with wifi enabled (it caused an error in the previous version of Appworld, preventing one from viewing reviews when your wifi was active). Finally!
    06-13-10 02:14 PM
    I think it freed up some memory too while in the process.. I did not delete anything else but installed the upgrade. Before the upgrade I was at 108 in terms of memory... After the install I was at 145.. Anything if it proves to be stable and frees up a little more memory is all for the better of course.. I am going to keep an eye on it for the next few days.. Anyone else notice this as well?
    06-13-10 02:58 PM
    Ok here is an update.. After doing a battery pull, which is something that I normally do not have to do since using Storm 2, but I do it after I install something or delete something, I am sitting at 115 and I was at 108 when using the previous version of app world, so I still gained a little memory, and that by itself keeps me happy
    06-13-10 03:21 PM
    I've noticed how the app for App World it's self hogs a TON of memory...
    06-13-10 04:07 PM
    Ok here is an update.. After doing a battery pull, which is something that I normally do not have to do since using Storm 2, but I do it after I install something or delete something, I am sitting at 115 and I was at 108 when using the previous version of app world, so I still gained a little memory, and that by itself keeps me happy
    If you haven't done a battery pull in a long time, then you will gain some memory when you do one. While the S2's memory is very stable, there is always a small amount of leakage. Deleting and installing an app that is under 1mb will not gain you 7mb of memory.
    06-13-10 06:27 PM
    ===== QUOTE DJM626 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

If you haven't done a battery pull in a long time, then you will gain some memory when you do one. While the S2's memory is very stable, there is always a small amount of leakage. Deleting and installing an app that is under 1mb will not gain you 7mb of memory.
    Exactly. I only have a few third party applications running all the time and usually only lose 1.5MB, and it stays stable. Seems the latest OSes handle java garbage collection MUCH better. I remember the olden days of 4.7 on the 9530...good god. Memory would plummet 7+MB in a matter of minutes for me. I can't imagine how BlackBerry 6 will be for memory use, but I look forward to it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-13-10 07:13 PM
    I can't imagine how BlackBerry 6 will be for memory use, but I look forward to it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    fingers crossed, but major releases usually need an update or two to become stable. (and even then.... )
    06-13-10 07:16 PM
    How do I get 1.1.0.35? I have .33 installed and nothing indicating there is an update.

Thanks.
    06-14-10 04:32 PM
    How do I get 1.1.0.35? I have .33 installed and nothing indicating there is an update.

Thanks.
    you should get a notification at the top of your screen (where the voice mail icon shows up under the time display). IF you don't see the notification, try going to appworld, search, and type in "app world". BE SURE TO INCLUDE A SPACE!
    06-14-10 04:40 PM
    you should get a notification at the top of your screen (where the voice mail icon shows up under the time display). IF you don't see the notification, try going to appworld, search, and type in "app world". BE SURE TO INCLUDE A SPACE!
    Never got the notification, but just checked App World again and now it shows the upgrade.

Thanks.
    06-14-10 04:45 PM
    I haven't noticed anyone mention this, and since the new update didn't fix this, I figured I would add my grievance.

This isn't huge, but when browsing through the app catalog by category, there appears to be an issue when selecting the sort option. After you select a category and actually get a list of apps, at the top right corner there is an option to sort by price, ratings, popularity, etc. Problem is that when you click on this box to change the sort option, the drop down does not show the options.

Does anyone else have this issue? I have had it for a least a couple of upgrades. Sorry if this has already been discussed. Just figured that if I post again maybe someone will notice and tell RIM to get off their bums and fix it. How hard can that be?
    06-14-10 10:44 PM
    I haven't noticed anyone mention this, and since the new update didn't fix this, I figured I would add my grievance.

This isn't huge, but when browsing through the app catalog by category, there appears to be an issue when selecting the sort option. After you select a category and actually get a list of apps, at the top right corner there is an option to sort by price, ratings, popularity, etc. Problem is that when you click on this box to change the sort option, the drop down does not show the options.

Does anyone else have this issue? I have had it for a least a couple of upgrades. Sorry if this has already been discussed. Just figured that if I post again maybe someone will notice and tell RIM to get off their bums and fix it. How hard can that be?
    the sort options work for me, but they aren't displayed until I choose one--all I get is a short vertical blue bar, which I can move to various positions within the pull-down "box". If I move the bar, I get a sort option which is subsequently displayed at the top right.
    06-14-10 11:47 PM
    I've noticed it's been that way since .607 and above, using .517/705 v2 hybrid and it shows normal.

On another note, not sure if anyones noticed yet, but when opening Appworld and the first screen you come to where you can scroll left or right through the 15 or 20 so top apps, previously you had to click the screen to select them, now you can just tap once without physically clicking the screen and it will open it.

It only works with the main page though.
    06-15-10 07:17 AM
    ^^^^^must be an echo in here.
    06-15-10 08:42 AM
    the sort options work for me, but they aren't displayed until I choose one--all I get is a short vertical blue bar, which I can move to various positions within the pull-down "box". If I move the bar, I get a sort option which is subsequently displayed at the top right.
    That is not how it is supposed to work. In earlier builds, the drop down would show icons for the various ways to search. That way you didn't have to blindly select a sort option before seeing how you were sorting the list. I guess you could memorize the order of the search, but I am pretty sure the programmers just haven't fixed it. It works...if you are willing to accept poor software design.
    06-15-10 11:08 PM
    That is not how it is supposed to work. In earlier builds, the drop down would show icons for the various ways to search. That way you didn't have to blindly select a sort option before seeing how you were sorting the list. I guess you could memorize the order of the search, but I am pretty sure the programmers just haven't fixed it. It works...if you are willing to accept poor software design.
    LOL! Of COURSE it's not supposed to work that way. I was simply describing it's current defect.

(When I wrote "works..." I meant that I was ABLE to choose various sort options. NOT that they were EASY to get to!)
    06-16-10 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD