Still seems like I have to roll the trackball about a mile to get from one side of the screen to the other. Too much effort for me.
    trackball > use keys 2(up),6(right),8(down) and 4(left) for fast scrolling
    12-20-09 03:50 PM
    I don't like that there's no syn with Opera for desktops. The previous Opera Mini had that ability. I don't really feel like manually entering my bookmarks again.

It's also a PIA to enter web addresses because it erases anything I've typed in if I hit the back/delete button. I can do a quick press, to delte one character, but it just wipes out anything I've entered.

Everything else I like much more, but those two issues make it mostly unusable to me. Get the syn back and I can deal, but I'm not entering all the addresses again.

Oh yeah! No copy/paste.
    opera syncs with the opera desktop (im using it now and all my bookmarks are synced using opera unite) <new name for sync w opera desktop 10.10

also there is copy and paste move your cursor to the text you want to copy press and hold the trackball and a popup shows that says copy, search or search with then push trackball again to select your text to copy using opera 5.0.17405
    Last edited by duck383; 12-20-09 at 04:14 PM.
    12-20-09 04:05 PM
    Does anyone have a link to an extensive guide (or anything better than the basic overview on the download page) that shows me how to use this on my Storm? I don't know how to do some things since this version won't let me open my BB menu at all.

As for the new version, waaaay better than the last beta that I kept for all of 2 days (on a Curve). But lovin' it on my new Storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 04:25 PM
    Issues with the new beta mini I have a Tour running .61 and loaded Opera Mini 2 ver 5.0.17405. said that I needed adobe flash for this site http://nmroads.com. Tried net.nmroads.com loaded without flash but not all of the page. Also would not load correctly mail.bajabb.com went to webmail and you had to select which mail server. Both loaded correctly with Bolt. At least it did not lock up. Any ideas ? thanks
    Harvey
    Last edited by hmfoster; 12-20-09 at 05:45 PM.
    12-20-09 05:43 PM
    I just loaded beta 2 onto the Tour and I'm absolutely loving it. So much better functionality over the native browser.
    12-20-09 06:54 PM
    opera syncs with the opera desktop (im using it now and all my bookmarks are synced using opera unite) <new name for sync w opera desktop 10.10

also there is copy and paste move your cursor to the text you want to copy press and hold the trackball and a popup shows that says copy, search or search with then push trackball again to select your text to copy using opera 5.0.17405
    I've upgraded 10.10 and have Unite. How do I sync? I've looked at the settings on Opera Mini and can't find anything. I know the old Opera mini had a Sync option in Settings.

Thanks for the other.

Edit: Nevermind. I finally found the Opera Link option in Settings.
    Last edited by jabo052; 12-20-09 at 07:35 PM.
    12-20-09 07:31 PM
    anyway to set as default browser?
    12-20-09 08:03 PM
    Why is my trackball scroll still slow with this silent upgrade? Am I missing something?

12-20-09 08:29 PM
    i'm not having the delete issue with this newest version anymore, i only had the delete issue with beta 1

and if you want to copy and past you need to hit the blackberry button, or the number 1/w button. (i cant remember off hand and my tour is downstairs)

i've been able to copy, cut, paste with this latest version and i'm not having any delete issues or any other issues for that matter..

again my version is 5.0.17405, which you can check by hitting the bb button, and scrolling down to help, about opera and it should tell you what version you are running

again this is for opera mini 5 beta 2, version 5.0.17405.

also, i dont use opera on my computer so i cant comment on the sync issue
    Good thing I checked the version, I had the version 5.0.17405 but on the bb app list it has it just listed as 5.0, good thing I checked before I uninstalled a perfectly good version although I notice the typing and the scrolling is better on the bb browser. I didn't expect the typing to lag but it does slightly, whatever

12-20-09 08:33 PM
    Good thing I checked the version, I had the version 5.0.17405 but on the bb app list it has it just listed as 5.0, good thing I checked before I uninstalled a perfectly good version although I notice the typing and the scrolling is better on the bb browser. I didn't expect the typing to lag but it does slightly, whatever

I'm curious when you browse using the trackball if the cursor moves around in like boxes? It is not smooth at all like the BB browser.
    12-20-09 09:14 PM
    I'm curious when you browse using the trackball if the cursor moves around in like boxes? It is not smooth at all like the BB browser.
    yes i experience this too, doesn't really effect me tho since i scroll using the number pad 2=up 8=down 4=left 6=right

using the number pad is much faster and makes the browser a lot more enjoyable to use in my opinion
    12-20-09 11:28 PM
    I just got my first BB and I'm wondering what is the difference between opera and the browser my tour already has?

And any tips or anything?

12-25-09 10:59 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD