Hello everyone! I'm very new to Blackberry world (But loving every second of it! I now know what I've been missing and will NEVER have a different smart phone ) and my apologies if I come off as "novice" in anyway. I'm well versed in electronics & technology, and a quick learner so don't feel the need to "dumb down" any responses. Thank you!

I just got my Verizon Wireless Tour 9630 running OS v5.0.0.591. I did purchase the phone 2nd hand via Criagslist, but the ESN was clean and it was activated with no problem. Per the seller, the phone is only weeks old.

I'm getting DirecTV and have attempted to download the DVR Scheduling App. I went to m.directv.com and downloaded the appropriate version. When I run it I get the following error message: error starting dvrscheduler:module 'dvrscheduler-27' not found.

I've attempted installing & running; installing, battery pull, running. Same message. Can I get insight in what you think I may be doing wrong? Thank you all in advance for any help!!!
    05-16-10 08:43 PM
    Sounds like it's not downloading the entire file. I would see if they have the option to download to your computer and then downloading to your phone through USB connection. If that doesn't work or they don't have that option then contact DirectTV. Do you already have the DirectTV set up at home? It may not initiate the app until you have your DirectTV activated. Just my thoughts.
    05-17-10 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the info! I think that suggestion one seems more likely, as you are not asked for any type of login or account credentials before downloading the program, so I don't believe it's just not "activated" yet. I'll try the first route. Thanks very much for your help!

PS: Further googling has shown that a LOT of people are having issues getting DTV Scheduler to work on Blackberriers. Apparently there is some bad blood between DTV & RIM... *Things that make ya go 'Hmmmm"
    05-17-10 08:29 AM
    I had the same issue. I kept launching the app a few more times and I finally got through. Good luck.
    05-17-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD