Am I slow or is this not supported on the 8900? I see a lot of devices listed, including Curves, but no 8900 listed as available for download
    05-20-09 09:21 AM
    does anyone know how to fix the network connection error?
    05-20-09 09:54 AM
    It works! It works! It works!!! Woo HOOOOOO! Now I can finally sell my old Axim on ebay.
    05-20-09 03:10 PM
    I've downloaded the app to my 9530 (.141) and I've added 3 complete Audible books to the Blackberry device using the AudibleManager app. But when I open the app on the Storm and select local audiobooks, I've got nothing. Any ideas?? Clearly I'm doing something wrong.
    I closed the APP and then restarted the APP.
    05-20-09 03:39 PM
    It works! It works! It works!!! Woo HOOOOOO! Now I can finally sell my old Axim on ebay.
    Now in terms of audio, my storm can do everything that I could do on my ipod.
    05-20-09 03:40 PM
    I have tried adding books both ways and nothing is showing under local libraries. I can see that they're in the right place on the data card but can't get to them through the app.
    I have the exact same problem.
    05-20-09 07:36 PM
    I've downloaded the app to my 9530 (.141) and I've added 3 complete Audible books to the Blackberry device using the AudibleManager app. But when I open the app on the Storm and select local audiobooks, I've got nothing. Any ideas?? Clearly I'm doing something wrong.
    Your not doing nothing wrong. The software is just complete and utter crapware. I talked to them on the phone about the numerous issues and though they where nice and gave me a $5 credit, they where seemingly oblivious to the problems saying they had only one complaint. I told them to go to the various forums. So, where to begin........

No landscape support.

Loses local files no matter which method you use to upload.

Almost total failure rate on downloads direct to the phone.

Will not load without being able to make and internet connection.

Does not use standard Blackberry shortcuts, not even the obvious ones like the back button.

No way to tell if a book in the library is completely there. I thought the trash can would have been and indicator, but if a file is incomplete or corrupt regardless it freezes up the app with no way to back out of your mistake. Total fail there. You can get out of the app, but it continues running in the backround frozen sucking down memory at and alarming rate.

*As a side note to last, on the rare occasion it works properly memory use is negligible. Credit where credit is due.

Will not use bluetooth remote. I mean, c'mon folks. Other apps may not either (Podtrapper) but at least they give you the option of using the buttons on the phone for useful things like pausing and starting. That program was written by a kid in his basement and is light years ahead of this garbage. Hopefully audible is as responsive to their customers needs as he is. They of course do this for their day job.

Slow. Really slow.

I appreciate that their customer service seems to care, but this app is worse than the crappy firmware our phones originally came with. If anyone else is as unhappy as me let them know by phone. You get and actual American so they do speak your language. It ain't gonna get fixed if people don't let them know and at 8 to 23 bucks a month it should work. Though they are and internet company they apparently don't use the internet too often there so a call may be the only way.

I will say this right now on the off chance one of their engineers actually makes it into a forum. As a long time Audible customer, I'm tired of apps for my devices that make it all but unusable on anything but my computer. The only thing their software seems to run good on is the Ipod/Iphone and the computer. Works like crap on my TomTom, my Garmin, my Omnia and my Storm. Get with the program or your gonna lose a customer with 2 Platinum accounts. You didn't have any complaints because most people downloaded, saw how bad it was and uninstalled it without ever making a complaint. For gods sakes your Amazon. Apple is your competition, not your friend. Support the devices that eat them up, not the devices that make them stronger.

And yes they got the same complaint on there own forum/customer service if thats what you call it.
    05-20-09 09:36 PM
    I agree with most of your observations.

I also have not had much success with audible support.
    05-20-09 11:17 PM
    I'm gonna have to agree that this app needs some serious re-thinking. I was wondering about the internet access question because that will make it impossible to listen to books when on a road trip where cell service may be sketchy.

Guess I'm back to my iPod but I will call and let them know.
    05-20-09 11:19 PM
    Your not doing nothing wrong. The software is just complete and utter crapware. I talked to them on the phone about the numerous issues and though they where nice and gave me a $5 credit, they where seemingly oblivious to the problems saying they had only one complaint. I told them to go to the various forums. So, where to begin........

No landscape support.

Loses local files no matter which method you use to upload.

Almost total failure rate on downloads direct to the phone.

Will not load without being able to make and internet connection.

Does not use standard Blackberry shortcuts, not even the obvious ones like the back button.

No way to tell if a book in the library is completely there. I thought the trash can would have been and indicator, but if a file is incomplete or corrupt regardless it freezes up the app with no way to back out of your mistake. Total fail there. You can get out of the app, but it continues running in the backround frozen sucking down memory at and alarming rate.

*As a side note to last, on the rare occasion it works properly memory use is negligible. Credit where credit is due.

Will not use bluetooth remote. I mean, c'mon folks. Other apps may not either (Podtrapper) but at least they give you the option of using the buttons on the phone for useful things like pausing and starting. That program was written by a kid in his basement and is light years ahead of this garbage. Hopefully audible is as responsive to their customers needs as he is. They of course do this for their day job.

Slow. Really slow.

I appreciate that their customer service seems to care, but this app is worse than the crappy firmware our phones originally came with. If anyone else is as unhappy as me let them know by phone. You get and actual American so they do speak your language. It ain't gonna get fixed if people don't let them know and at 8 to 23 bucks a month it should work. Though they are and internet company they apparently don't use the internet too often there so a call may be the only way.

I will say this right now on the off chance one of their engineers actually makes it into a forum. As a long time Audible customer, I'm tired of apps for my devices that make it all but unusable on anything but my computer. The only thing their software seems to run good on is the Ipod/Iphone and the computer. Works like crap on my TomTom, my Garmin, my Omnia and my Storm. Get with the program or your gonna lose a customer with 2 Platinum accounts. You didn't have any complaints because most people downloaded, saw how bad it was and uninstalled it without ever making a complaint. For gods sakes your Amazon. Apple is your competition, not your friend. Support the devices that eat them up, not the devices that make them stronger.

And yes they got the same complaint on there own forum/customer service if thats what you call it.
    Good feedback. However, I am just pleased that there is finally a software release that (barely) works! We have finally caught up with my Treo from 2003!
    Thanks for the heads up on this!
    05-21-09 01:31 PM
    I'm a charter Audible member & using the "workaround" app was less than satisfying. A few issues/comments:

Having only portrait is fine with me, however there's lots of unused real estate so why the extremely small font for the current place in the book section? It could be many times larger and readable.

After a battery pull I needed to re-communicate to the network in order to continue, otherwise my only option was to end the application. Once I re-established com I needed to start all over and FF to where I left off [hence the need to actually be able to see the placement].

It would be nice if the mute/pause "external" button worked so that the Storm could be in a holster/case/pocket and not need to be removed to hit the pause button

I'm also getting a slight "hiccup" every few minutes. I downloaded to my PC and xfered via DT so it isn't a OTA issue. Any suggestions?
    05-21-09 01:33 PM
    sh*t... Now my streaming WSJ is skipping... I'll give it more time...
    05-21-09 01:33 PM
    Anyone else realize there are no Bookmarks. I was in the middle of an audiobook when I download the app and "forwarded" to where I had left off from another device. Long story short, had to do a battery pull and when went back into Audible, book now back at beginning. As frequently as battery pulls necessary, this is going to be highly frustrating. Any work arounds?
    05-21-09 03:00 PM
    I had problems connecting to App with error message reporting I had no network connection. Solution was to add an APN value.

On my Bold here in toronto on Rogers network this meant:

Options->Advanced Options-> TCP ->APN: internet.com

Bye for now.
    Luke
    05-21-09 05:55 PM
    That program was written by a kid in his basement
    Hey! I resemble that!

I've actually tried emailing Audible multiple times to add support for their files/drm to podtrapper without luck. I think I could add awesome support for real audio books if only I could play back their files.

-Marcus
    VersatileMonkey.com
    05-21-09 08:52 PM
    This app serioulsy blows! Never works, always freezes. I tried to then sync the book I got and it doesnt work with the storm. It says its there but will not play.
    Last edited by vzwty; 05-22-09 at 11:49 AM.
    05-22-09 11:05 AM
    I have tried the new audible app for a couple of days now. It has a few issues I hope get fixed soon. the old version would immediatly load the book you are listening to and start play back where you left off. This version loads (slowly) to the main screen and you have to click to my library, then to local library and then to your book again. Too many clicks. The bookmark function seems to have disappeared also. It doesn't pickup my bluetooth headset. (It did once, then never again). If you leave the app with the escape (back) button after stopping playback, it will randomly start playing later on, like in the middle of the night.
    So it seems to need more work. I wish I didn't delete the old version, it was working just fine.
    05-22-09 07:29 PM
    Without the ability to bookmark this APP is useless.

Very disappointed - back to my ipod
    05-22-09 07:40 PM
    I e-mailed audible a link to this thread. I hope they read it.

I really don't have an interest to stream audiobooks. If I could simply play them on my Storm from the memory card like I can on an ipod it would be great.
    05-23-09 09:11 AM
    I bet there were different people: [1] that designed the nice icon, & [2] the person/people who designed the application that don't use the Storm! [or maybe don't care if loyal subscribers might migrate to MP3 alternatives].
    An update: This AM Audible unilaterally decided to stop some 6+ hours into my book and start from the beginning!!! I had to guess where it left off [& barely able to read the hours/minutes into the book with the <4 point font!]. Also the 'hickup" I previously mentioned seems to be "buffering", just why is beyond my comprehension as it NEVER did this with any other device I've used and it's very distracting as it's every couple of minutes [and no, I'm not running any other applications].
    Last edited by Myronbg; 05-25-09 at 12:59 PM.
    05-24-09 02:28 PM
    Yes, this app just plain sucks. I am soooo dissapointed after waiting for months and months....
    Multiple skips, and rewinds... bookmarking non existant.
    I'm going to have to finally cancel my audible.com subscription after being a faithful subscriber for years...
    05-26-09 10:48 AM
    So today Audible decided to start in some random place. Here's a big issue [for me], the books I listen to are usually > 10 hours, so it's in 2 or more parts. This app takes each part and makes them into "sections" each with their individual time. [1] you need to remember which section your in as it's not noted, as well [2] as the time within. I left off yesterday 6 hours into 6:35 [the end of part 1]. Today it started @ 2:15... and obvious not the last section. So I need to jump to the next section... play it a bit and then fast forward until I found my place. Previous contributors mentioned the bookmark issue... this is the consequences... Come on Audible... our issues are no brainers!
    05-26-09 11:58 AM
    Ditto from Charleston, SC. Just STARTING to listen is a 5 minute experience of clicking and waiting. STOPPING listening is another 2 minute experience because the app has to connect to the server to HOPEFULLY bookmark your stopping place. Back to the ipod. I wish Verizon had an iPhone. I'd seriously consider a switch.
    05-26-09 12:21 PM
    Just found the answer. This is from Audible's user guide from their website:
    It fixes not only the "tunnel" problem, but other initial connection problems too. It does NOT apply to Verizon phones.

audible.custhelp.com
    -----------------
    If you receive any of the folllowing error messages when attempting to login to AudibleAir on your blackberry, the APN settings on your blackberry are incorrect.
    � Could not open tunnel - failed
    � Failed - could not open tunnel
    � Open tunnel failure
    � Invalid tunnel name

1. To resolve this issue, go to Menu/Settings/Options/Advanced Options/TCP and verify if the APN, username, and password corresponds to the settings in the list below for your provider. If the username and/or password field is blank in the list below, leave it blank on their phone as well.

For my TMobile it was:
    T-Mobile(US) - wap.voicestream.com

I get an error on my Storm. It is telling me to establish a "Network" connection???
    05-28-09 09:07 AM
    While it was downloading, I noticed another glitch - if you have a book paused, or stopped in the Player, incoming message alerts appear to resume playback, even if you are not in the Audible app.
    Yes, this 'feature' is very annoying...embarrassing at times depending upon the nature of the audio book you are listening to and the location you are in.

Any event that triggers an audio sound or vibration (at least any event I have set up -- such as a phone call, clock alarm, or text message) even if the phone is set to silent causes playback to resume.

This means you have to exit the application completely and it seems it doesn't remember where you left off in your book. Terrible.
    06-01-09 05:46 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD