Hi, Got my first blackberry a few weeks ago and I'm looking for some aps that are useful and/or keep me entertained. After reading a few of the previous threads on here Quick launch seemed to be to be hailed as one of the best apps, and I have to agree, money well spent. I also just downloaded beweather and think that its great too.

Any other essential apps?
    06-18-11 11:33 AM
    For business users that refer to Word, Excel, PPT, I think Documents to Go Professional is well worth the bucks ( quids ). For fun, I also enjoy Pinball Deluxe, Kindle ( I have a Torch with a larger screen ) for ebooks and Barcode Assistant. If you post more specifically what you plan to use your phone for, I'm sure others will be able to give you some more suggestions. Good luck and enjoy!
    Last edited by tgellr; 06-18-11 at 12:33 PM.
    06-18-11 12:30 PM
    For business users that refer to Word, Excel, PPT, I think Documents to Go Professional is well worth the bucks ( quids ). For fun, I also enjoy Pinball Deluxe, Kindle ( I have a Torch with a larger screen ) for ebooks and Barcode Assistant. If you post more specifically what you plan to use your phone for, I'm sure others will be able to give you some more suggestions. Good luck and enjoy!
    I'm not using my phone for business, just a casual owner, so just looking for anything interesting - mostly to keep me occupied while commuting to work. I'll give pinball deluxe a try, after I've finished with room escape, currently pulling my hair out with this game, quite frustrating, thanks for your help
    06-18-11 01:21 PM
    Check out Vlingo. I know it's pricey, so try out the free version before you commit to the $20 for Vlingo Plus. I also like Pinball Deluxe. Give BerryBuzz a try it's great for customizing notifications. I also like MyCart, a free list app that has some great options.
    06-18-11 01:47 PM
    Tune In radio is the only radio app need IMHO, it has both broadcast and internet streams, great app.
    Pinball Deluxe is very good too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 02:12 PM
    Check out Vlingo. I know it's pricey, so try out the free version before you commit to the $20 for Vlingo Plus. I also like Pinball Deluxe. Give BerryBuzz a try it's great for customizing notifications. I also like MyCart, a free list app that has some great options.
    Thanks, I downloaded bebuzz earlier, haven't had a chance to set it up yet though.
    06-18-11 02:17 PM
    With QuickLaunch make sure to use the backup feature. Having the ability to restore an app and settings with a couple of clicks is priceless.

BlackBerry Protect! Set it up to back your information up in case you lose your device, or get it wet, or anything that can happen to a mobile device. Imagine you've just gotten a replacement, download the app, log in, restore, and you're back in business. Set it up to back up automatically, daily, weekly, or monthly.

Font Collection- change the look of your font as you feel the need.

Fancy Characters-great if you like more emoticons or symbols in BBM, Text, etc.

Tiny Meter-a nice app to monitor power usage and temperature of your device, plus some other features. (free)

06-18-11 03:30 PM
    With QuickLaunch make sure to use the backup feature. Having the ability to restore an app and settings with a couple of clicks is priceless.

BlackBerry Protect! Set it up to back your information up in case you lose your device, or get it wet, or anything that can happen to a mobile device. Imagine you've just gotten a replacement, download the app, log in, restore, and you're back in business. Set it up to back up automatically, daily, weekly, or monthly.

Font Collection- change the look of your font as you feel the need.

Fancy Characters-great if you like more emoticons or symbols in BBM, Text, etc.

Tiny Meter-a nice app to monitor power usage and temperature of your device, plus some other features. (free)

Blackberry protect sounds great, just checked it out, surprised to see that it is free considering everything that it can do. Thanks for the info about QuickLaunch too, I'm finding this app to be more useful by the day!
    06-18-11 04:01 PM
    Here's are the apps I use daily:
    Calendar Pro $
    BerryReader $
    QuickLaunch $
    Iconify $
    CNBC Pro $
    ScoreMobile
    Google Mobile App
    SplashID $
    BlckBerry Protect
    MyFitnessPal
    Muscial Clock
    OurGroceries
    BBM
    Bloomberg Mobile
    Fidelity Anywhere
    BerryPopUp $

Good Luck
    06-18-11 09:53 PM
    Here's are the apps I use daily:
    Calendar Pro $
    BerryReader $
    QuickLaunch $
    Iconify $
    CNBC Pro $
    ScoreMobile
    Google Mobile App
    SplashID $
    BlckBerry Protect
    MyFitnessPal
    Muscial Clock
    OurGroceries
    BBM
    Bloomberg Mobile
    Fidelity Anywhere
    BerryPopUp $

Good Luck
    06-20-11 02:45 PM
    some that I use on a daily basis not already mentioned

BerryMeter $
    UberSocial
    LeaveItOn $
    SpiderSolitaire $
    Pandora
    Fandango
    ShowMetheImages $
    Foursquare
    Wordpress
    Getglue
    ESPN Mobile Launcher
    06-20-11 03:09 PM
    Here are my most used!

Quicklaunch
    VersaTool (really only for the shortcut to search google and wikipedia since the VZW blackberries go right to Bing...)
    Facebook and Twitter
    Skype Mobile
    BerryWeather (amazing weather app, a bit pricey though)
    VLingo (really cool for voice search and stuff)
    Google Maps
    Blackberry Travel and Blackberry Traffic
    ScoreMobile (if your a sports fan)
    Poynt (great for local searches and movie info/buying tickets)
    Urbanspoon
    Shazam
    Pandora
    Photobucket Mobile
    PhotoEditorPro (great to crop and sharpen images taken on your device)
    Leave It On (shows a pop up for emails, bbms, texts, facebook messages, etc etc. Really cool since you get the pop-up info and you can then preview the message right from your homescreen)
    Capture IT (screenshot app)
    BerryBuzz (LED indicator color changer)
    06-20-11 06:20 PM
    Skype Mobile
    SM,

What exactly does Skype Mobile do?
    Since none of the BB phones have front facing cameras, I'm assuming that you can only use it for internet/wifi calling. Is that right? And does that cost anything?

Can you connect with someone in Europe assuming they have Skype and does that cost anything.

TIA
    06-20-11 08:36 PM
    SM,

What exactly does Skype Mobile do?
    Since none of the BB phones have front facing cameras, I'm assuming that you can only use it for internet/wifi calling. Is that right? And does that cost anything?

Can you connect with someone in Europe assuming they have Skype and does that cost anything.

TIA
    The Skype Mobile I have was pushed to my device by Verizon. Like you said, since there is no front camera, you can't vid chat.
    But if you have a Skype account you can make calls through it (which costs $, but it goes through your account). Main thing I use it for is the Skype chat (IM client) though.
    06-21-11 04:48 PM
    The Skype Mobile I have was pushed to my device by Verizon. Like you said, since there is no front camera, you can't vid chat.
    But if you have a Skype account you can make calls through it (which costs $, but it goes through your account). Main thing I use it for is the Skype chat (IM client) though.
    Tks for the info SM

Good Luck
    06-21-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD