Why would you want to deal with deleting chats and all that when one click could get you an ordered list of all your BBM convos leaving the real BBM app untouched?
    You don't have to delete or close the active chat before being able to see the history. Just hit the menu key while highlighting either the conversation or the contact's name and select "view chat history". The conversation stays exactly as is was before you 'peeked' at it and you can still open it later to reply.
    01-19-12 01:10 PM
    I'm sorry but why do we have to enable the chat history?
    01-19-12 01:22 PM
    Great app, running fine on my 9700 BerryLicious 6 Hybrid. A suggestion I have is if a contacts chat is left open to have peep it refresh the in app chat to see new messages either on receiving a new msg from the same contact or via a time delay...I suggest this because currently u have to back out of the chat log and re-enter to see any new msgs since u last opened it. This is a minor suggestiong and more for user experience than anything. Also another suggestion is to have bolded names in the lists for chats which get new msgs...u could check file size/hash of the log to accomplish this or simply last entry...but again this is more for user experience.

Also I don't know how well this would work but u could always have a toggle option is to remove the symbols/emoticons from the bbm name if the app can't process it...I understand in some cases ppl only have these as there bbm name so that's y a toggle option would be neccessary....

Keep up the great work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Justam; 01-19-12 at 01:28 PM.
    01-19-12 01:23 PM
    If you are getting an error, try to reboot first. If that doesn't work, please send me your event logs so we can fix the problem.
    Sent in PM. After rebooting, no luck. After uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, and rebooting still no go.
    01-19-12 01:29 PM
    9900 with 7.1.0.205... in fact really stable as opposed to what you opinion may be... got a uncaught exception error, please find screenshot attached

File name: peepit.jpg File size: 83.45 KB
    01-19-12 01:32 PM
    Great app, running fine on my 9700 BerryLicious 6 Hybrid. A suggestion I have is if a contacts chat is left open to have peep it refresh the in app chat to see new messages either on receiving a new msg from the same contact or via a time delay...I suggest this because currently u have to back out of the chat log and re-enter to see any new msgs since u last opened it. This is a minor suggestiong and more for user experience than anything. Also another suggestion is to have bolded names in the lists for chats which get new msgs...u could check file size/hash of the log to accomplish this or simply last entry...but again this is more for user experience.

Also I don't know how well this would work but u could always have a toggle option is to remove the symbols/emoticons from the bbm name if the app can't process it...I understand in some cases ppl only have these as there bbm name so that's y a toggle option would be neccessary....

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the great feedback! Please PM us your PIN and we will get you ready for a free release copy
    Justam likes this.
    01-19-12 01:45 PM
    Sent in PM. After rebooting, no luck. After uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, and rebooting still no go.
    Got your PM and will look into a fix soon. Thanks for the help!
    01-19-12 01:46 PM
    9900 with 7.1.0.205... in fact really stable as opposed to what you opinion may be... got a uncaught exception error, please find screenshot attached

File name: peepit.jpg File size: 83.45 KB
    Thanks for posting this. Would it be possible to get a view of more than just that item--as in the screen or two before and after it? Feel free to PM if you have any sensitive data in there. Also include your PIN if you want free stuff
    01-19-12 01:49 PM
    I have posted an update to the same link which should help with the issues people are seeing on launch.
    01-19-12 02:06 PM
    Just installed it and everything is looking good so far. I'll post any more findings once I actually get some BBMs sent to me today.
    01-19-12 02:12 PM
    And one more quick update to 1.0.2 with a bit more error handling and logging. Give it a try folks!
    01-19-12 02:17 PM
    1.0.2 had same problem. trying 1.0.3 now...

Same issue with 1.0.3 Only notable entry in event log is "E Peep It - Error loading history part :net.rim.de"

Just for kicks I tried ending my chats in BBM and toggling the "Save Chat History" option; no luck. Gotta go for now, but will try it out again later on. Keep me in mind for a free release copy.
    Last edited by peteygrizz; 01-19-12 at 02:48 PM.
    01-19-12 02:42 PM
    ....and 1.0.3 with even more handling. Thanks for the amazing feedback guys, we are really making progress here!
    01-19-12 02:42 PM
    1.0.2 had same problem. trying 1.0.3 now...

Same issue with 1.0.3 Only notable entry in event log is "E Peep It - Error loading history part :net.rim.de"

Just for kicks I tried ending my chats in BBM and toggling the "Save Chat History" option; no luck. Gotta go for now, but will try it out again later on. Keep me in mind for a free release copy.
    You've earned it--thanks for the help!
    01-19-12 02:52 PM
    Trying 1.0.3...............
    01-19-12 02:53 PM
    Works perfectly on my Bold 9900!

Running OS 7.1.0.205
    01-19-12 03:02 PM
    Works perfectly on my Bold 9900!

Running OS 7.1.0.205
    Wait.... it worked for about 10 mins, now getting the Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Let me know if there is an update to fix this, or if I can get a free copy!
    01-19-12 03:11 PM
    Working great on my Bold 9900 AT&T
    01-19-12 03:15 PM
    no luck with v1.0.3
    01-19-12 03:16 PM
    Getting close guys. Some people seem to have some interesting issues we are working out. 1.0.4 is posted, and we will keep working on this issue until it is resolved. This is exactly why the CB community is so great--getting from beta to final will be quick!
    01-19-12 03:18 PM
    running on 9900 with 7.1.0.190

seems good so far. Gave me notification that my settings for save chat needed to be enabled. Did so but it needed to have new chat content before it would show anything. Assuming this is normal behavior. Pop up could state this if you wanted to be explicit around what to expect.
    01-19-12 03:19 PM
    running on 9900 with 7.1.0.190

seems good so far. Gave me notification that my settings for save chat needed to be enabled. Did so but it needed to have new chat content before it would show anything. Assuming this is normal behavior. Pop up could state this if you wanted to be explicit around what to expect.
    Thanks, adding that message to the new version.
    01-19-12 03:21 PM
    Trying 1.0.4......
    01-19-12 03:35 PM
    The app will only show chats that I ended. But the current ones, the ones that I want to open without send the read receipt, only shows a blank page. Help!!

01-19-12 03:37 PM
    The app will only show chats that I ended. But the current ones, the ones that I want to open without send the read receipt, only shows a blank page. Help!!

Please PM us your event log. Are those chats new since you enabled chat history?
    01-19-12 03:38 PM
185 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD