So I opened up slacker radio and said there was an update. So I updated it. I over all like the look and performance of this upgrade even though it is a larger download file. Things I noticed they have visual ads just like pandora but another little cool feature and or bug is that I am able to skip through those slacket radio ads. Kinda nice little tid bit.

Anyway what do you guys like or don't like about this new version? Do you like the old one better ect...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 07:21 AM
    Is this only for the paid version? If not how do I update the free version because when I open it there is nothing about an update.
    09-09-09 08:41 AM
    Is this only for the paid version? If not how do I update the free version because when I open it there is nothing about an update.
    go to Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations from your blackberry browser, and click the download link.
    09-09-09 09:07 AM
    is anyone still having this problem? i love slacker, love it, but when im listening to it and someone sends me a text the song starts over automatically. did we ever find a fix for this?
    09-09-09 09:52 AM
    is anyone still having this problem? i love slacker, love it, but when im listening to it and someone sends me a text the song starts over automatically. did we ever find a fix for this?
    I haven't had any problem with that. This is the free version. If you can't get it just go to app world and download it. I think its a lot faster and more responsive.

09-09-09 10:08 AM
    I hated that too. But the new update fixes it.
    09-09-09 10:34 AM
    This update been out for awhile. Crackberry a little late with this

09-09-09 10:53 AM
    I've been using the upgrade for a couple weeks now. It seems to be less of a drain on my battery. I can listen twice as long for the same battery use as the old version.
    09-09-09 11:46 AM
    I've been using the upgrade for a couple weeks now. It seems to be less of a drain on my battery. I can listen twice as long for the same battery use as the old version.
    Agreed!!!
    Plus I can now use it on EDGE and get the same performance as being on 3G.

09-09-09 12:57 PM
    This issues has been fixed for a few revisions now. I don't recall which one, but I have not had the problem with Slacker for a couple of weeks now.
    09-09-09 12:58 PM
    I've been using 2.0.49 for a while now -- it's been great for me, especially over UMA. Extremely fast startup and skips, excellent sound. Pandora also good, but I'm finding Slacker just a bit more usable. Tried iHeartRadio, and found that I was getting a lot of skips and crackles in the music -- don't know what that's about, but it was often enough -- and not present on Slacker or Pandora, so I deleted iHeartRadio...

Anyway -- this Slacker release has been excellent. Very happy with it so far.
    09-09-09 01:13 PM
    Once i updated my app froze completely. I have since un-installed it.
    09-09-09 03:58 PM
    I tried updating it but it not the app is now unusable. The first error was verification errors with module 14 which I think I corrected by have the app permissions for everything allow. Now the error is Out of memory. How sad now I cannot use the app until its fixed or probably whenever T-mobile would finally give a update on the OS for the flip. I know there are updates but only use the official ones provided by T-mobile USA which is stuck on 4.6.0.180
    09-09-09 06:18 PM
    I tried updating it but it not the app is now unusable. The first error was verification errors with module 14 which I think I corrected by have the app permissions for everything allow. Now the error is Out of memory. How sad now I cannot use the app until its fixed or probably whenever T-mobile would finally give a update on the OS for the flip. I know there are updates but only use the official ones provided by T-mobile USA which is stuck on 4.6.0.180
    No need to wait for T-Mobile. Any carrier's official update will work as long as you delete the vendor XML file.

This is an official upgrade, not a beta. http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/new...nguage-306728/
    09-09-09 06:40 PM
    2.0.49 has not been out for weeks now. It just came out today. You guys are talking about 2.0.45.
    09-09-09 06:40 PM
    2.0.49 has not been out for weeks now. It just came out today. You guys are talking about 2.0.45.
    Thanks. Downloading 2.0.49 now.
    09-09-09 06:45 PM
    Not to be picky, but...a quick Google search shows articles about 2.0.49 being available around 9/3/09 for download. I also checked my own install, and note that my 8900 recorded the install date as 9/4/09. So yes -- it may not have been weeks ago, but it didn't just come out today. Take a look at the attached picture showing the properties of my 2.0.49 installation.

[BTW: the weird truncation of the text in the Delete button is a byproduct of using certain custom themes (in this case, BerryGreen v2 -- one of my favorites) with OS 5.0.0.190...]
    09-09-09 10:00 PM
    I had indeed been using 2.0.45 for the past 2 weeks. I installed 2.0.49 today, and I do not see anything different about it. Battery life is still good, and there are no issues with lengthy buffering times.
    09-09-09 10:19 PM
    Curious. I just downloaded this version for the first time. It asks me to make an account and after about 2 - 3 minutes, when it says it's creating the account, it says my username is already used. I think "okay, MAYBE I signed up under that email a while back on a desktop version..maybe". So i then decide to just use my BB email that I set up on the phone since it's never been used and I still get the same message.

Am I doing something wrong here?

****EDIT**** Nevermind, now it's logged in.
    Last edited by darkcreole; 09-10-09 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Problem fixed itself.
    09-10-09 09:35 AM
    I ran across an article today where the person contrasted Pandora Vs. Slacker it's located here Review - Pandora or Slacker? Which is the Best Blackberry Radio App - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com What do you think about it now? I bet you anything he was using the older version of slacker. I wonder if his opinion of the two would change now. Im a Pandora fan right now, but I use slacker. Im going to try this new version out and see if they changed any of my gripes about it.
    09-10-09 10:12 AM
    Not to be picky, but...a quick Google search shows articles about 2.0.49 being available around 9/3/09 for download. I also checked my own install, and note that my 8900 recorded the install date as 9/4/09. So yes -- it may not have been weeks ago, but it didn't just come out today. Take a look at the attached picture showing the properties of my 2.0.49 installation.

[BTW: the weird truncation of the text in the Delete button is a byproduct of using certain custom themes (in this case, BerryGreen v2 -- one of my favorites) with OS 5.0.0.190...]
    My bad, That was the first I saw about .49. I hadn't seen a release date so I made an assumption. Either way, it was still recent but thanks for clarifying it since I was unaware of the actual release date.
    09-10-09 08:15 PM
    My bad, That was the first I saw about .49. I hadn't seen a release date so I made an assumption. Either way, it was still recent but thanks for clarifying it since I was unaware of the actual release date.
    BTW: the Neils Bohr quote is excellent!
    09-10-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD