Current Version:1.04 Updated 5/19/09

Hello everyone, I made a pretty small free app basically what it does is searches through the current email you have open and then forwards the tracking number into a blackberry browser. So all you need is a tracking number in that email and it should do the rest for you.

MP Methods Track Me!

Works with UPS,FedEx, and USPS. If you notice anything wierd please email me at mikepena at gmail dot com. I tried it so far on an Amazon and Newegg email, worked well for USPS and UPS but i've never had many fedex packages so I could only test one. This is just a beta right now and I should have an app icon for it some time tomorrow.

Please donate =) every little bit helps and it helps me pay my web host =)

Thanks for checking it out =)

P.S If you have a curve and would like to be a beta tester let me know, OR if you have a curve and it just straight up lets you download and install it let me know.

This is a beta

How to use it:
    Open an email with a tracking number
    Press Menu then Track Me! and you're done!
    Last edited by atlus; 05-19-09 at 12:19 PM.
    05-18-09 03:40 PM
    could be handy,might give it a whirl... (and possibly have bossman donate)

thanks.
    05-18-09 03:50 PM
    Thanks for checking it out, it's just in beta right now. I just made it a few hours ago so I am really loving any feedback at all. I tested it on a handful of newegg and amazon orders.
    05-18-09 03:59 PM
    Hello everyone, I made a pretty small free app basically what it does is searches through the current email you have open and then forwards the tracking number into a blackberry browser. So all you need is a tracking number in that email and it should do the rest for you.

MP Methods Track Me!

Works with UPS,FedEx, and USPS. If you notice anything wierd please email me at mikepena at gmail dot com. I tried it so far on an Amazon and Newegg email, worked well for USPS and UPS but i've never had many fedex packages so I could only test one. This is just a beta right now and I should have an app icon for it some time tomorrow.

Please donate =) every little bit helps and it helps me pay my web host =)

Thanks for checking it out =)

P.S If you have a curve and would like to be a beta tester let me know, OR if you have a curve and it just straight up lets you download and install it let me know.
    I have a curve. I'll try it now.

Oh, fedex sucks. lol
    05-18-09 04:20 PM
    Haha, yeah they do, I have two fedex emails with two completely different formats. One is 12 numbers long one is 15 numbers long so I don't know what their official format is.

Edit- oops I forgot to thank you for trying it on a curve, I hope it works.
    Last edited by atlus; 05-18-09 at 04:24 PM.
    05-18-09 04:21 PM
    Uncaught exception error on 8900 Curve. "uncaught exception: object already exists.
    05-18-09 04:23 PM
    I'll keep up with this thread and if you want me to test any releases, i'd be more than happy to. I'm sure it's a great app.
    05-18-09 04:24 PM
    Did you have an email open and use the Menu option? I get that error too if I try to open it Via the Downloads folder, i'll have to look into that because it shouldn't even show up in the downloads folder.

I have to leave for the rest of the night and I won't be back to late, i'll work on this more tomorrow but it should work if you use it via the menu while an email is open and don't try to manually open it because it's designed to run on start up.
    05-18-09 04:25 PM
    It works.

It has a hard time reading UPS space format though like this - 1Z 30V V90 03 1229 442 4

Sometimes the tracking # is spaced like that. You should also put the UPS, Fedex and USPS tabs on the trackme menu so you know which one to select. :P
    05-18-09 04:36 PM
    Yeah it won't see space well ill go back to that tomorrow thanks again I never got a track num with spaces but I guess they do exist =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 05:21 PM
    Fedex also uses different format for Express and Ground I believe.

PotBB

05-18-09 06:36 PM
    Hm that might explain some things thanks. I found another bug so there will be another beta update tomorrow for sure. Thanks again everyone for the feedback

05-18-09 06:48 PM
    nice lil app hear gj
    05-18-09 08:33 PM
    No problem.. Nice to see a simple yet useful app.

PotBB

05-18-09 08:42 PM
    im going to try this out too. i have to track boxes on a constant basis. ill give u feed back if i notice any problems
    05-18-09 08:47 PM
    ...Nice to see a simple yet useful app...
    NO DOUBT!

FINALLY, people are starting to use their brain for REAL apps instead off DUMB CRAP like swords. guns, fake lie detectors or fake sonograms.
    Nice job!
    05-19-09 12:36 AM
    PS- Installed on both my 9530 with 4.7.141/5.0 Hyrbid, and on my 8330 with 4.5.0.138. Both successfully installed, haven't tried to track something yet though...

Side note: You might want to fill in your "Vendor" tag...it says "unknown".
    05-19-09 12:43 AM
    Thanks, I don't know why it does that it I have to manually fix the vendor tag so wierd. I also don't allow the user to pick if it's FedEX USPS or UPS because I really want the app to do all the work for you.

Anyways expect a new version tomorrow that should allow weird spaces so if some drunk guy sends a UPS track number like:
    1Z 3xc3 1223 13 13 3131 - it'll work or
    1 Z 3 x c 3 1 2 2 3 1 3 1 3 3 1 3 1 - it'll work too

Also two bug fixes, fixed the Uncaught Object Already Exists bug and the bug that made multiple Track Me! menu items.

It should still work. I have to do more testing but I am going to sleep for now so look for the update tomorrow, and I got a spiffy new icon check it out, thanks go out to my girlfriend again.

Remember this is still in beta

Edit - oh yeah I still haven't got any FedEx tracking numbers if you can please help I just need to know the format, IE how many numbers ( length of the track number) and are there any letters and if it's ground or express.

Thanks!
    05-19-09 12:56 AM
    Thanks, I don't know why it does that it I have to manually fix the vendor tag so wierd. I also don't allow the user to pick if it's FedEX USPS or UPS because I really want the app to do all the work for you.

Anyways expect a new version tomorrow that should allow weird spaces so if some drunk guy sends a UPS track number like:
    1Z 3xc3 1223 13 13 3131 - it'll work or
    1 Z 3 x c 3 1 2 2 3 1 3 1 3 3 1 3 1 - it'll work too

Also two bug fixes, fixed the Uncaught Object Already Exists bug and the bug that made multiple Track Me! menu items.

It should still work. I have to do more testing but I am going to sleep for now so look for the update tomorrow, and I got a spiffy new icon check it out, thanks go out to my girlfriend again.

Remember this is still in beta

Edit - oh yeah I still haven't got any FedEx tracking numbers if you can please help I just need to know the format, IE how many numbers ( length of the track number) and are there any letters and if it's ground or express.

Thanks!
    Awesome. I can't wait. Thanks again.
    05-19-09 03:53 AM
    i just downloaded hope it works good.

also are you the developer that made lms? are you still working? if so will there be any updates?
    05-19-09 05:41 AM
    NO DOUBT!

FINALLY, people are starting to use their brain for REAL apps instead off DUMB CRAP like swords. guns, fake lie detectors or fake sonograms.
    Nice job!
    +1....

(FedEx: Track by Door Tag Number: Door tag numbers start with the letters "DT" followed by 12 numbers)
    05-19-09 07:39 AM
    Fedex tracking # format: 999999999999
    (random sample: 866654383739)

DHL:
    International Air Freight Shipments - 7 digit HAWB number 1234567
    International Ocean Shipments - 9 character HBL number SEA123456
    U.S. Domestic Shipments* � 3 character origin code and HAWB number, which can be up to 10 digits in length. SEA1234567
    05-19-09 07:50 AM
    Thank you rrudeboy, and I thought DHL was dead? Also i'll look into this Door Tag Number, never heard of it before.

Rydog - Yes I am the creator of LMS, I do plan to make one more update for LMS before discontinuing it. It seems in my absence from the BB Community(had to focus on school) someone made a program with the same functionality and is selling it for a heck of a lot more money then I was =P.

I just woke up, ahh I love being done with finals! Time to get some breakfast and begin testing.

Edit- I know FedEX also has 15 length tracking numbers, I recently ordered PC's for the office and all of the tracking numbers were 15 but that one time I was actually shipped something by FedEX it was 12 but that was a long time ago so that's what made me wonder if they changed to 15 or if they use both 15 and 12.
    Last edited by atlus; 05-19-09 at 10:32 AM.
    05-19-09 10:19 AM
    Okay testing looks finished, tested about 28 different cases. Track Me! will confuse a customer number if it's of the same format as a tracking number.

I am thinking of releasing 3 versions of Track Me! A Track Me! lite which is very fast but not space tolerant but should still work most of the time. Track Me! regular takes in spaces but it takes a very small fraction of a second longer and a Track Me! "advanced" where it will search the entire document and if it finds more then one valid tracking number it will ask you to pick which one you want it to use, it's a bit more robust that way but not as "lazy" as I want it to be it would be good though for someone who gets 5 tracking numbers in one email.

Update, is up now check it out at MP Methods LMS
    05-19-09 12:06 PM
    I just wanted to post so I can be subscribed to this thread.

So, does this work with the GMail app as well?

What sites is it opening up exactly? The mobile versions for the carriers or the regular?

I don't know if it's possible, but you should check this site (can't post links yet, look at the bottom of my post) out and see about adding some of the functionality they've got to your app.

I'd especially like an sms alert when a package has arrived... <undecided.gif>

usetrackthis . com
    05-26-09 05:58 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD