QuickLaunch 2.12.3 for the 83xx is now available!

Note: You must set all permissions to ALLOW during the install process.

New Features in 2.12:

Bluetooth Toggle
    Turn your bluetooth radio on or off

How to Configure the Bluetooth Toggle feature:
    This feature works with macros simulating user key input.
    When you add this function via Add Application you will see an entry field
    labeled "Parameter" and the default values are automatically filled in.
    To configure the Bluetooth Toggle feature to work correctly you might have to change these numbers.

The first number, 5, refers to the position that the 'Bluetooth' section is located on your Blackberry Options screen. For example '1' would be 'About' and 2 would be 'Advanced' on most phones. Enter the number where 'Bluetooth' appears in your Options menu.

The second number, 1, refers to what position 'Enable / Disable Bluetooth' is located on the Bluetooth Options pages if you hit the menu key. So to get this number go to your Options screen, select Bluetooth, then the menu key and note the position from the top that 'Enable Bluetooth' appears in the menu. Got it?

GPS Config Shortcut
    This shortcut will allow you to jump to the GPS Config page to quickly turn on or off the GPS radio. It is not a toggle but it gets you there faster.

How to Configure the GPS Config Shortcut feature:
    This feature works the same as the Bluetooth Toggle feature above.
    The parameter that needs to be configured also consists of 2 numbers in the following format: n1,n2
    where n1 = the location that 'Advanced' appears on the Blackberry Options screen and
    n2 = the location that 'GPS' appears under that Advanced options.

Radio Toggle
    Turn your Mobile Connection radios on / off

Supports BBTask Pro app

Alternate Weather Connection option
    If the weather was not showing up for you in the titlebar try enabling this option in QL Options.

Stay Lit
    This will allow you to keep the backlight on which is good for reading or when using maps etc. This feature is located in the 'Add Applications' section.
    (similar in function to BBLight and other apps like that)
    The backlight will stay on until you hit a convenience key or access QL again at which point it will revert to the normal timeout value.

NOTE: THE STAY LIT FEATURE IS NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK WITH THE 83XX
    A few beta testers reported that this feature was not working well on their devices (ex: backlight would stay on for 3 mins then turn off for 30 sec then come back on). Although working perfectly for all other BB devices it's possible something in the Stay Lit feature is not supported by the 4.5 OS or visa versa. I've decided to keep this feature in however so those who have devices where it works can enjoy it and in the hopes that feedback will allow me to either modify the feature or remove it from the 83xx version.

Watch the QuickLaunch 2.0 HD Demo Video

Price:
    Current owners who've purchased on or after April 1st: Free
    Current owners who've purchased before April 1st and who do not have version 2.0+ $1.99
    New Customers: $4.99

QL 2.12 has been submitted to RIM for inclusion in App World but they have a 5 day approval time so customers who have purchased there will have to wait until it's approved. Sorry about that.

Thank you.
    09-06-09 08:11 PM
    Already got my update, can't wait to try the new stuff out!
    09-06-09 09:31 PM
    I think RIM should buy this program and it needs to be a default feature for all bb, it is too useful and convenient not to have on you berry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 09:47 AM
    Excellent a bluetooth toggle will be very handy! This is the only app I have from the app store and I just purchased it a few weeks ago. Do I have to do anything to update it or will I get something on my BB to update it automatically once it's been approved for the app store?
    09-07-09 01:27 PM
    friggin' BB App World better accept it soon, I'd really like the app now!
    09-07-09 02:56 PM
    Hi. I Need a couple of testers for the latest features.
    Must be a current owner of QL.
    If interested please email me at nikkisoft dot support g mail.
    I only need 2 or 3 volunteers.
    Thanks
    10-05-09 01:31 PM
    ... still working on the update. it's taking longer because some of the features dont exactly fit in to the 4.5 os so i have to them differently. i develop on a storm so it's 'easier' on that device.
    i will be releasing the storm update before this one because it's already ready. just giving you a heads up.
    thanks
    10-14-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD