I just happened to see this when visiting google.com from my BB. There was a link to get the new "faster" Gmail app. I downloaded it, and sure enough- this thing runs MUCH faster. I can't tell if emails and syncs take place more quickly yet, because I just installed it, but this is definitely encouraging.

Click this link to view Gmail's explanation of the update:

Mobile
    Last edited by MisterB; 03-12-08 at 02:14 PM.
    03-12-08 02:10 PM
    What version is the app? I'm currently using Gmail 1.5.1.
    03-12-08 03:11 PM
    FYI, the new version is: 1.5.1.1090

BTW, the ocean would be shallower without sponges.
    03-12-08 03:20 PM
    So I have a question.

Why should I install the mobile gmail application if I already have my gmail account set up on my bis?

Is there an advantage to using mobile gmail or is it just another different way to get the same thing?

thanks in advance.
    03-12-08 03:28 PM
    I use the application because I can access my gmail contacts thru it.
    03-12-08 03:45 PM
    FYI, the new version is: 1.5.1.1090

I see. Now I have to change my signature.....LOL
    03-12-08 03:47 PM
    I use the application because I can access my gmail contacts thru it.
    ahhh, gotcha. Good point.
    03-12-08 04:03 PM
    So is this actually new or is version 1.51 the same thing?
    03-12-08 04:11 PM
    So I have a question.

Why should I install the mobile gmail application if I already have my gmail account set up on my bis?

Is there an advantage to using mobile gmail or is it just another different way to get the same thing?

thanks in advance.
    The Gmail app lets you view sent items, as well as search your entire "all mail" folder. I've noticed it also syncs up more quickly than the BIS app, in that it updates read, deleted, and sent items more efficiently/quickly. It also lets you view all conversations in a given email, as you would from the Gmail.com web site. It makes it much easier to see previous conversations, than scrolling through pages and pages of previous conversations.
    03-12-08 04:54 PM
    So is this actually new or is version 1.51 the same thing?
    Should be newer. I noticed some major speed increases after installing this latest version. Before, everything I clicked on had to be downloaded first. Now, it seems to pop up instantly.

You may as well just install it. Couldn't hurt. You'll get increased speed, and probably some bug fixes that they may have thrown in under the radar.
    03-12-08 04:55 PM

What the **** does that have to do with this????
    03-12-08 04:56 PM
    Should be newer. I noticed some major speed increases after installing this latest version. Before, everything I clicked on had to be downloaded first. Now, it seems to pop up instantly.

You may as well just install it. Couldn't hurt. You'll get increased speed, and probably some bug fixes that they may have thrown in under the radar.
    It's the same version. When I went to install it it's the same as the one I have installed.
    03-12-08 09:34 PM
    It's the same version. When I went to install it it's the same as the one I have installed.
    Same thing I found out.
    03-12-08 09:35 PM
    I just DL the g-mail maps search sync I think it is faster also

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD