Well there have been a few people requesting a tip calculator so here it is. I went with a very simple looks because
    A. I didn't feel like spending too much time on this app. I have to get ready for the release of he app storefront
    B. I figured if you're going to show off your phone a tip calculator isn't going to wow anybody no matter how cool you make it lol

What does it do?
    You can punch in your bill amount, number of people splitting the check and your tip percent. You will be provided with how much you should tip, your total price and how much each person owes. It's pretty much self explanatory

Where can I get it from?
    Here is the official page for the app
    Here is the OTA link

Cool app how can I donate?
    You can't donate for this app, it was so easy to make, I shouldn't even get donations for it lol. If you insist though you can click on the Donate link in my signature.
    02-22-09 12:31 PM
    Nice one!!
    02-22-09 12:40 PM
    DMG, can you set it to default to a # keypad when you click on bill amount? Sort of like when you select a phone number field.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-22-09 12:50 PM
    DMG, can you set it to default to a # keypad when you click on bill amount? Sort of like when you select a phone number field.

I can, but when I do that there is no decimal point. That would suck if people want to enter the exact bill amount =/
    02-22-09 12:53 PM
    I can, but when I do that there is no decimal point. That would suck if people want to enter the exact bill amount =/
    Agreed, thanks.

02-22-09 01:09 PM
    Why did you choose to put only a pre-determined set of tip percentages? What if I want to set it at 18%? Can you change it so that is an input field as well??
    Thanks

Can't believe this wasn't part of the default calculator..What was RIM thinking???
    02-22-09 01:10 PM
    also would it be possible to add more people. Thank you dmg!!
    02-22-09 01:11 PM
    Why did you choose to put only a pre-determined set of tip percentages? What if I want to set it at 18%? Can you change it so that is an input field as well??
    Thanks

Can't believe this wasn't part of the default calculator..What was RIM thinking???
    I can add an 18% if you would like. I don't want to make it a text field because, I think simpler is better with an app like this. It's a lot easier to just click on something rather then to type it out
    02-22-09 01:13 PM
    also would it be possible to add more people. Thank you dmg!!
    More then 10?

I thought 10 was too many lol. That would suck you be a waiter / waitress serving more then 10 people on more then 10 separate checks lol.
    02-22-09 01:16 PM
    More then 10?

I thought 10 was too many lol. That would suck you be a waiter / waitress serving more then 10 people on more then 10 separate checks lol.
    If it's more than 8 usually, you're not going to get the option of choosing your own tip amount anyway. You'll get it added automatically at 17-20% depending on the restaurant.

In that case, you'd just want to use your calculator and divide by the amount of people.
    02-22-09 01:23 PM
    Nice this will come in handy.
    02-22-09 01:26 PM
    Yeah if you could add at least an 18% (I think that's the standard these days which is why I requested it) and maybe a 19%..that would be great!

02-22-09 02:18 PM
    Nice one dmg, thanks to you!
    02-22-09 03:39 PM
    Forget the naysayers. I've wanted this exact app. Yep. I already dl this and donated. The only change I would like is to be able to set a percentage (e.g 18%) as a default. One less click.
    If I wanted to change the percentage for a special reason then i could do that with the existing drop down box.
    02-22-09 04:05 PM
    Forget the naysayers. I've wanted this exact app. Yep. I already dl this and donated. The only change I would like is to be able to set a percentage (e.g 18%) as a default. One less click.
    If I wanted to change the percentage for a special reason then i could do that with the existing drop down box.
    I like the idea of being able to set a default tip percentage. Would it be hard to create a short menu for the application?
    02-22-09 04:18 PM
    Nice work, gotta love adding more and more to the Storm.
    02-22-09 04:25 PM
    nice! i would love to see the default percentage.. and also it would be nice to see the tip amount also split between the amount of people. so that way each person knows how much of the tip they owe.

oh and a little thing.. the icon has a bit of white that should be trimmed out?
    02-22-09 04:37 PM
    you guys are cheap...your supposed to tip 20 percent...you have clearly never served tables before
    02-22-09 04:41 PM
    Nice work, gotta love adding more and more to the Storm.
    yea, cept mine told me i didnt have enough room... for a 10kb program... my phone leaks like a sieve.
    02-22-09 04:43 PM
    dmg, thanks for providing the community with this app for free!

I did a little extra work to come up with a similar app that asks you questions and comes up with the tip for you. Check it out at Tip Helper for the BlackBerry Storm! Download Now!
    02-22-09 05:37 PM
    yea, cept mine told me i didnt have enough room... for a 10kb program... my phone leaks like a sieve.
    Huh? Your phone would crash if you didn't have at least 10kb storage memory. How do you leak storage mem? lol
    02-22-09 06:03 PM
    nice! i would love to see the default percentage.. and also it would be nice to see the tip amount also split between the amount of people. so that way each person knows how much of the tip they owe.

oh and a little thing.. the icon has a bit of white that should be trimmed out?
    Thanks DMG. I too would like to see the tip amount per person. Also maybe more values for the tip amount (10 to 25) in increments of 1.

02-22-09 06:13 PM
    Great app. I like it a lot. Straight to the point. Looked at the .99 cent version but too much to enter. Like your a lot better.
    02-22-09 06:32 PM
    Okay I will add the following in the next version

Feature
    It will remember how much you tip and will default to that
    It will show how much each person owes for the bill and tip

Anything else you guys want?
    02-22-09 06:39 PM
    wicked, cant wait!
    02-22-09 06:59 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD