Ok I am having fun playing and just figured out how to shut off data when leaving the country but keep ph on.

What other neat things do you guys have set up or do ??

Also I cannot find any FREE streaming news or radio sites any ideas ??

Also this one station I like says " listen now" and works fine on my laptop but when I click it on the BB nothing ever comes on ?? Its WHAM radio out of Rochester NY.

Maybe you guys can try it, I had to chg browers from BB to Internet Ex to view but still no good ??

Thanks guys !
    11-28-09 12:55 PM
    Ok I am having fun playing and just figured out how to shut off data when leaving the country but keep ph on.

What other neat things do you guys have set up or do ??

Also I cannot find any FREE streaming news or radio sites any ideas ??

Also this one station I like says " listen now" and works fine on my laptop but when I click it on the BB nothing ever comes on ?? Its WHAM radio out of Rochester NY.

Maybe you guys can try it, I had to chg browers from BB to Internet Ex to view but still no good ??

Thanks guys !
    Welcome to crackberry! I would suggest you check out the 101 lecture series linked in my signature. It should get you caught up on "must have" info related to your berry. Free streaming radio try Slacker or Pandora. Please though do NOT ask which one is better (it has been asked a lot) but you can search the forums for those threads and get the different opinions. Here's your links for them both...

Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music
    Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations
    11-28-09 01:35 PM
    Slacker seems to be all music, m looking for news or talk radio ??

Also why do some video clips NOT play ?? Says unsupported ???
    11-28-09 02:58 PM
    iHeartRadio (clear channel broadcasting):Your iPhone & BlackBerry are Now Radios - iheartradio.com 350+ Radio Stations, Videos & More

Moodio (streams AM/FM radio): Not logged in | Moodio

i use Moodio to listen to CNN, BBC and Howard Stern.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 03:14 PM
    As for other cool things:

DriveSafe.ly

DriveSafe.ly is a service that
    makes TXTing and E-Mail safe while driving.

Here's what it offers:

* A service that reads your TXT and E-Mails out loud.
    * An Auto-Responder for TXT and E-Mails.
    * The best premium voices.

BerryBuzz is useful!

BerryBuzz extends your default Blackberry alert system. BerryBuzz allows you to customize the LED color and create repeating audible reminders for many alert types.

It will repeat alerts until acknowledged so you will never miss an alert again.

i use Poynt a lot!

11-28-09 03:18 PM
    I will try it, thanks

Why wont some video clips play ??

Someone said the I Phone will play EVERYTHING from every site ?? True or false ??
    11-28-09 03:19 PM
    when I see WiFi lit on the upper right, ( I have wirless internet at home) do I have to disable ATT Edge or does WiFi just over write it ??

I found an app for CBS radio for BB and they sent the link to my laptop and BB. I open it with the LP and it opens right up, with the BB it takes 3 minutes is this right ???
    11-28-09 03:47 PM
    got the apps to download, still cannot find ANY streaming talk/news radio I can listen to. There has to be a way, the site I try to go to says "not supported" What can I do to support it so it will work or am I wasting my time.

Thank you
    11-28-09 05:34 PM
    Moodio has a ton of talk/new radio. You need to open a Moodio account on your computer, then search for talk stations. Then add those stations to your playlist.

Then open moodio.fm on your BlackBerry, using the BlackBerry browser with the emulation mode set to BlackBerry.

i know for sure Moodio has talk and news stations available.

11-28-09 05:56 PM
    Try nobex radio. You can get a lot of streaming stations. Its in the app world.

11-28-09 06:52 PM
    i use iheartradio all the time to listen to a few stations in florida (i'm in ny now).. works fine.
    11-28-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD