View Poll Results: Have You downloaded the beta

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 37.93%
  • No

36 62.07%
    Rayram, what's the email to try the update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    send me an email with your device model, carrier, current os and device pin to admin -at- rayraminc -dot- com

note: -at- is @ and -dot is .

i do this to stop spam bots... thanks for your interest in the app
    11-30-09 04:26 PM
    A new version of WhereAreYou is available. Fixes include..

-Fixed problem with GoogleMaps Version and auto start
    -Added Application Icon

So far there have been no problems reported by any of you.. But please feel free to send me an email and let me know how the app is working, if there is anything you think i should add or remove.. the links for download are avaiable below for those of you who are reading this on you berry.. Thanks

for those of you who still want to particiate in the beta...

send me an email with your device model, carrier, current os and device pin to admin -at- rayraminc -dot- com

note: -at- is @ and -dot is .

i do this to stop spam bots... thanks for your interest in the app
    12-01-09 04:10 PM
    Loving this app ........... getting some buddies to jump in the wagon

Last edited by Razkull; 12-01-09 at 11:55 PM.
    12-01-09 11:17 PM
    Loving this app ........... getting some buddies to jump in the wagon

Kool make sure they send me an email with their info that you sent me from before
    12-02-09 11:25 AM
    Version 0.9.1 available

Fixed location updates suddenly stopping
    Fixed the problem where the app wouldnt close (now you can do this by selecting close from the menu options or hitting the escape key)
    12-02-09 11:26 AM
    Rebooting now. Will let you know how it's working. Thanks for the top notch customer sevrice.
    12-02-09 11:29 AM
    Version 0.9.1 available

Fixed location updates suddenly stopping
    Fixed the problem where the app wouldnt close (now you can do this by selecting close from the menu options or hitting the escape key)
    Thanks will report back

12-02-09 12:32 PM
    Version 0.9.2 is available for download

Added features:
    -Fixed problems where location may stop being received after a phone call
    -added more debugger output so i can see where problems are coming from (if any)

Known probelms
    -App does not respond to MMS messages ( known issue this app does not support MMS messages)

Working on:
    -Adding MMS support to send and receive mms messages (you will be able to send a pic of the map )
    -Adding multiple user support (this will allow you to see your other friends on a map with their status and possible recent updates ** Obviously they would need WhereAreYou installed on their BB as well)
    12-03-09 11:16 AM
    Thanks....... Just installed will do some testing ....
    Report back

12-03-09 11:38 AM
    with this new batch, i have only been able to run the app if i change the permissions to allow all. is there a way you can have the app ask for the proper permissions when installing because i am wary of any app that wants full control from my fone.
    12-03-09 11:41 AM
    Interested in beta, sent an email yesterday.
    12-04-09 10:42 AM
    Some of you have been reporting that "Error" appears in the address box when you update you gps location.. This is caused by the geocoding/reversegeocoding server the application uses.. to try to eliminate this issue disable map updates when the app is running in the background in your settings.. This will save some battery life and reduce your data consumption. I will try adding another geocoding service in the next update so that we can avoid this issue. Thanks for all the feed back on the application. An update should come by sunday to fix this issue.
    12-04-09 11:12 AM
    with this new batch, i have only been able to run the app if i change the permissions to allow all. is there a way you can have the app ask for the proper permissions when installing because i am wary of any app that wants full control from my fone.
    This is weird.. I know on GSM devices it asks after download.. ill see if there is an explicit way
    12-04-09 11:35 AM
    hey Ray, I got the email with download in it today. When I download and try to run I get this error:

"Uncaught exception: Java.lang.NullPointerException"

I have set all permissions to Allow and I downloaded the Google Maps version. Thanks.
    12-04-09 11:48 AM
    I'd give it a try if your still looking for beta testers. Using 9700.

Drop me a PM with download info if you can.
    12-04-09 12:15 PM
    Hello everyone, version 0.9.3 is available for download. This update has fixed the "Error" some of you have reported getting when your address box updates. This also should fix some gps issues when you have been unable to get a signal for long amounts of time (in a building). Thanks and let me know how it goes.
    12-06-09 02:46 PM
    So i need some input from my beta testers.. Im implementing a feature in which you can see you friend(s) on a map assuming they also have whereareyou installed on their bb.. the way it would work is that you would select which person you would like to see and you can also select multiple contacts. the whereareyou would then get the information for you and show you all the of the friends you selected on a map.. but ive come to a cross road as to how to implement the device to device communication.. rim offers access to the way data is sent using bb messenger but when you request a persons location a notification would appear asking them if this is ok when you might already be allowed to get their location.. what the notification is actually asking for is the permission to launch the whereareyou app and then my app would be able to retrieve the data and send it back to your original device. the other option is to use email. i can use email to send the same data back and forth but it would be slower. i need your input as to which you think would be better or should i even do both??

so this is how it would work as follows
    use bbm: (makes the person accept even when the requestor might already be allowed)
    person A sends a request for location
    person B recieves a notification that WhereAreYou needs to launch
    after person B accepts the notification the location would be sent to person A's device

using email(slower)
    Person A sends request for location
    Person B recieves the request in an email (although the will not be notified they would not even know the message came in similar in the way smart guard works)
    An encrypted email is sent back to person A with the required data

after both a map is generated

what do you guys think??
    12-09-09 03:59 PM
    I'm a newbie to the Blackberry world and crossing from the touch screen phones to the Blackberry Tour, it has made my life a lot easier. Touch screen phones seem to have a mind of their own with accidental callouts and applications opening on their own, not to mention the screen glitches every now and then. I'm over the touch screen craze. The Blackberry Tour has made my life a lot easier and less angry with my phone...haha

Anyway, I was reading about the WhereAreYou GPS App and I would really love to give a try. This app raised my eyebrows in awe and was like, "WOW, I gotta check this app out". )

If it's possible for me to enjoy this app, please, email it to my BB Tour at:

joecamachoATsprintDOTblackberryDOTnet

Thank you very much for creating this app.

God bless.

jc
    01-01-10 11:21 PM
    Thanks to all my beta testers the app is finally available for purchase. I would like to figure out how to run a promotion with crackberry to give out some free copies any one know how i would do this?? the app is available for purchase at

WhereAreYou RayRamInc - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps

Thanks again to all my beta testers
    01-12-10 11:42 AM
169 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD