QuickLaunch 2.12.4 for the 9630 is now available!

Note: You must set all permissions to ALLOW during the install process.

New Features in 2.12.4:

Bluetooth Toggle
    Turn your bluetooth radio on or off

How to Configure the Bluetooth Toggle feature:
    This feature works with macros simulating user key input.
    When you add this function via Add Application you will see an entry field
    labeled "Parameter" and the default values are automatically filled in.
    To configure the Bluetooth Toggle feature to work correctly you might have to change these numbers.

The first number, 5, refers to the position that the 'Bluetooth' section is located on your Blackberry Options screen. For example '1' would be 'About' and 2 would be 'Advanced' on most phones. Enter the number where 'Bluetooth' appears in your Options menu.

The second number, 1, refers to what position 'Enable / Disable Bluetooth' is located on the Bluetooth Options pages if you hit the menu key. So to get this number go to your Options screen, select Bluetooth, then the menu key and note the position from the top that 'Enable Bluetooth' appears in the menu. Got it?

GPS Config Shortcut
    This shortcut will allow you to jump to the GPS Config page to quickly turn on or off the GPS radio. It is not a toggle but it gets you there faster.

How to Configure the GPS Config Shortcut feature:
    This feature works the same as the Bluetooth Toggle feature above.
    The parameter that needs to be configured also consists of 2 numbers in the following format: n1,n2
    where n1 = the location that 'Advanced' appears on the Blackberry Options screen and
    n2 = the location that 'GPS' appears under that Advanced options.

Radio Toggle
    Turn your Mobile Connection radios on / off

Supports BBTask Pro app

Alternate Weather Connection option
    If the weather was not showing up for you in the titlebar try enabling this option in QL Options.

Camera Mute
    This feature will mute the camera shutter. This feature which can be found in QL Options will add a menu item to your system menu.

The Camera Mute feature is courtesy of Fabian Heuwieser who writes great apps so if you like this feature let him know. Thanks and kudos to him.

New Memo
    Open a new memo in the BB Notepad app.

Flashlight
    This is shortcut to the Video camera but will prevent the flash from turning off when your backlight dims. In order for this feature to work you must go to you camera options and set the Flash option to 'Always On'. So if you've used the vid cam for a flashlight before this feature will keep the flash on indefinitely until you close the video camera which is equivalent to the other 'Flashlight' apps out there.

Watch the QuickLaunch 2.0 HD Demo Video

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st and who do not have version 2.0+ $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QL 2.12.4 has been submitted to RIM for inclusion in App World but they have a 5 day minimum approval time so customers who have purchased there will have to wait until it's approved. Sorry about that.

Special thanks and appreciation to the beta testers who helped with this release.
    09-26-09 10:31 PM
    Is the reset device listed in the QL application menu the same as doing a battery pull?
    09-27-09 09:09 AM
    Is the reset device listed in the QL application menu the same as doing a battery pull?
    Would like to know also.
    09-27-09 01:05 PM
    Not sure if it's supposed to, but running OS 5.0, it doesn't. Then again, QuickPull doesn't work under 5.0 either.
    09-27-09 02:32 PM
    yes it's the same as a battery pull.
    reset apps on 5.0 are hit and miss. definitely works for some ppl and definitely doesn't work for others. main thing is to set all perms to allow during installation and then double check them after installation. if the reset doesn't work after that then most likely it just wont work for your device. in my opinion it's due to an inconsistency in the build of the devices. same os / same device and reset works on one phone but not someone else's.
    there are no 'conflicts' with these reset apps so i think it's an inconsistent manufacturing process. as we all know rim does have problems building these things with a %50 return reported with tours now. just my opinion anyway...
    09-27-09 08:52 PM
    is it just me or do i have to mute the shutter every time i use the camera? if i leave it on mute and go back into my camera it makes the sound even with the mute on....just wondering
    09-28-09 01:56 AM
    Anyone else not able to use the clock shortcut on 5.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 05:58 AM
    does anyone have a problem setting their memory cleaner as a shortcut on quicklaunch? i have everything set to allow and it just freezes up the phone.
    09-29-09 10:14 AM
    How do you upgrade to the new version? Do I have to plug in and let DM do it? I can't remember if I bought it through app world or not (don't think I did). Sorry I'm a noob...
    09-29-09 10:53 AM
    when I try to update I get an invalid cod error.
    09-29-09 03:52 PM
    How do you access the camera mute and flashlight? I don't have these options

10-06-09 04:24 PM
    is this update for 8900 as well?
    10-06-09 05:57 PM
    "uncaught exception: object already exists" is the message i get when I try to launch bbm since upgrading quicklaunch. Never had a problem before. Any solutions? I uninstalled BBM and quicklaunch and reinstalled, didn't work.

thanks!
    10-06-09 06:43 PM
    QL is unable to launch BBM 5.x. No problems with BBM 4.7 on the latest rounds of OS 5.x however
    10-06-09 08:38 PM
    How do you access the camera mute and flashlight? I don't have these options

Open QL. Press the BB button. Scroll to OPTION (in QL). Select, scroll down to CameraMute. It places it in the top menu of the BB which might be intrusive since it is in all apps.
    10-06-09 09:11 PM
    thanks yea, I need to upgrade i guess. I bought it through appworld, which i no longer have on my BB. Anyone know how i can upgrade otherwise?

I did get the camera mute app which also adds a "mute!" to the menu. kinda like a "mute anything" app rather than a mute camera app.. make sure to unmute when you're done right?

I think i can live without those 2 features.. just bites that i bought it 3 days ago and its not the most recent version. Thanks again crAppworld.
    10-06-09 09:18 PM
    Possible to change the backdrop color of QL menu? You can change the font color but not the backdrop. Some themes seems to assign the same colors for the backdrop and the highlight. I can't even tell which option the highlight is on lol.
    10-06-09 09:35 PM
    I'm trying to find someone to do some php programming for me so that i can sidestep crapworld. what a nightmare that has been. hopefully i can figure out something.

ftc, i dont understand the prob. when a them changes the backdrop just change the txt color. am i missing something?
    10-07-09 04:28 PM
    I'm trying to find someone to do some php programming for me so that i can sidestep crapworld. what a nightmare that has been. hopefully i can figure out something.

ftc, i dont understand the prob. when a them changes the backdrop just change the txt color. am i missing something?

Attachment 40048

I downloaded this great theme Clearview and the developer person kindly made some adjustments for me. When I use this theme and launch QL, it looks like the photo above. Well, as you see, the menu font is white (which is changeable under option) and the menu backdrop is light gray. But actually, the highlight (cursor) is same gray also - so I can't see where the highlight is. The developer person is looking into why this happens but he can't figure out.

Nothing to do with QL but I had the same issue for Facebook. Depending on themes, a font and a backdrop of status update both are white and I can't see what I am typing.

Sorry for being clumsy but I hope this makes my issue a bit clearer...
    Last edited by BrianFTC; 10-07-09 at 06:38 PM.
    10-07-09 05:56 PM
    i see. theme bug. yea...
    looks like the theme dev has some work to do on that. looks decent otherwise.

yea... i might add background color option. looked at it before. i'll take another look this weekend. no promises tho.
    10-07-09 07:29 PM
    i see. theme bug. yea...
    looks like the theme dev has some work to do on that. looks decent otherwise.

yea... i might add background color option. looked at it before. i'll take another look this weekend. no promises tho.
    Thanks so much. If you could try, it would be great. An odd thing is just on QL - all the other menus are fine. He said he was still learning how to do certain things but I think he is doing a great job. Since QL is such a popular app, before he starts receiving "complaints" from others, at least, this will give him an alternative option to advise others.
    10-07-09 10:00 PM
    Is the Official BBM 5.0 now compatile with QL?

10-07-09 10:51 PM
    i purchased mine through app world just the other night and i got 2.11.. did the update come through yet? is there another way i can update to it w/o using app world? this is the second copy of QL i've purchased, one for my curve, and now for my tour.. its a great app for sure..

cheers
    10-08-09 03:10 AM
    i purchased mine through app world just the other night and i got 2.11.. did the update come through yet? is there another way i can update to it w/o using app world? this is the second copy of QL i've purchased, one for my curve, and now for my tour.. its a great app for sure..

cheers
    Boomer,

I just saw your other posting at Blacq's thread. It looks like you also purchsed Blasq's Clearview and have experienced the issue that font and background end up the same color (white - my case is gray) on the password. Did you have the same experience for QuickLaunch? I did.
    Last edited by BrianFTC; 10-08-09 at 10:21 AM.
    10-08-09 07:28 AM
    Is the Official BBM 5.0 now compatile with QL?

No sir! BBM 5.0 still not playing nice with QL.
    10-08-09 08:03 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD