Dear All,
    As is customary with Empower, the beta users get free copies. I have registered devices for those users whose PIN I have. Please update your copy through Central. In case it says Trial (even after updating), it means I don't have your device PIN. In that case please check your PM in a few minutes from now on how to get the registered copy.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    02-06-10 11:02 PM
    Thanks! Everything works again.
    02-07-10 12:08 AM
    Thanks Ani
    02-07-10 01:52 AM
    Interested. Verizon Tour 9630. Hybrid .230
    02-07-10 03:22 AM
    I can't seem to send text msgs to multiple contacts, I have to send it to one person at a time. I can send to multiple contacts in the BB native SMS.
    02-08-10 04:46 AM
    I can't seem to send text msgs to multiple contacts, I have to send it to one person at a time. I can send to multiple contacts in the BB native SMS.
    you can do this. When you open threaded messenger, in the first screen "conversations" push the the menu button and select compose message, then you will be able to add contacts and send to more then 1 person at the same time.
    02-08-10 07:35 AM
    Ani,

ok, I finally was able to test the new version, seems the changes ani made are working fine. with this said, I have suggestion, got the idea from another post.

On sending multiple text messages, now we have to select compose, then enter select from address book or enter number, then to add multiple people to the same text, have to push menu button, add contact, and same process as above. Is there a way to make it so when we select from contacts, there would be circles that we can check, like when deleting multiples, and we can check up to 10 contacts to send the message to. This would eliminate a lot of steps. Now I am assuming that you cant do this with the regular address book thru blackberry, so I have a suggestion that I think you could do.

You have your app called quickSMS, would it be possible to tie the 2 together. So when we select compose a message, your box comes up with 3 choices, choose from contacts, choose from quickSMS, or Enter number. For those of us that buy your quickSMS, we could choose from QuickSMS and have the circles there to select more then 1 to send to without having to go thru the normal process. Of course if the person does not buy quickSMS, that button would be a dead link, nothing would happen if they dont have quickSMS installed.

If possible, I think it would require a update to quickSMS. Because quickSMS is set up so all you have to do is push the name and your off. So updating quickSMS to have a send multiple SMS capability would be required, and probably welcome update. At the bottome of QuickSMS, you have add contact box, and use once box, maybe put in the middle Send Multiple box, which would just add the circles to the contacts we have listed, then we could check multiple people.

Linking the 2 apps together like this would be a huge benefit and I think encourage people to buy both of them. I already have quickSMS, so if this is a possibility, I would beta test it for you. I hope this is possible, I am excited.
    Last edited by trucksmoveamerica; 02-08-10 at 08:22 AM.
    02-08-10 07:49 AM
    you can do this. When you open threaded messenger, in the first screen "conversations" push the the menu button and select compose message, then you will be able to add contacts and send to more then 1 person at the same time.
    The problem is when I do that and press send, I get a message that says that it can't be sent, try again.
    02-08-10 04:01 PM
    The problem is when I do that and press send, I get a message that says that it can't be sent, try again.

are you trying to send group messages? That is the only time I get that message.
    02-08-10 11:46 PM
    are you trying to send group messages? That is the only time I get that message.
    Exactly. I don't get the message in the native app. I wanted to send a message to three contacts and that is what I get..and no one received the message.

Ani sent me a email with this suggestion "If in case you are still having issues while sending SMS then go to Empower Central > Threaded SMS > General Options > Check the Option 'Send SMS through native'.

But I don't have that option in Empower Central....unless there is a updated beta version..I have the latest publicly available version.
    02-09-10 04:34 AM
    Exactly. I don't get the message in the native app. I wanted to send a message to three contacts and that is what I get..and no one received the message.

Ani sent me a email with this suggestion "If in case you are still having issues while sending SMS then go to Empower Central > Threaded SMS > General Options > Check the Option 'Send SMS through native'.

But I don't have that option in Empower Central....unless there is a updated beta version..I have the latest publicly available version.
    I dont see that option either.
    02-09-10 09:08 AM

I dont see that option either.
    It turns out if the phone is running OS 5.0+, it won't be there.
    02-09-10 12:24 PM
    8330 - 4.5 os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 02:15 PM
    Storm 2 on Verizon 5.0
    Pin: 31188511

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 12:29 PM
    Are we getting close to releasing this?
    02-13-10 08:55 PM
    Where did everyone go?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-15-10 12:20 PM
    Ani, it would be nice if we had an option to "Mark Open". I get a lot of work txts that assure me that our severs are up and running. It would be nice to mark 18 txts as open rather than going in every single one.

Thanks
    02-15-10 06:40 PM
    Ive tried this for about a month and Its not too bad but it isn't as good as the default SMS app or bbm. Its got potential when more themes are available. Many of the suggestions in this forum are really good ideas and I look forward to trying this again.

02-15-10 06:51 PM
    Ive tried this for about a month and Its not too bad but it isn't as good as the default SMS app or bbm. Its got potential when more themes are available. Many of the suggestions in this forum are really good ideas and I look forward to trying this again.

Yeah I have it, I love it far better than the orignal sms that came with my bb.
    02-15-10 06:58 PM
    Interested...
    I have Storm 9500 with last leaked (484) OS
    02-16-10 02:22 AM
    Hi,
    am having an issue.....i will explain the best way i can and some questions.

(1)I have 5 names, when i go down to the last name (#5) the name is hidden and when i come up to the name #4 then the last two name (#4 and #5) have the same name when I know they are not the same.

(2) can we block MMS and get it thru Threaded SMS application?

(3) also, is there anyway that when am going to compose a message that we can type the first letter and the names populate without we having to select from address book?

that is what I have found so far.....Hope I hear from Ani.
    02-17-10 08:59 AM
171 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD