Not sure of this is appropriate as a new post, but just FYI, the new official Facebook Messenger app is compatible with the 9810 and OS7. Its running perfectly on my phone!

Yay!
    10-19-11 04:53 PM
    Runs fine on mine too, except a couple of my contacts avatars won't load.
    Funny thing is that for I don't know how long messages didn't get sent or received correctly in the FB main app, and notifications were absent most of the time. Now ever since I installed the FB messenger app, all these things started to work correctly again.
    But you have to log out of the messenger app to receive the stuff on the main app.
    Last edited by ralfyguy; 10-19-11 at 07:03 PM.
    10-19-11 07:00 PM
    I am using this app on my 9900. But i got one problem. How do i get rid off double notifications?

If i get a message, the messenger app pops up like it should, but the "normal" FB-app also gives me a notification about the new message.
    What am i doing wrong?
    mohawk apple likes this.
    10-20-11 02:58 AM
    I am using this app on my 9900. But i got one problem. How do i get rid off double notifications?

If i get a message, the messenger app pops up like it should, but the "normal" FB-app also gives me a notification about the new message.
    What am i doing wrong?
    Did you log out of the Facebook Chat option in the Facebook app?
    10-20-11 11:17 AM
    No i dont think so.
    10-20-11 11:21 AM
    Then thats while youre getting dual notifications.
    10-20-11 11:24 AM
    Actually in the app help instructions it says that when still logged in, that messages won't run through the main app. This is how it is on mine. When I log out of the messenger app, then messages appear in the main FB app again.
    10-20-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD