Has anyone figured out how to delete private Facebook messages on the new version of Socialscope?
    I would like to know this as well. I have my messages set to go to my messages folder which I like, but I wish there was a way to make them dissapear from my messages folder and then stay in socialscope messages after I read them. The new version pulled my fb messages as far back as 2008 and they are showing in my messages folder. I can delete them from my messages folder and still see them in the socialscope app, but as soon as I reboot my phone they all show back up in my messages folder. Is there a way to make them not come back and only stay in socialscope after I read them?
    08-31-10 02:35 PM
    SWEET!

edit/

fail! error uploading.
    08-31-10 02:36 PM
    SWEET!

edit/

fail! error uploading.
    For pictures for ya status? Am I not alone?

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 03:21 PM
    I get error uploading, too.

That sucks.

08-31-10 03:32 PM
    When I downloaded SS and opened it up I got a screen that said I needed to set permissions to "allow." I have done this but the screen still comes up when I try to get into the app. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    08-31-10 03:33 PM
    I would love to upload pictures via SocialScope to certain picture folders on Facebook but I get that damn error. I guess I gotta keep the Facebook app to do that. Meh.

08-31-10 03:36 PM
    Just installed and deleted socialscope. Another bad thing....RIM's facebook app is much better!
    08-31-10 03:49 PM
    One thing I noticed that I dont like is that SS caches all of the images you look at on the device memory itself instead of the media card. I would rather it use the media card so it didnt eat up my device memory.
    08-31-10 04:18 PM
    This is still in beta ya'll, send them feedback as well cause I really don't think they check this here site (could be wrong but oh well).

I am always giving them feedback of what I find even if I don't get a response.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-31-10 04:22 PM
    SWEET!

edit/

fail! error uploading.
    I had the same problem when I first tried to download SS. I probably tried 10 time and everytime got an error. I finally tried it while I was connected to wifi and it downloaded with no issue

08-31-10 06:43 PM
    anyone using SS .129 on the Storm (I or II)? how can they release updates without adding swipe actions??? If you have 100+ tweets to scroll through, there is no way to go to the bottom or the top quickly? That feature is crucial for a useful experience...the twitter app for BB and UT all have that for quite a few releases...

Also, anyone feel the need to be able to add "Favorites" as a tab?? I like to favorite a tweet to come back to later but with SS there is no way to view them unless you go thru your profile...

overall a good update but need swipe functionality, esp for touch devices!
    08-31-10 10:19 PM
    Sad to say, I went back to Facebook app and ubertwitter. I love what they are doing with Socialscope, but the new version was too buggy. Deleted facebook notices reappear after reboot, you can't upload pics to facebook. Sent bug report to them. Hope they fix it soon.

09-01-10 08:16 AM
    anyone using SS .129 on the Storm (I or II)? how can they release updates without adding swipe actions??? If you have 100+ tweets to scroll through, there is no way to go to the bottom or the top quickly? That feature is crucial for a useful experience...the twitter app for BB and UT all have that for quite a few releases...

Also, anyone feel the need to be able to add "Favorites" as a tab?? I like to favorite a tweet to come back to later but with SS there is no way to view them unless you go thru your profile...

overall a good update but need swipe functionality, esp for touch devices!
    Kazmi,

You need to let the folks know your thoughts by providing them with feedback. I do not think they follow this thread, and the only way that they would know what is needed or issues that users have is through the feedback button in the settings option or through their website.

If you do not provide them with your thoughts for issues or improvements it certainly wont help the end result of the product for everyone. Because I can certainly agree with what you are saying.
    09-01-10 08:21 AM
    Yep +1 I have already submitted 3 feedback emails to them.. Hopefully it will help. But very very true... you have to speak up.
    09-01-10 08:47 AM
    does this version alert us when we've been poked by facebook users and an easy wake to poke them back?

silly I know.
    09-01-10 03:30 PM
    does this version alert us when we've been poked by facebook users and an easy wake to poke them back?

silly I know.
    There is the Poke option when looking at someone's post. I haven't had anyone poke me yet, so I haven't seen if those come through in SS yet.
    09-01-10 03:49 PM
    Yeah, I saw that on the old version, sadly my phones broken since then and SS seems to be blocked on simulators so I can't check it myself..

If you find out please let me know.

There is the Poke option when looking at someone's post. I haven't had anyone poke me yet, so I haven't seen if those come through in SS yet.
    09-01-10 04:39 PM
    Can I get a socialscope invite please

09-01-10 10:01 PM
    Can anyone get to use sounds for replies notifications? I set them on my profiles but they wont work, also settings reset everytime i close the app :/
    09-01-10 10:36 PM
    can i revert to the older version

facing bugs in this newer release, where my settings wouldn't be remembered, having problems getting the notification settings to stick
    09-02-10 02:23 AM
    Umm, yeah. I am experiencing some of the same issues...
    1) I am constantly being asked to allow permissions when I reboot my device. I have set this many times, and my global setting are already defaulted to allow all.
    2) The tabs don't update for me. I have 2 tabs for @socialscope and @ubertwiter that never update. Even when I click on refresh 10 times. Then, suddenly 50 tweets come though for both tabs randomly.
    3) All of my setting are retained after a reboot EXCEPT for my update rate. I set it for 30 minutes, and it always reverts back to Auto.

I also don't like the "saving" of a twitter account before posting. A wasted step of lost productivity IMO. The old way was better where you just made sure the account you want to use had the highlighted box around it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I do not receive alerts any longer for my tabs any longer.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-02-10 at 05:22 AM.
    09-02-10 05:17 AM
    I am unable to login...

Facts:
    - downloaded the newest version after I received an email Monday night telling me it was live

- I've been a SS user since late 2008

- I have the latest version. I double-checked.

CB denizens, please help me here. I use Twitter to promote my blog and business and there is no better app than SocialScope. Period.
    09-02-10 11:06 AM
    New update.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-12-10 12:39 AM
    Looks like the same issues on the new version still.

09-12-10 01:20 AM
    I am barely having any serious issues where I have to force quit the app. I only use it for FascistBook though, they did fix the uploadin a photo for your status and other issues for FascistBook but I would love to hear what issues are still happening to those who use all the services for SS.

I can't comment on the battery issue cause my battery is losing juice anyways but once I get a new battery I will post my findings (if I don't forget).

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-12-10 01:27 AM
110 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD