View Poll Results: Would you buy this app?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 68.85%
  • No

19 31.15%
    New program that allows your emails/mms/sms to be saved on your media card and not in the device memory.

I really wish this program existed, how about you? Are there any developers working on this? Think it will be part of any future OS updates?
    08-19-08 11:11 AM
    That, and a viewer for them.

Actually, i want this on the PC as well, the ability to save email and SMS into a database so i acan keep a permanent record of them all.
    08-19-08 11:13 AM
    Software like that would be awesome! I'm sure there are tons of users who would pay to have it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 11:31 AM
    Hey JeffH,
    Help me out here... Can't BES admins already do something like this. Not save to media card, but keep a database of messages on a PC.

08-19-08 11:35 AM
    OK lets develop it then..... Is that all you want it to do?
    08-19-08 11:39 AM
    All I want it to do is allow all messages to be saved to the media card INSTEAD of device mem.

08-19-08 11:41 AM
    But that opens the question, how to view them? I am guessing a custom app needs to be designed for that? I'm not sure the built in apps can do anything like that. I might be wrong though.
    08-19-08 11:42 AM
    Just will make it all one application
    08-19-08 11:50 AM
    Let me know when you get that done... I'm sure you're quite the genius

08-19-08 11:53 AM
    I see, good idea. I would help but Java development makes me sick to my stomach.
    08-19-08 11:53 AM

do it, it'll be very kool app
    08-19-08 11:56 AM
    *b*u*m*p*
    *p*m*u*b*
    08-19-08 12:30 PM
    CTLAdvance, are you a coder?
    08-19-08 12:32 PM
    I guess I could look into Java development if I had to. But I really hope I don't have to.
    08-19-08 12:34 PM
    I guess I could look into Java development if I had to. But I really hope I don't have to.
    Come on... you can do it! We're all counting on you
    08-19-08 12:36 PM
    If no one else steps up I might consider it. It's not hard, I just have a philosophical thing against Java coding is all.
    08-19-08 12:38 PM
    Hey JeffH,
    Help me out here... Can't BES admins already do something like this. Not save to media card, but keep a database of messages on a PC.

I'm not a BES admin, so I'm not sure how it's done, but admins can log all messages, so they're going into some kind of database...
    Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
    Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
    • Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
    • BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
    • In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.

Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    08-19-08 12:39 PM
    New program that allows your emails/mms/sms to be saved on your media card and not in the device memory.

I really wish this program existed, how about you? Are there any developers working on this? Think it will be part of any future OS updates?
    It would be nice to have an app like this!!

08-19-08 12:42 PM
    I doubt this is something available to the general public though. Would be nice however...
    08-19-08 12:42 PM
    i think patrick waugh on this site is also a program developer, he developed the cb launcher. This would be a great program though, i like to save as many msgs as possible in case i need to go back to a drunken night and find out what i said to someone lol!
    08-19-08 12:47 PM
    The only security risk being if someone gets your BB, the database won't be erased if they run out of password guesses. Oh well.
    08-19-08 12:51 PM
    Ok, I've given this some thought and I think I will at least give it a try. What the heck, I have nothing but time after work, right?

I am not promising anything though, and don't ask me for progress reports. I will chime in if I have anything significant.
    08-19-08 01:09 PM
    Ok, I've given this some thought and I think I will at least give it a try. What the heck, I have nothing but time after work, right?

I am not promising anything though, and don't ask me for progress reports. I will chime in if I have anything significant.
    what exactly are you hoping to accomplish?
    are you going to try to create something that allows you to save SMS via the media card?
    08-19-08 01:19 PM
    Yes, SMS, MMS and email. Put it into a database that's easy to back up and put a front-end viewer on it.

I will draw up a spec and see what comes of it. I'll post some details once I know what I am looking at.

I'm a first time BB coder, so bear with me if it takes a bit of time to get going full tilt.

I am a professional developer though, so I have a good handle on this stuff, no worries.
    08-19-08 01:26 PM
    Yes, SMS, MMS and email. Put it into a database that's easy to back up and put a front-end viewer on it.

I will draw up a spec and see what comes of it. I'll post some details once I know what I am looking at.

I'm a first time BB coder, so bear with me if it takes a bit of time to get going full tilt.

I am a professional developer though, so I have a good handle on this stuff, no worries.
    Awesome! I wish you luck my friend! Please keep us updated.
    08-19-08 01:31 PM
162 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD