Couldn't find it posted anywhere, so I apologize if I overlooked it and I'm repeating... GMM v4.51 now available for OTA d/l on my 9650.
    10-21-10 11:06 PM
    first I've heard of it, thanks!
    10-21-10 11:13 PM
    yep got the notice as well. don't notice anything new. i'm on a curve 8330.

you can't find it cause you're in the wrong forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/goo...-5-1-a-541727/
    Last edited by docsmody; 10-21-10 at 11:24 PM.
    10-21-10 11:22 PM
    I just installed the new version on my Torch. During installation it asked me to authorize access to my private files & info. I said no. Will that impact the way it functions?
    10-22-10 09:42 AM
    i wish they had a check for updates function
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-22-10 at 01:59 PM.
    10-22-10 09:45 AM
    Hey guys, i just updated to the new version of Gmaps. Sadly when i restarted i got an Unknown exception error.
    Now BBM is very slow and i dont have the recent conversations area. Google maps also does not pick up a GPS signal for my location anymore.

any ideas???

Unknown exception: APP net_rim_bb_qm_peer (209) is not responding, process will be terminated

I've already deleted and re-installed gmaps with no sucess. Is there anyway to install the previous version of google maps?

Thanks in advance!
    10-22-10 01:54 PM
    Check to make sure all your Google Maps permissions are set to "Allow".
    10-22-10 02:13 PM
    i wish they had a check for updates function
    Amen to that.
    Or how about just notifying us when we sign into Google Maps that there's an update.

Good Luck
    10-22-10 07:28 PM
    Don't update

It won't let you work it offline. This update is out intentionally. Not to let you carry maps with you......

I warned you. Now do whatever you like.
    10-23-10 02:14 AM
    Guys sorry for asking. It is really necessary. I am traveling to another country tomorrow and I want to use Google Maps offline (using the cache)....

PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF GOOGLE MAPS TO DOWNLOAD FOR BB BOLD 9700, WHICH WORKED USING THE CACHE OFFLINE.....IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT.....

Thanks...
    10-23-10 02:27 AM
    Couldn't find it posted anywhere, so I apologize if I overlooked it and I'm repeating... GMM v4.51 now available for OTA d/l on my 9650.
    Also states what's new :

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/goo...-5-1-a-541727/
    10-23-10 03:40 AM
    Bull**** man. This is the worst nightmare. I downgraded to the oldest version but it still complains. Google wanted to make sure that I don�t store their maps in memory or even cache....

Bye Bye Google Maps for Blackberry.....Actually **** you Google.

There are a lot of other Alternatives.

Yahoo! Maps,
    Windows Live Local (MSN Virtual Earth),
    Ask.com,
    Open Street Map.

Athanasis Zorpa.
    10-29-10 12:58 AM
    Amen to that.
    Or how about just notifying us when we sign into Google Maps that there's an update.

Good Luck
    That would have been the best way. but we got crackberry and its almost instant as somebody post the update details
    10-29-10 08:40 AM
    ok guys Im really sick GOOGLE know its app google maps for mobiles has a bug cause Ive read their help support forum,whenever I use gmaps it rarely gives me the exact location, the blue dot is any place but not the real one, it appears a message gps is not available or getting gps signal which it rarely gets it, its pretty slow, I dont see the restaurant or filters in this version, it completely suck It takes too long for giving me a wrong location, sometimes it says that I dont have a data plan when I do, I never had this problem with gmaps on my curve 8310 Right now I own a blackberry 9300 3g and it actually gives me an accurate location in foursquare, bbmaps were installed in my device but they didnt work so I deleted them now I cant get them back, and as for gmaps it totally sucks please help! Is it necessary to have blackberry maps in order to work google maps on my blackberry curve 3 G? CAN someone experimented answer me, Im so desesperate I dont know what to do
    11-03-10 04:27 PM
    Google just releases buggy updates and GM has gps locking problems.

If you reinstall the OS to your PC you can load BBMaps through Desktop Manager.
    11-03-10 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD