my Balckberry stopped receiving notifications after I activate the new facebook messaging system
    02-02-11 07:02 PM
    Try a system restore
    02-02-11 07:40 PM
    Try a system restore
    everything was working well untill y undate to the new facebook message system on the web
    02-02-11 07:54 PM
    everything was working well untill y undate to the new facebook message system on the web
    You tried pulling out the battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 09:14 PM
    Never heard of the new facebook messaging system. haven't seen any recent changes nor do I care about it.

Try a battery pull, remove the facebook for blackberry app from facebook using your computer, then you'll probably receive those notifications.

02-02-11 09:40 PM
    The new Facebook sucks. You are stuck waiting until the next release with the rest of us.

02-02-11 09:41 PM
    Never heard of the new facebook messaging system. haven't seen any recent changes nor do I care about it.

Try a battery pull, remove the facebook for blackberry app from facebook using your computer, then you'll probably receive those notifications.

this is the new message system & url
    I cant post links.
    02-02-11 10:10 PM
    where and how did you get that? I thought I had the latest version of the leaked OS
    02-02-11 10:24 PM
    What usually works is to remove "Facebook for Blackberry" from your computer (at Facebook's site) and re-adding it.
    02-02-11 10:45 PM
    Hmmmmm I just updated to the FB messaging system and I am stil getting my msgs on my BB Tour
    02-02-11 10:46 PM
    I receive notifications for everything... wall post, pokes, friend request etc... but no notifications of new messages
    02-03-11 10:50 AM
    The first facebook app for blackberry was working off emails to get notifications, the latest ones don't and they're not that reliable.
    02-03-11 10:59 AM
    Try reinstalling, I had the same issue and ended up wiping facebook off and re downloading it and it started working.
    02-03-11 12:17 PM
    You can re-install it, but odds are it will work for a bit and stop...me, I just deal with it as it isn't the end of the world.

Same thing happens on my wife's mytouch too, so obviously something on FB's end.

Pirata likes this.
    02-03-11 03:06 PM
    I wipe the phone, install everything and i am still unable to get new message notifications...

Thanks Guys for the answers...
    02-03-11 03:11 PM
    What are the advantages of this new facebook?
    02-03-11 03:29 PM
    I suggest signing up for SMS alerts, that way, you DO get all of your notifications. I have mine setup that way.

02-03-11 07:44 PM
    my Balckberry stopped receiving notifications after I activate the new facebook messaging system
    Which OS is on you're phone. This happened to me as well when I saw a leak BUT didn't take the time to read that it was for OS6 ONLY!!!! Its the only leaked Facebook that I've heard of recently.... Maybe that's what happened to you too.

02-03-11 11:50 PM
    Hmmmmm I just updated to the FB messaging system and I am stil getting my msgs on my BB Tour
    where did you download it from
    02-04-11 03:49 AM
    New version 1.9.0.28 fixes the problem for me, now y get message notifications and deleted messages just disappears...
    03-02-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD