I picked up a Bold 9900 yesterday coming from Android. This is my first ever BlackBerry so I'm still getting used to it all. ****, I'm not even used to typing on the keyboard yet!

Do you guys have any recommended apps for BlackBerry users? Specifically I'm looking for productivity apps that can allow me to jot down ideas, tasks, and appointments very quickly. I'm also looking for a battery report app that can tell me things like how long the phone has been off the charger. I looked briefly in App World and most of them costed money.

If you have any other tips for a new BB user, let me know!
    09-02-11 12:24 AM
    try six tools its 2.99 but there a free trail im not sure how long it lasts but ive had it for a week now I think the trail last forever but has less features?
    09-02-11 12:27 AM
    The stock Memos, Tasks and Calendar are already easy and quick to work with, especially if you learn the shortcuts. One of my favorite test is how long it takes to enter an event on a particular device calendar. It's very fast on the Blackberry.

If those are not enough, for note taking and task management, I recommend ToDoMatrix, IdeaMatrix and RexConnect by Rexwireless: REXwireless - BlackBerry Software for Productivity and Success

They're a bit pricey and the UI is a bit stale, but very efficient to work with, and they have a web backup service. They're unbeatable in my opinion.
    Last edited by synthmole; 09-02-11 at 01:06 AM.
    09-02-11 12:57 AM
    BeBuzz is the best (and only) app I've paid for and it's great, you can change LED notifications for anything you want. I can't live without it and one of the reasons I stuck with a blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 04:55 AM
    double post (was posted out of order)
    Last edited by Core_Frequency; 09-12-11 at 05:50 PM.
    09-12-11 01:45 PM
    Google Maps
    Berry Weather
    Google Sync
    =if you want to enter calender entries from the computer and sync it to phone OR even back up your calender on the phone, you can use a Google account to do this.

Telicost, this is a free app that keep track of your data, voice and other usages of the phone. It also can be programmed to warn you when you reach your monthly limit. Highly customization by user and it is free.
    09-12-11 02:15 PM
    The nice thing is you can redownload your paid apps on your new device when you upgrade..... usually..... I have hade wifile transfer on three different BBs.
    09-12-11 04:40 PM
    I tried to buy sixtools fro 2.99 from appworld but it keeps rejecting my cc (I tried different ones)... and the crackberry appstore has it for a dollar more wish I could get that price...

like others have saida full version of BeBuzz is a must

BeWeather is good too but I only have the free version
    09-12-11 05:03 PM
    I tried to buy sixtools fro 2.99 from appworld but it keeps rejecting my cc (I tried different ones)... and the crackberry appstore has it for a dollar more wish I could get that price...

like others have saida full version of BeBuzz is a must

BeWeather is good too but I only have the free version
    Have you tried Paying for it via your Paypal account?
    09-12-11 05:15 PM
    yeah everything gives me errors.... Both the android market work and the appstore (both mac app store and ios)

That's what happened when I tried to buy bebuzz from appworld... gave me errors and I ended up buying it at the crackberry appstore but that was ok since they both were the same price...
    09-12-11 05:31 PM
    I'm a cheap bastid. I have NEVER purchased an app. Here is what I would recommend to my fellow tight-wads:

BeWeather Free
    Tune In Radio Free
    Slacker Free
    Pandora Free
    Flixster
    ScoreMobile
    XPRSS
    Poynt
    Endomondo Free
    Wikitude
    BeBuzz Free
    Restart Me

I have more than that, but felt this would be a fairly high-level, lowest common denominator list.

I'm not listing out games because everyone likes different stuff. I play Jumbles! All the time and was created by someone on this forum. Also, frequently visit cb.com on the front page. They always have contests/giveaways for apps.

09-12-11 05:31 PM
    and the crackberry appstore has it for a dollar more wish I could get that price...
    Fixed it up, it's now $2.99
    Core_Frequency likes this.
    09-12-11 05:43 PM
    Bebuzz (make the LED even more useful. I don't even have to pick up my phone and I can see from the different LED colors what has been pushed to my phone, like texts, bbm, emails, weather alerts, etc)
    BeWeather (best weather app imo. I use it with my cell location so I always get weather based on my current location)
    Facebook (duh)
    Twitter (duh)
    Pandora (DOUBLE DUH)
    Huffington Post (gotta stay informed)
    Layar/wikitude (gotta stay entertained)

09-12-11 05:45 PM
    Fixed it up, it's now $2.99
    awesome thanks

when I try to check out it still says 3.99. Maybe I got to give it a few minutes
    09-12-11 05:49 PM
    awesome thanks

when I try to check out it still says 3.99. Maybe I got to give it a few minutes

You could try refreshing the product page, if it's in your cart already you may need to delete it and re-add it again.
    09-12-11 06:06 PM
    Quick Launch
    Poynt + Google Maps
    Score Mobile
    Weather Channel (or Weather Bug)

Trying out flashlight but that app used to freeze up my Storm - jury out on this one.
    09-12-11 06:11 PM
    thanks for all the recommendations. I too am a cheap person. I have an ipod touch and the only app i bought was words with friends but i used an itunes gift card for that =D

I never even bought an app while on my droid X.

but with BB, i feel more compelled to support the developers so i might buy apps sooner rather than later.
    09-12-11 06:18 PM
    You could try refreshing the product page, if it's in your cart already you may need to delete it and re-add it again.
    Tried it. Still says 3.99 when I tried to check out. Even tried a different browser. Looks like someone doesn't want me to buy it haha
    09-12-11 06:22 PM
    OK it worked just waiting on the email with the link
    09-12-11 07:20 PM
    The better the browser, the less need for apps :P

09-12-11 07:37 PM
    The nice thing is you can redownload your paid apps on your new device when you upgrade..... usually..... I have hade wifile transfer on three different BBs.
    09-12-11 08:40 PM
    Opera Mini browser
    TapaTalk (forums app)
    Sugarsync if you need to sync files from your phone to your PC/Mac.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-12-11 09:02 PM
    BlackBerry travel

09-12-11 09:10 PM
    Poynt is my favorite app on BlackBerry and its free!
    09-12-11 09:35 PM
    Blackberry Protect !! Free. App is from RIM themselves. Works flawlessly.

Backsup your messages, contacts, task, memos etc etc.. Can be programmed to backup daily or weekly or monthly. Backup is quick too after the first time you backup because after that, the backups are incremental only.

You also have the ability to lock your phone, make it ring (even if the phone is on vibrate mode), and TRACK your phone down via GPS.. in the event that you lose your phone. Or stolen.
    09-12-11 11:12 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD