i just updated to the new Facebook today and it is not working with my 9530 running OS 5.0

does anyone have any thoughts

if it cant be fixed how do i downgrade ota?

thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9530 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slott; 04-11-12 at 09:35 AM.
    04-11-12 09:21 AM
    i just updated to the new Facebook today and it is not working with my 9530 running OS 5.0

does anyone have any thoughts

if it cant be fixed how do i downgrade ota?

thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9530 using Tapatalk
    Did you try rebooting and unstalling/reinstalling?
    if not, try a reboot and make sure you have a good connection.
    04-11-12 09:42 AM
    I have tried rebooting several times and reinstalling several times, i also tried to use this version in beta zone and it didnt work either, but there it was easy to downgrade.

is there ota versions of older facebook apps available?

thanks
    04-11-12 09:45 AM
    i'm having the same problem. have un/reinstalled twice (which requires a 10-minute reboot out and back in each time), pulled the batt, toggled the connection, and all the other "tricks" that have been mentioned.

nothing.

so i go to the bb help page on my phone, thinking i can create a tech ticket. nope, need some partner id or something, which i obviously don't have. ok. instead, i'll leave some feedback through the "facebook for blackberry smartphones" feedback tool. again, nope. "you are accessing a help document not existing or not compatible with your device!" is what i get there.

so now i'm sitting at my computer trying to figure out why my phone will no longer login to fb. awesome upgrade you guys.

i've officially hit my limit with this phone. i've waited for a new device for a long time, but my carrier doesn't have any that are worth wasting my upgrade on. something my carrier DOES have is a nice android 4g phone that will absolutely SMOKE my bb (as well as all the "new" bb's that i don't have access to on all the other carriers).

i'm giving it 24 hours. if there's not something done about this, i'm jumping ship. and, i'm sorry to say it here, but i WILL do my best to take the few remaining bb users i know, along with me.

RIM, it's been real. the clock is ticking...
    04-12-12 12:05 AM
    My installation failed twice yesterday. I decided to try and uninstalled FB. Reinstalled again using App World and got the most recent installation without a hitch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-12-12 12:21 AM
    I have tried rebooting several times and reinstalling several times, i also tried to use this version in beta zone and it didnt work either, but there it was easy to downgrade.

is there ota versions of older facebook apps available?

thanks

Go to rroyy.com.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    04-12-12 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD