Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By delfteo
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default NEW -- Use less mem and batt with this app. -- Force Close -- free App World.

Here is the app I told "HERE", it works great, you choose the bb menu button to "switch app" then choose a app like msn and push the menu button again and choose the "force close " option.
    The app works like normal but don't use memory anymore.

This app allows you to force close (kill) some programs that never exit otherwise, e.g. BlackBerry Messenger, Messages. Many such programs don't have to run all the time. Closing them (not just pushing them to background) would release precious resources (battery, CPU, memory) on your BlackBerry.

Due to API limitations and security reason, some third-party programs can't be force-closed by this app. However, this app provides a convenient way to delete a stubborn program that doesn't provide an elegant way to exit.

It works great, less memory and batt use.

Free Appworld "Free force close"

If you like this app don`t forget to hit the Thanks or Like button to support my work.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 02-10-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    chilly83 (02-15-2012),  Mrluky (02-10-2012),  TrespassersW (02-10-2012) 
    chilly83 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

The appworld link above takes me to Facebook app!

i think this is the actual link : Free Force Close - Download Force Close - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    8900--> S2 (Not Galaxy S2) --> 9780 ---> 9900 (couldn't resist) --> Galaxy Nexus---> BB Z10 ----> BB Z30
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sounds promising, anyone using this?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by sridharsuresh View Post
    The appworld link above takes me to Facebook app!

i think this is the actual link : Free Force Close - Download Force Close - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Thanks I changed the link.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 02-10-2012 at 07:35 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,811 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by delfteo View Post
    Thanks I changed the link.
    I haven't tried the app but the AppWorld reviews are pretty awful!!!!!
    CrackBerry User

I've read some reviews on the AppWorld reviews and they are pretty awful, like tellsells just said. What do you have to say about that?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by tellsells View Post
    I haven't tried the app but the AppWorld reviews are pretty awful!!!!!
    That's because when people tried something what they don't know they write bad things about it, believe me I installed it and it works great I can now close msn app , bbm , and other apps what always stay in memory.
    You open a app like bbm click the bb menu button and you see a option called "force close" you can close the bbm or msn or other apps.
    Also closed the message icon what always stay when you click "switch application" and can receive my mail like normal.
    I have now only 4 icons when I click switch applications, "browser, phone, home screen, mobile data alerter"
    So less mem and batt use and no leaks.

Updated:

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 02-10-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Global Posts
    10,494 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

If you're knowledgeable enough about BlackBerry to know you want to force close an app, you should also be knowledgeable enough to use the escreen rather than downloading an app to do it (an app, might I add, that's probably always running in the background).
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    If you're knowledgeable enough about BlackBerry to know you want to force close an app, you should also be knowledgeable enough to use the escreen rather than downloading an app to do it (an app, might I add, that's probably always running in the background).
    Offcourse my knowledge is much more, but how many people has the escreen knowledge, and how many people can ENTER the engineering menu, that's way those people made this app.

Enjoy DelftEo

Global Posts
    10,494 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

I don't mean you personally.
    My criticism is of the app, not of you.
    Again, anyone who knows enough to want to force close an app should do it via the escreen, not via this app.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

E screen still rules, download an app for calculating the E screen unlock code and whoa-la, no more battery monitoring apps, memory booster apps and force kill apps. No disrespect but unless the app are less then 10kb, I'm not interested
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

I don't mean you personally.
    My criticism is of the app, not of you.
    Again, anyone who knows enough to want to force close an app should do it via the escreen, not via this app.
    I understand it's not personally, but like your name is " Genius of Geniuses" and my "addict", how many newbies do cb count at the moment, and believe me it's a lot.
    I only made my hybrid and for the rest I post what I find and think is a useful help to this forum.
    Our discus about this made newbie people to think, there is more.
    Always good.

Update: about this app, I think to force close a app by the menu button is more easy then enter the engineering menu.

Enjoy DelftEo

Global Posts
    10,494 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

You don't need to waste your life posting on CrackBerry to understand how to kill an app via the escreen
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

You don't need to waste your life posting on CrackBerry to understand how to kill an app via the escreen
    how did you come to the status "Genius of Geniuses" ??
    By only reading ??

LOL

Enjoy DelftEo
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Love this app. You can close the browser and get all the memory back from it. It restarts of course. That's ok.

This extends the time between resets since there is always tons of memory left now.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    2.0, 7.1.0.340.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I've been testing Force Close this morning and am having mixed feelings about it.

1) Messages does close and I still get my e-mails, but if I close BBM or WLM I can't receive any messages.
    2) Funny thing about WLM after closing it, the icon on my homescreen shows I'm logged in, but when I click it to send someone a message it starts the login process as if I was logged out.
    3) I was hoping this could be the answer to closing T4BB and having it open up on the last read tweet, but it goes to the top just as if I had closed the app normally. What I've had to do is back out of the app and leave it running in the background so when I open it again it stays at my last read tweet.
    4) I Force Closed the browser and phone, but it gives me a message that they will be restarted after the Force Close, so I'm not sure what the point is in regards to them.
    5) One thing I'm definitely not a fan of is that after Force Closing any app, a pop-up saying it`s done comes up, but the app's instructions page shows up behind it. After clicking "OK", you have to close this page but ironically, you can't Force Close it!

It does seem to recover some memory, but I can`t say about battery life yet. I think this app has a lot of potential if it could get some of these issues sorted out. Hopefully you'll be working on it and have an update soon.

Cheers!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by jmripollg View Post
    I've been testing Force Close this morning and am having mixed feelings about it.
    After 24 hour I noticed more batt and more memory.
    After closing msn it is offline I close it when I don't use it, even as bbm I never use, when you close the browser it clean all the cache and restart clean, also the mail icon I close but stay pushed, more apps I don't have running in the background, for sure other members can give it a try.
    This app has for me a big potential.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 02-10-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I wanted an app to shut bbm down without dicking with my OS and I got one.
    An app that works and does what it sets out to do, good job man.
    CrackBerry User

What is an escreen and how does it work. Will try this app out, thanks dude.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Force Closing Browser

I have a similar question - but nothing to do with battery life/memory. Can I force close my browser periodically? I just came back from holidays and have $100+ in charges due to RIM browser staying open for 24 hours at a time, because I look up something quickly on the browser, then forget to close. I have been doing this often and want to know if I can force close the browser after 30 minutes or something. BBerry 9320 OS 7.1.0?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts

no use for this now, but I definitely like the concept... thanks for the work done on this!
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,541 Global Posts

Androids have an app similar to this to close their applications due to excessive battery drain and memory loss running the programs. Not sure if it can be side-loaded or not, but I really don't see the need for it when you can close (exit) most 3rd party apps that if just closed, would run in the background. Even memory using, battery draining apps like WhatsApp can be closed and then exited closing it completely using just the menu button. If I can find out the link for the Android app, I will post it here.