Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,131 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default new appworld version

i'm still looking for it, though. it's 1.1.0.35
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download

I didn't notice much change in it. I wish the sort option would get fixed because all I get is a thin bar with no words showing to see which option I'm selecting.

Global Posts
    10,131 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

the issue I've had with the 1.1.0.33 appworld is that when wifi is enabled, I can't read any reviews.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Someone needs to start a thread of known (official OS-related) issues and then it needs to be sent to RIM so they can get us a new version out yesterday.

Some of these things are just very minor, but one minor thing here, one minor thing there adds up and becomes a huge frustration.

Global Posts
    10,131 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by speters150 View Post
    Someone needs to start a thread of known (official OS-related) issues and then it needs to be sent to RIM so they can get us a new version out yesterday.

Some of these things are just very minor, but one minor thing here, one minor thing there adds up and becomes a huge frustration.
    RIM knows about the wifi thing, because I called them quite a while ago and they knew exactly what the fix was for the error message when trying to read reviews. at least it was nice to get a straight answer when I called tech support!
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Fair enough.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    by PM only!

What app world really needs is a way to feature enough apps that if an app is already on your device you don't see it in the featured apps....

When I scroll through whats currently featured (storm2)...I don't need to see BBM or Pandora.... and whats with featuring all the hispanic/latino based apps....

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmhphr View Post
    What app world really needs is a way to feature enough apps that if an app is already on your device you don't see it in the featured apps....

When I scroll through whats currently featured (storm2)...I don't need to see BBM or Pandora.... and whats with featuring all the hispanic/latino based apps....
    HAHAHAHA....I couldn't agree more with that question and I mean that in the least racist way possible.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    by PM only!

Talking

That's how I mean it, too...

Just take a scroll through the featured apps: SCOTTY mobil (German), iToday (news from Singapore), World Expo(Shanghai), n-tv mbil (only available in German)....who cares....show us something cool and interesting!

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

What's sad is those are probably some of the best apps developed for the Storm 2, but they're pointless for you and I.

Global Posts
    10,131 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

to tell the truth, I wouldn't have installed appworld on my phone were it not required to get Dragon for Email.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    the issue I've had with the 1.1.0.33 appworld is that when wifi is enabled, I can't read any reviews.
    Same problem here.
    Robots Will Kill
    ..Seek.Search.Destroy..

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB

Ah, I remember not so long ago all we wanted was an "app world," now all we do is complain; can we ever be happy??? HA! No! It is what it is for now; hopefully improvements will be made, but I am happy we a least have something with a growing list of apps all the time.
    Cory
    VZW 9550 OOAKDPC .743/.713