It seems that they are doing more updates on the facebook side to accommodate facebook chat into the blackberry application. If you log into facebook from a computer and look at the additional permissions section under settings for the Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones application, there is a box to check saying 'Log into Facebbok Chat on my behalf.' I don't know if this was there before but I noticed it a few minutes ago when I was changing the settings for another facebook application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 04:40 PM
    ooh... that sounds hott.
    01-13-09 04:44 PM
    It seems that they are doing more updates on the facebook side to accommodate facebook chat into the blackberry application. If you log into facebook from a computer and look at the additional permissions section under settings for the Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones application, there is a box to check saying 'Log into Facebbok Chat on my behalf.' I don't know if this was there before but I noticed it a few minutes ago when I was changing the settings for another facebook application.

Does that really do anything cause I saw it too. But I just that was because I have facebook app on my phone.

01-13-09 04:47 PM
    Does that really do anything cause I saw it too. But I just that was because I have facebook app on my phone.

I was think that since the Facebook 1.5 app is supposed to be out sometime this month, they may be trying to work the facebook chat into the already announced features.

01-13-09 06:45 PM
    Same here. I didn't like how the current app only notifies you of a new mail in your inbox. It should notify you of any post on your wall.
    Mine notifies me of new posts on my wall... You just have to turn the notification for wall posts on through your facebook settings.
    01-13-09 06:49 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD