is this a respectable amount? i'm coming from the storm1 where i was usually below 15 so 114 seems awesome. i have quite a few apps to install and wonder if i should delete some pre-installed apps that i will never use.

i appreciate any input/advice you can toss my way
    01-01-10 12:37 PM
    Yea I say delete all the extra apps and languages. That should free up a decent amount of memory. Enjoy the storm2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 12:49 PM
    as mcfly said delete languages and other stuff like all the docs to go apps to clear up memory. if you wont use it and you can delete it then do.
    01-01-10 01:27 PM
    Do a battery pull and then check it.
    01-01-10 01:29 PM
    Yeah delete all of the stuff that Verizon pushed that you don't use, plus whatever else you don't need. I have about 8 apps installed and still have the same memory as you!
    01-01-10 08:16 PM
    When I got my S2, right from the get go, I was running at a consistant 130+ MB. Now, after deleting all the stuff I don't use, plus adding many apps, including games and utilities, plus a theme, I'm running around 114. Like others here have suggested, use your app loader to remove unwanted/needed programs (don't worry about the stuff VZW pushes on you, those are not yet installed, you just have the icons to initiate an install if you choose), so they're not taking up very much space. Do a battery pull or two and then watch it.

One of my favorite apps is MeterBerry (available here in the CB store) which can log your memory use and you can then use that info to try (operative word "try") and figure out what might be sucking memory up.

One great thing about this phone, it's been my experience that thus far, I've had no memory leaks and it remains very, very stable!
    01-01-10 08:23 PM
    Be careful about whacking Documents to Go. If you like to handle attached documents properly you need it.
    01-01-10 08:30 PM
    delete your language packs and stuff. I have a lot of apps and games installed and I'm at 121.9mb free
    01-01-10 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD