So was looking around for a good speedtest app for the blackberry and found a great one released by Cisco in App World. Tried it and no issues, works like a champ. Here's the link and ill also post my speedtest results as well for those of you who are wondering how it looks like:

Download Link: BlackBerry App World - Cisco Global Internet Speed Test GIST

Screenshots of results:

Wifi

3G (Rogers)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 01:11 AM
    thanks for the share!

any way to post the cod files for non appworld users?
    03-08-11 01:16 AM
    I wanted to download it, but it isn't supported for the Style. Here's some necessary information:

Supported Devices
    BlackBerry 9500
    BlackBerry 9520
    BlackBerry 9530
    BlackBerry 9550
    BlackBerry 9800

Required Device Software
    4.7.0 or higher

Supported Countries
    All countries except:
    Afghanistan
    Bahrain
    Iran
    Iraq
    Jordan
    Kuwait
    Lebanon
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    United Arab Emirates
    Yemen
    03-08-11 05:10 AM
    Style gets left behind again!
    03-08-11 05:38 AM
    So was looking around for a good speedtest app for the blackberry and found a great one released by Cisco in App World. Tried it and no issues, works like a champ. Here's the link and ill also post my speedtest results as well for those of you who are wondering how it looks like:

Download Link: BlackBerry App World - Cisco Global Internet Speed Test GIST

Screenshots of results:

Wifi

3G (Rogers)

I've been wanting a good speed testing app. Thank you for the find and sharing it with us.
    03-08-11 05:46 AM
    thanks for the share!

any way to post the cod files for non appworld users?
    Your welcome!

But unfotunately there isn't an OTA link but I wouldve made an OTA download but don't know how to.

I've been wanting a good speed testing app. Thank you for the find and sharing it with us.
    Your welcome! Enjoy

03-08-11 08:19 AM
    Cisco VNI Downloads

03-08-11 08:52 AM
    Cisco VNI Downloads

That link takes you to App World.
    03-08-11 09:06 AM
    xtreme labs speed test is now par of Fixmo Tools. Should work on any OS 5 or 6 device.
    03-08-11 10:05 AM
    That link takes you to App World.
    Yep. I never stated it was anything else than that. I did not post it for any downloads. That has already been done. It is for additional information about the company offer for those who would like to read morre about it.

03-08-11 10:57 AM
    xtreme labs speed test is now par of Fixmo Tools. Should work on any OS 5 or 6 device.
    Id still use this app instead of Speedtest. This one is free and gives you more info compared to speedtest which is included with fixmo tools for $10.

03-08-11 04:44 PM
    I have yet to figure out why Cisco released this app almost 2 years ago and still only supports touch-screen devices!!! Why do you HAVE to have a touchscreen in order to test how much bandwidth you have over Carrier or WiFi????

03-09-11 12:30 PM
    Because you have to make two different UIs, and it takes work.

What the app does is not why it isn't available for non touchscreen. You can basically port a storm app to the 9800 and vice versa with ease.

ALL of the ui elements and assets have to be resized for the smaller screen and tested to make sure they are even readable.
    03-09-11 12:34 PM
    I guess my point is that prior to the Torch, the Storm was a Verizon exclusive phone, so there were not NEARLY as many touchscreen BlackBerry users as there were non-touchscreen users. In my thoughts, Cisco should have written the app for non-touchscreen BB users and then ported the app to TouchScreen BB's later....it is always easier to advance engineering on an existing app to support newer devices than it is to completely rewrite the UI to make the app support older devices....not to mention that there are still more non-touchscreen BB devices for sale now than touchscreen devices.

03-09-11 12:41 PM
    Unless they ported the assets from a similar touch based UI on another platform...

It's not really relevant unless you know what they started from. But yes, the bottom line is they are lazy to redo the UI.
    03-09-11 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD