Hello!

A quick heads up; just a few days ago when I tried downloading SocialScope again I was prompted to install version v0.9.5.108. I had abandoned the use of SocialScope for the reason it did not allow me to remove a Twitter account (I had two added in SocialScope, but both Twitter accounts I deactivated later thus rendering the application unusable for Twitter).

I tried downgrading to another version hoping the issue didn't come up. It was until I installed version 0.9.5.44 that I got a prompt a new update was available. I thought it would be 0.9.5.108 again, but to my surprise I got 0.9.5.129 instead. I don't know if first downgrading to 0.9.5.44 had any effect; it could have been coincidence that an update was issued now.

Nevertheless this one fixes numerous things and adds a lot of interesting extra features! First of all, when I first started it, I was given a few prompts on how notifications work and @replies as well as Direct Messages are now integrated into the Messages list. Also, once SocialScope detected my non-working Twitter accounts, it asked me whether I would like to stop using them, which I did and now I have the two Twitter accounts removed and can start from zero.

There are some nice additions in the options as well, like setting the font size more precisely (7pt, 8pt, 9pt, and so on). There's also some weird signature option; I believe for Facebook or something, because for Twitter's 140 characters it would seriously limit the number of characters one can use.

I would post more information / pictures, but I am on a hurry to pack my stuff up. Going to a trip to Germany! Wish me a good trip!

EDIT: I am sorry I just now realized there was another thread in the 3rd Party Apps section.
    Last edited by HotGeekness; 08-31-10 at 11:57 AM.
    08-31-10 11:53 AM
    I think this topic justifies it's own thread, HOWEVER it still belongs in 3rd party apps.
    08-31-10 12:11 PM
    The newest version is the best ever. Nothing beats this app. Yeh!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 02:14 PM
    I had to remove the new version. I'm not sure if it was a freak incident, but my GPS stopped working on my Navigation apps after I installed it. I had the permissions set to Allow for Social Scope. Wasn't sure if it was the culprit, I set the permissions of Social Scope to Deny. Then all of my other apps started to act strange. After removing Social Scope, my GPS now works again.
    I'm afraid to give it another go, fearing the same thing may happen again.
    It must be conflicting with some other app on my device.
    08-31-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD