Using the official release of 5.0 and the following app issues have surfaced for me, I see some others users experiencing same issues, I used their recommended fixes and they worked for me, as follows:
    BB msgr disappeared and showed it was "archived" would not appear no matter how many pulls or re-install. Went to options and removed it in the apps list, went to the rim site and downloaded it directly and it worked fine after a battery pull, the bug (for me) seems to be when you download it from App Central. Again delete and download direct from RIM and you should be good. Stop tilt was causing my BB Button to "appear to stick" Removed Stop tilt and good to go. Meter Berry or Quick pull will not work (the reset that simulates battery pull) will not function no matter what permission set up I use. All my other apps I list below work. Some other notes, PERFORM LOTS OF BATTERY PULLS.. after each one, more permission issues came up and were easily solved. Good Luck!! (anyone know of a meter berry fix?)
    Last edited by genenaples; 10-27-09 at 12:22 PM.
    10-27-09 07:01 AM
    Using the official release of 5.0 and the following app issues have surfaced for me, I see some others users experiencing same issues, I used their recommended fixes and they worked for me, as follows:
    BB msgr disappeared and showed it was "archived" would not appear no matter how many pulls or re-install. Went to options and removed it in the apps list, went to the rim site and downloaded it directly and it worked fine after a battery pull, the bug (for me) seems to be when you download it from App Central, again delete and download direct from RIM and your good. Stop tilt was causing my BB Button to "appear to stick" Removed Stop tilt and good to go. Meter Berry or Quick pull will not work (the reset that simulates battery pull) will not function no matter what permission set up I use. All my other apps I list below work. Some other notes, PERFORM LOTS OF BATTERY PULLS.. after each one, more permission issues came up and were easily solved. Good Luck!! (anyone know of a meter berry fix?)

Meterberry is reported by others as working. Don't know what happened to you there.

Quickpull is now available for 5.0. You can get a copy probably in the third party apps section. Make sure you follow the instructions, I downloaded mine yesterday and the free one is better then the old free one was. More like the paid app.

The BBM issue is interesting. When I upgraded from a hybrid .151 based OS to .230 I had no issue. I didn't like .230 and downgraded back to my hybrid. with the release of .323 I upgraded and I lost my BBM and went to www.blackberry.com/messenger and installed that. Then I upgraded to .328 and I had no problems at all with BBM. Very strange. But it's a minor issue for a superior OS.

Any other apps that are having problems with the new OS should be fixed by the developers in the next few days.
    10-27-09 07:15 AM
    The only issue i have is the alarm clock. If you want to set if for 6am you will need to set it at 5:58am then when you hit ok it will change to 6am. Also this morning i tried to set the alarm for 6:20 and if I moved the hour it would only show 12-4 hours. i had this problem with the last 5.0 os also.
    10-27-09 07:26 AM
    I had the same issue with bbm I just deleted from archives in app world and reinstalled worked fine. I downloaded quick pull and adjusted all the permissions to allow still doesn't work. I don't use meter berry so I can't help out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 07:44 AM
    I had the same issue with bbm I just deleted from archives in app world and reinstalled worked fine. I downloaded quick pull and adjusted all the permissions to allow still doesn't work. I don't use meter berry so I can't help out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Interesting. Quickpull works fine for me. Are you sure you got the latest version of quickpull?
    10-27-09 07:47 AM
    Yes, dowloaded quikpull yesterday, so the issue could be something in the permissions. As far as MeterBerry, I know some parts of it work, but reset is not compatitable. Got this note directly from MeterBerry Tech Support this am:

Hello,

MeterBerry's device reset feature is currently incompatible with the 5.0 OS due to an undocumented change to the OS by RIM.

We have already fixed the problem, and will be releasing the fix as part of the next MeterBerry update, which includes some more new features we're quite excited about. This update is almost ready and we plan to release it very soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but whenever a major OS revision is released, us application developers usually need to make some minor tweaks.

Thanks for your patience.

--
    Dan
    10-27-09 07:50 AM
    If you try QuickPull and MeterBerry and they don't work for you, but you want to beable to soft reset your device, then try QuickLaunch. The "Reset Device" function in QuickLaunch does work. Its a manual reboot, with no option to set up scheduled reboots. In QuickLaunch you can find "Reset Device" under "Add Items"/ Application
    Last edited by buckifvr; 10-27-09 at 07:54 AM.
    10-27-09 07:52 AM
    I'll wait for Meterberry. It does everything. Can't wait to see the new features.
    10-27-09 07:57 AM
    Meterberry is reported by others as working. Don't know what happened to you there.

Quickpull is now available for 5.0. You can get a copy probably in the third party apps section. Make sure you follow the instructions, I downloaded mine yesterday and the free one is better then the old free one was. More like the paid app.

The BBM issue is interesting. When I upgraded from a hybrid .151 based OS to .230 I had no issue. I didn't like .230 and downgraded back to my hybrid. with the release of .323 I upgraded and I lost my BBM and went to www.blackberry.com/messenger and installed that. Then I upgraded to .328 and I had no problems at all with BBM. Very strange. But it's a minor issue for a superior OS.

Any other apps that are having problems with the new OS should be fixed by the developers in the next few days.
    Bill, I had the same upgrade expierence with msgr.. so who knows, got it fixed, just read the threads.. I agree a far superior OS.. Thanks for your thoughts
    10-27-09 07:58 AM
    I don't use Meterberry but I do use Quickpull and BBM. I never had any issues with BBM. Mine did not disappear as you said it did to you.

Updated from .167 to 5.0 and it work fine. I had the BBM 5.0 installed on .167 as well.
    10-27-09 08:03 AM
    I installed 5.0 and I have some issues as well. My BBM completely disappeared. Lost all of my contacts as well. Had to do a complete reinstall. My Quickpull doesn't work either. I tried downloading it again and setting all permissions, but still nothing.

I also read the new update was supposed to change some things on your home screen like changing the 1XEV to 3G, didn't happen on mine. Also, it was suppose to give you a "TODAY" option in your menu for your homescreen layout. Haven't found that either. And there was something on the keyboard that was to show what key you were pressing before you pressed it, kind of like on an iphone. Thats not there either.

I love my Storm, but these issues have got me irritated!!
    10-27-09 08:03 AM
    I installed 5.0 and I have some issues as well. My BBM completely disappeared. Lost all of my contacts as well. Had to do a complete reinstall. My Quickpull doesn't work either. I tried downloading it again and setting all permissions, but still nothing.

I also read the new update was supposed to change some things on your home screen like changing the 1XEV to 3G, didn't happen on mine. Also, it was suppose to give you a "TODAY" option in your menu for your homescreen layout. Haven't found that either. And there was something on the keyboard that was to show what key you were pressing before you pressed it, kind of like on an iphone. Thats not there either.

I love my Storm, but these issues have got me irritated!!
    Here is your fix for those two issues, give them a try:

A new native "today" feature is included now as well, simply click the BB button in your applications menu, select "options" and then once you are in the "Home Screen Preferences" screen select "today" in the "Set Home Screen Layout" section.

In the Screen/Keyboard section of your options menu there is a new option called "Popup Keys" This is similar to the popup on the iphones keyboard allowing an easier visual of what key you are clicking on.
    10-27-09 08:12 AM
    One issue I have found with any themes with hidden today feature:
    Touch the calendar icon to bring up the calendar view and the phone freezes, you have to do a battery pull and it takes about 20 minutes for the phone to boot up - sits on the progress screen for a long time and then the Verizon screen for a while. This happened to me on .323 also and I tested it with 3 different themes with hidden today feature. Has anyone else seen this issue? I know that Plazmic needs to be updated for 5.0, but this is really weird that it only happens when highlighting the calendar icon.

Meterberry (except reset) and Berry Weather are working perfectly for me on .328.

I also found that when I first installed .323 that restoring my 3rd party software did not work well - everything was not right so I wiped again and reinstalled everything from scratch and then all was well. So when I installed .328 I did a fresh install of everything which really is not that bad to do since most everything is in my mobihand or appworld account or ota links in my saved messages.
    10-27-09 08:13 AM
    Yikes, Themes with the new OS, have not even went there yet, best of luck Lou
    10-27-09 08:21 AM
    I have not seen the option for the pop up keys since .230.... i didn't have it on .323 or .328.... just me?
    10-27-09 08:35 AM
    I had also lost my BBM 5, after just having upgraded it the day before the offical update. I was able to reinstall it and found my contacts were gone.
    Seeing same issue with MeterBerry and looking forward to the upgrade.
    Also seeing Theme issues with the 2 white bars. I had to go back to the Precision Zen (Default theme on Storm), but normally use Orbital Black with Weather. The fix I saw in the forums (change background image, go to Today, save, and go back to 2 row) was not working for that one.
    I upgraded from the last official release, so the whole operating system is looking new and taking some time to get use to the differences.
    Also had to acknowledge a whole bunch of applications as prefferred safe (not sure I have remembered the wording right there).
    10-27-09 08:45 AM
    This thread is titled OS Bug Report but most of the posts are about apps that don't work. RIM does not make the OS to fit the app. The developers are going to have to re-write code. So actually to test for bugs you need to uninstall all of your apps, run with the default theme, then start reporting.
    10-27-09 08:47 AM
    This thread is titled OS Bug Report but most of the posts are about apps that don't work. RIM does not make the OS to fit the app. The developers are going to have to re-write code. So actually to test for bugs you need to uninstall all of your apps, run with the default theme, then start reporting.
    The title of this thread is New OS Apps Bug Reports..., check again. I don't want to get off on a rant here, but.... this is just another small example of people not taking the time to read the threads (let alone the title correctly) before launching into a comment... I may be new to this forum; however this is not my first technical forum hayride folks. I can't believe how many people in the last 24 hrs of the new OS launch post tirades about RIM or Apps or some other glitch without reading the threads first! Hey that’s what the whole point of this is!! Sometimes their comment is placed right above the solution to their problem!! I know it’s frustrating, and many of you spend hours trying to fix it before going to the forums, and by that time you have lost all patience (let alone your spouse losing all patience with you!) but take a minute and a deep breath and read... Sorry folks, I swear I did not want to get into a rant!! LOL
    Last edited by genenaples; 10-27-09 at 09:28 AM.
    10-27-09 09:05 AM
    I have not seen the option for the pop up keys since .230.... i didn't have it on .323 or .328.... just me?
    You are correct, did not bother to check it until now, so I was wrong, its not on mine either..
    10-27-09 09:40 AM
    Ok, I found the TODAY screen option. Not too impressed with that, but its there. As for the pop-up keys option, it is not in the screen/keyboard options screen. I have looked everywhere and its not there.
    10-27-09 09:47 AM
    I have no pop-up option on mine, either. I've looked and looked because I really wanted this option.
    10-27-09 09:48 AM
    Any idea where my ringtones and alerts went that came with the phone? After OS upgrade last night I have maybe 10 ringtones to choose from...
    10-27-09 09:59 AM
    Any idea where my ringtones and alerts went that came with the phone? After OS upgrade last night I have maybe 10 ringtones to choose from...
    MJ, go to search threads and type in "ringtones dissapeared" you will find a lot of good info there, just tried it and got good results, dont have time to read now though, good luck!
    10-27-09 10:58 AM
    Thanks a lot
    10-27-09 11:03 AM
    anyone turn off your connection, play music, turn on connection after an hour, receive text and phone restarted? Happen to me 3 times.
    10-27-09 11:13 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD