tried to use another app when viigo is updating when you first load it? the phone slows to a crawl.
    Delete the channels/feeds you don't use, this speeds things up considerably! less things to update, less time things are slowed to a crawl.
    02-20-09 07:47 AM
    I agree that it does not take up a whole lot of app memories. But my main complaint about Viigo are:
    The news items are too clustered and too many repeated items (same news with either different headers or same news with the same headers). Then when you open the news item, the content is just too brief....just one little paragraph.

If they can fix these problem, it will be a much better application.

I too found this annoying, and it seems to center mostly in the business feeds. Engadget, Crunchgear, Blackbery Cool, Boy Genius all give good sized articles. For the most part all business feeds suck so I use the AP News App for the Storm for all my news it gives great detail and if you limit the update time and number of articles it is a snappy little app.

So, Viigo I use for all my tech and sports feeds and AP News App for business.
    02-20-09 08:07 AM
    If you click on the T (for text) it will show the whole article
    02-21-09 01:48 AM
    What about memory leak? I had suspected Viigo might have been a culprit and finally uninstalled yesterday - memory still leaks, but nowhere near as much or as fast as before.

02-21-09 07:16 AM
    If you click on the T (for text) it will show the whole article
    Often times that doesn't show the whole article, but rather other useless text (i.e. Digg). I do like Viigo, but I would like Viigo to open the mobile version of links when you click open in browser. And for articles with youtube videos, I would like Viigo to provide a link (or better yet, link it to the youtube app).
    02-21-09 09:14 AM
    is there an OTA link for this new viigo?
    02-22-09 03:04 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD