Ok tell me this can't be done so I can sleep. I wanna set my devise like the ctrl/tab works on a pc. Such as I can set the app switcher to the left key. Hold shift and then press the left key, boom I switch apps. Anyway to do that?
    09-16-09 09:33 PM
    Try Quicklaunch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 10:14 PM
    Try Quicklaunch.

Actually I already have Quicklaunch and I love it. I have also tried and will purcahse the KBlauncer. I would just like to set the app switcher to that left key. It would be so easy, like I mentioned, to hold the shift key and be able to quickly switch between open apps. I know it's a stretch, but I was hoping. Is the Berry capable of doing something like that? I've only had it 4 months so I'm still learning the limits. It just feels like a small computer and sometimes forget that it's not.

Thanks for your help and time xliderider.
    09-17-09 10:19 AM
    Application Switcher is an option for the convenience key on my 8310. No shift key needed, just press the button and the list of running apps opens.
    09-17-09 11:20 AM
    It's an option on my 8330 as well.

09-17-09 01:02 PM
    Actually I already have Quicklaunch and I love it. I have also tried and will purcahse the KBlauncer. I would just like to set the app switcher to that left key. It would be so easy, like I mentioned, to hold the shift key and be able to quickly switch between open apps. I know it's a stretch, but I was hoping. Is the Berry capable of doing something like that? I've only had it 4 months so I'm still learning the limits. It just feels like a small computer and sometimes forget that it's not.

Thanks for your help and time xliderider.
    Isn't this one of the basics? Hold the left Shift key and then hit the Back button, then scroll to the app and release Shift key.

EDIT: I had to come back to this post and correct my own dumb mistake
    I meant to say the ALT key, not the left Shift key. Hope I didn't confuse anyone. My bad!

Last edited by demonio; 09-20-09 at 07:34 PM.
    09-17-09 03:11 PM
    Isn't this one of the basics? Hold the left Shift key and the hit the Back button, then scroll to the app and release Shift key.

I am a new BB owner and am still learning the basics. This is exactly what I wanted. Thanks for your help demino. With the answers I got I'm begining to think either, its not that basic or my question was misunderstood. Again a million thanks. Now I can set my left button to Quicklaunch.
    09-17-09 03:17 PM
    Actually, it was so basic, I thought you were asking about alternatives.

09-17-09 06:08 PM
    I am a new BB owner and am still learning the basics. This is exactly what I wanted. Thanks for your help demino. With the answers I got I'm begining to think either, its not that basic or my question was misunderstood. Again a million thanks. Now I can set my left button to Quicklaunch.
    No problem There's tons of info here, and we're always more than willing to help our fellow CrackBerry addicts, new and old ;-)

Enjoy your new toy.

09-17-09 07:42 PM
    I have my 8330 set to app switcher. Just go to Options - Screen/Keyboard - Left convenience key - Application switcher.

09-17-09 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD