Hello there!
    First time poster having just joined, and having only recently gotten myself a Blackberry Curve 8900 - which I love.

Am new to the world of Apps, but I have an idea for one that I think could be developed on BB and other mobile phones.

Basically I need some advice as I have NO developer skills at all.

If I have an idea for an app (as millions of people seem to do), what should I do to progress it into something real.

The app itself would require a lot of research and data entry from me in the first place, but am hoping that once up and running, users could upload to it and be involved in updating it.

Dont want to give too much away as I am a novice, but would love to speak to someone who has some more experience with this.

Thanks!
    Sims
    09-18-09 07:49 AM
    may find more info, for now... with just searching around other places - just to get an idea of what it takes to start off with making one?
    Let me google that for you
    09-18-09 08:21 AM
    Thank you, that was ever so helpful.

What I hinted at in my post, is that I want advice and opinions of people in the know - I want to bounce some ideas off someone.

I am quite familiar with the process of searching a topic on google. Had that solved my problems, I would not have posted on here.

Thanks anyway though...
    09-18-09 08:39 AM
    You may also want to post this in the 3rd party applications forum...
    09-18-09 09:21 AM
    OK perhaps a more specific question
    If I have a 'database' of information on certain products, and want to incorporate this into an application for mobile users, how would I go about doing this?
    I want an app that allows users to search products in a given category, read characteristics, details etc and potentially comment.
    Anyone who can provide guidance?
    09-18-09 02:28 PM
    OK perhaps a more specific question
    If I have a 'database' of information on certain products, and want to incorporate this into an application for mobile users, how would I go about doing this?
    I want an app that allows users to search products in a given category, read characteristics, details etc and potentially comment.
    Anyone who can provide guidance?
    Obviously best to keep it as a database on a server and you could then call on certain information within the app itself using HTTP or a Socket connection, all depends on how you want the user to interact as well, if you want users to be able to comment on an item from the app, again keep it all server based obviously so that when a user makes a comment it gets updated to the server straight away.. You'll need to figure out the best way to "cache" some data on to the device as well as the sounds of it, it could be a pretty data intensive app.
    09-18-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD