Hey guys. New to the forums because of this annoyance. I have a Sprint BB 8330. Myspace app that came with it was great. Red Star on the icon when new message, comment, etc etc. With the new version 1.5 that is now out, upon upgrading, my notifications are now on my email/txt message icons now only. I've tried Deleting and redownloading myspace 1.5, battery pulling, battery pulling after deleting myspace 1.5 then redownloading, and nothing. Could it just be that 1.5 has this new bug? When I log out of myspace 1.5 it says "You sure? Then you wont be notified." WELL I'M NOT BEING NOTIFIED ANYWAY! It's just an annoyance more than anything. The old myspace you just logged in, pressed the hangup button to return to the main BB screen, and a red star would appear when someone messaged me. Now, no more star on myspace icon just the email. Also under profiles and alerts, the myspace rings are still there, but again, this doesnt happen since the app doesnt notify me, only via email. This a problem for anyone else? Am i missing something? Thanks in advance!
    03-15-09 11:36 PM
    Oops, I think I figured this out myself. Apparently theres only a red star notification for new messages and friend requests. Comments and the others you get it via email. Kind of lame that it's split like that but at least I know what's going on now =]
    03-16-09 12:00 AM
    i can't even get the app to work on my curve lol, it shows up in the app list but not on the main screen!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 08:14 PM
    I found it is hit or miss on mine. I will get my email notification I have a new message, but then go online if I don't see my little red star. This has happened more since the update, but happened a couple of times since before I updated. I am baffled!

03-16-09 08:52 PM
    This app is so annoying. The notification icon stays on my screen after I check and clear the notifications. . I have to do a battery pull to get it to go away.
    03-16-09 10:20 PM
    This app is so annoying. The notification icon stays on my screen after I check and clear the notifications. . I have to do a battery pull to get it to go away.
    Try logging in and out from the app. It helped me!

03-16-09 11:20 PM
    i havent ever gotten any sort of notification..i'm so confused!
    03-16-09 11:22 PM
    I think there is a bug in the application. Mine was working fine on the Curve 8900 but when I upgraded I've had loads of problems. I even got a new handset sent to me but it didn't help!!

I'm waiting for another update and hope its better than the last one!!
    05-09-09 05:04 AM
    I don't get any notifications from the myspace app at all. And the only way I can access new messages is if I open and read them on the PC first. I've given up on trying to figure out what the issue is and just check myspace on my iPod Touch instead.

05-09-09 04:16 PM
    kind of weird, i USED to have this problem and then all of a sudden it started working fine....comments, messages, everything. didn't do anything different, just started working randomly...
    05-09-09 08:46 PM
    Well I noticed even when get new emails or notifications on Myspace it doesn't show on the app thru B/B. I had uninstalled/reinstalled it & first couple days it worked fine & then back to same problem with no notifications. Hopefully they are working on it to fix any bug(s).
    05-10-09 03:58 AM
    When I have the email acct. I have listed in FB pushed to my BB, all the notifications in the FB BB app work. When I remove that email acct from the BIS, I've noticed I don't get all of the notifications.

Update: Learned something this morning. I had to go in for a few contacts and Link my contact with their facebook contact. Once I did that, picture profiles, all that appeared. Did this by going to the contact in the FB App, pressing the menu button, and choosing "Link to Blackberry Contact" or something along those lines.

Messages have been working fine.
    Last edited by Mitch R.; 05-11-09 at 08:38 AM.
    05-10-09 05:41 AM
    Hey guys. New to the forums because of this annoyance. I have a Sprint BB 8330. Myspace app that came with it was great. Red Star on the icon when new message, comment, etc etc. With the new version 1.5 that is now out, upon upgrading, my notifications are now on my email/txt message icons now only. I've tried Deleting and redownloading myspace 1.5, battery pulling, battery pulling after deleting myspace 1.5 then redownloading, and nothing. Could it just be that 1.5 has this new bug? When I log out of myspace 1.5 it says "You sure? Then you wont be notified." WELL I'M NOT BEING NOTIFIED ANYWAY! It's just an annoyance more than anything. The old myspace you just logged in, pressed the hangup button to return to the main BB screen, and a red star would appear when someone messaged me. Now, no more star on myspace icon just the email. Also under profiles and alerts, the myspace rings are still there, but again, this doesnt happen since the app doesnt notify me, only via email. This a problem for anyone else? Am i missing something? Thanks in advance!
    You know I've noticed the same thing... Facebook pops for me but I have to go into myspace and CHECK my messages to see if I have new ones... THEN I get an indicator...
    GAWWW
    05-10-09 07:48 AM
    I've gotten ZERO notifications since maybe the holidays! My email is sync'd to my blackberry and I get the notification of a message on there, but the app does not work at all! Anyone know whats going on with it???
    05-14-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD