did anyone encounter problems recieving messages lately?
    ever since i downloaded the new facebook messenger from appworld (the one that has a blue app icon, not the former white one)
    i barely recieve any messages, only every now and then if any at all.

i wonder what the problem might be.
    also i miss the push option in the settings, i could swear it was there before, now i cant find it any more...

any help or experiences appreciated...
    10-24-12 08:43 AM
    When i try to download it, after it finish setup, my BB 9780 restart automatic and keeps in rebooting mode, so i cant even try it out...

I think there is a very big bug in it o it is only to use the best way on a OS7 device....
    10-24-12 08:50 AM
    im on a bold 9790 now os 7.1, it does work but only like every 10th message is pushed through...
    10-24-12 09:13 AM
    Well i use the chat function in the FB app of RIM it self that works fine for me, i have try to download the chat app, but my 9780 is broken down and keeps rebooting....
    10-24-12 09:22 AM
    i whish that worked for me but it doesnt. at least not the way it should.
    10-24-12 09:24 AM
    Two things - first, fb itself seems to be having problems the last couple of days. Second, I find that (oddly enough) the fb Messenger for BB on my phone seems to update better if I have Chat turned ON on my desktop. Go figure. I think it does something to the server notifications if Chat is enabled on your desktop somewhere.

There is another bug that I experience though - messages get TRUNCATED. Someone will send me a message, and I will see the whole message for a second, but when it get updated a second or so later with "Sent from Web" or other such info, part of the message gets cut off. I can then see the whole message again by leaving and re-entering that conversation.

I hope it gets updated and refined a little soon. It is one of the primary ways that I keep in touch with my friend in the Philippines. The "Typing" and "Seen..." and "Sent..." additions were nice though.
    10-24-12 01:41 PM
    did you mean chat turned on in the browser while beeing logged in to facebook or

this: https://www.facebook.com/about/messe...bar_gear_promo

standalone desktop app

because i have chat enabled in chrome all the time, dont need the desktop app...
    10-24-12 01:51 PM
    No, just on in the browser while logged in.
    10-24-12 02:13 PM
    Hm. Makes no difference to me...

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 06:51 AM
    http://db.tt/Ya8NwGrr

that's the version (1.1.218) before the latest one ... i got it back from gibrael on this forum

it works perfectly ..i get my facebook messages right away

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Crackberry's Forum App.
    mirren likes this.
    10-25-12 08:05 PM
    Thanks a lot im right on it, lets see...

10-26-12 09:44 AM
    Thanks a lot im right on it, lets see...

i guess it worked for you?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Crackberry's Forum App.
    10-31-12 04:12 PM
    Actually i did not have to install it, the messenger just startet working again...

Now it does like it should again without me doing anything.

I still downloaded the file to my dropbox just to own it for the next time the ne messenger doesnt work.

11-01-12 02:18 AM
    i dont like the new updated fb messenger as it doesnt update the messages same time...and it doesnt show me lengthy message just only the first five lines....can you send me the link to versions 1.1.214 or .218 id really appreciate it
    04-10-13 12:23 PM
    i'm using v1.1.294 from RIM on BB 7.1 with same issue

any solution?
    09-07-13 10:21 AM
    i'm using v1.1.294 from RIM on BB 7.1 with same issue

any solution?
    I've red looking for Facebook messenger in bb world but cannot find it. Is there a version for bb os 10?or is there a sideboard?

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    09-07-13 11:19 AM
    I had logged out of Facebook on my z10 while I was traveling didn't want any additional charges on my roaming plan n man th improvement on th z10's battery life I cn use my BlackBerry 4 an entire day wit out charging hope BlackBerry can help out on th Facebook battery drain issue

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 01:09 PM
    Instal the old fb messenger version works great

sent from my Blackberry using my fingers
    09-12-13 03:10 PM
    Well well. I bought a 9790 in may 2014, in an attemp to downgrade to a pysical keyboard phone without distractions but decent functionality. now running 7.1 and I tell you its been a hard struggle so far. I was really excited and going from an Iphone 4 that I've had for 3 years. But it has been troublesome. I was most excited for the qwerty keypad now I just want an app that gives me notifications. And I don't want nofications from random apps that are recommended for me to install. The facebook app is horrible. They could atleast tidied it up a little. And a facebook messenger that displays who's actually online instead of a complete list from a to z. I hope that my $200 investment wasn't a complete waste of money. One bright side is the very loud speaker. Battery life I'm finding interesting not sure what I think yet. Could someone point me in the direction of where I could hack this thing. Is there alterntive operating systems or ways I can install a better version of Facebook messenger.
    05-11-14 12:45 PM